Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Lou Lamoriello Named President of Hockey Operations for Islanders

  1. #21
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,800
    Rep Power
    139

    Lou Lamoriello Named President of Hockey Operations for Islanders

    Itís nice to have multiple 1st round picks, hopefully the Rangers can have them 2 years in a row if Tampa wins. It can really help build a solid contending team.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,766
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    It’s nice to have multiple 1st round picks, hopefully the Rangers can have them 2 years in a row if Tampa wins. It can really help build a solid contending team.
    3 years in a row. Had two 1st last year too.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,176
    Rep Power
    42
    Wang for some reason liked giving those poison pills in the contracts. makes you wonder what the hell he was thinking.

  4. #24
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,257
    Rep Power
    52
    same as dolan giving out a life-long contract to sather

  5. #25
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,793
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    same as dolan giving out a life-long contract to sather
    Do people forget that Sather still runs shit here? For all we know Gorton has to get his seal of approval on everything still.
    GORTON 2020

  6. #26
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,442
    Rep Power
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Do people forget that Sather still runs shit here? For all we know Gorton has to get his seal of approval on everything still.
    I have been wondering what the dynamic there is since Sather stepped down as GM but in light of recent events (rebuild, rookie coach, youth movement, etc.) I am thinking that Gortons leash is longer than we thought. These really dont seem like Slats moves.

  7. #27
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    These really dont seem like Slats moves.
    definitely not, could not be more clear that Gorton has way more than enough rope to either swing to the promised land or hang himself

  8. #28
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,793
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I have been wondering what the dynamic there is since Sather stepped down as GM but in light of recent events (rebuild, rookie coach, youth movement, etc.) I am thinking that Gortons leash is longer than we thought. These really dont seem like Slats moves.
    Every time Sather appears I feel like Scrooge on Christmas eve.
    GORTON 2020

  9. #29
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,257
    Rep Power
    52
    what is the difference between a general manager and the president of hockey operation? what are their duties?

  10. #30
    Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    15
    Torrey in Florida = Sather in New York = LL in Long Island.

  11. #31
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,026
    Rep Power
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    what is the difference between a general manager and the president of hockey operation? what are their duties?
    Basically the the GM is the Head of Ops admin.

  12. #32
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,257
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Basically the the GM is the Head of Ops admin.
    I guess my question should've been "what does president of hockey operations do"?

  13. #33
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76,026
    Rep Power
    502
    What the GM used to do.

  14. #34
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,257
    Rep Power
    52
    thanks...now its all clear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •