Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pretty sure he was.
    I don’t think he was let go yet.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don’t think he was let go yet.
    I read an article stating Gorton fired the whole staff.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I read an article stating Gorton fired the whole staff.
    I just googled him. His page says he’s still employed by the Rangers.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I just googled him. His page says he’s still employed by the Rangers.
    Well that's a shame.

I think he was interviewed for the hc job and that’s why he wasn’t fired with the rest of the staff. Unless they want him here as an associate coach, he’ll probably get fired after a hc is officially named.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Ruff wasn't fired. They're waiting on the new coach to determine his fate. If Quinn wants him, he'll stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Ruff will get some random ass job title and keep his salary.

Should have been the first guy fired.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Who cares what happens to ruff? It’s a complete nonfactor. I’m just glad he’s not the new head coach.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    No one said they cared. Just confirming the status of the staff

So what did you confirm as ruffs status?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    So what did you confirm as ruffs status?
    He’s still here, for now. Lol
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Ok glad we confirmed nothing

HNIC BSBH Legend
    No, we confirmed he's hasn't been fired. Thought that was clear.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Hey, what's the deal with Ruff?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Has Quinn won anything? Seems like Keefe is the guy always taking his team through the playoffs

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Overall to me about the best thing about Quinn is he isn't a retread. Would not of been my first choice by any means. Like almost everyone else in the org he has a lot to prove but unlike a lot of the left over players he starts with a clean slate. Hopefully it works.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Last edited by jsrangers; 05-21-2018 at 05:12 PM.

I'm not setting any expectations with our new coach at all just yet. He's basically going to have to mop up the disastrous mess our last flaming douche bag left here. That being said, you could pull a one-armed monkey out of a tree, put him behind the bench and he'd better than AV. I'm not expecting this franchise to be competitive for at least 2 more years, so I can see why Gorton gave him more years on the new contract.

I still think this team needs a totally new direction, and when I read up on these guys... no matter what you read there always the goods and the bads. Same with Keefe. I wanna see what this guy can do, how he reacts, his coaching style, and how the players play for him. If he can get 100% effort out of his players and put the right match ups on the ice when required to do so, well...he's 100% in front of the last piece of shit we had back there.

I believe we're going to need to demonstrate a lot of patience with this franchise as it puts itself back together again. I'm on board as long as they do it correctly....that meaning..NO SHORTCUTS. Build with the draft and young players. None of this sign this guy and sign that guy shit just to make the playoffs.

Fuck making the playoffs....Let's win and build a winning tradition. If it takes 5 years to build something that sticks, I'm good with it....because the strategy we've employed since I've been watching this team since 1971 isn't working.

We caught lightning in a bottle one time in 1994 and it took nothing short of selling our souls to the Devil to do so. (pun totally intended!) =)

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    I think the odds are we're going to find out a one armed monkey would fail miserably and that AV got more out of a bunch of marginal players than he gets credit for. It's time to look at who put this group together as well as AV. If your only measuring stick is cups and championships than yeah 90+ percent of every coach in every league sucks. As much as the guy gets shit on here his record as a head coach is far from bad. In fact the numbers say he's pretty good. Was it time to go, sure. In part because you can't purge your entire roster of dead weight boarderline talent.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I think the odds are we're going to find out a one armed monkey would fail miserably and that AV got more out of a bunch of marginal players than he gets credit for. It's time to look at who put this group together as well as AV. If your only measuring stick is cups and championships than yeah 90+ percent of every coach in every league sucks. As much as the guy gets shit on here his record as a head coach is far from bad. In fact the numbers say he's pretty good. Was it time to go, sure. In part because you can't purge your entire roster of dead weight boarderline talent.

i agree wholeheartedly. agree it was time for him to go and hopefully we get a good no nonsense guys who is a good teacher and has a swift hand when needed.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    We are not really talking about the GM who got us here because this thread is about the new coach and coaching. Thankfully Sather is slowly easing away from some things, however I'm not certain that he can't exercise heavy influence anytime he feels like it. Regardless, he was a bigger problem then AV, but the hope is that Gorton is gaining more control of the reins.

If we are to take Gorton and the letter at face value, AV was no longer the man to lead the team into the future. I'd contend that he has had 3 years of declining results and it was a time for a change, no matter the makeup of the roster. Going very young only cements the decision to fire AV

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast