Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: David Quinn Officially Named Rangers' Head Coach

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    But assuming that's not on the table, or plausible, I have little to no issue with signing him to a two-year deal to bring along the rebuild. He's actually a fantastic player to have in that role IMO. His injection into the Devils lineup when they got him dramatically improved their fortunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    They did worse the year he arrived at the deadline, then WAY worse in 10-11 where they were last in goals scored and finished with 81 points, then went to the Cup final in 11-12, and were bad in 12-13.

The difference was that Parise was out for the season in 10-11 and left before 12-13. Kovy, good as he was in 11-12, wasn't the difference maker for them, it was Parise. Kovy's too talented to call a product of anyone, but he was only ever a ppg player with Parise.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    So I finally got around to watching the press conference. Man this guy is annoying to listen to talk. "I'm happy to be here, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's gonna be a battle getting back in contention, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my ass is itchy, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let's go Rangers, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Nyet-Nyet-Nyet to I.K.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Did I miss something? Who are the associate/assistant coaches? Why haven't they been named yet?

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    They haven't been named yet. They're in no rush.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Article on potential assistants here https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018...rs-david-quinn

Some good names there. Wonder if Stevens would be up for it.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    I'd love to add Stevens, but I think the Isles might entertain him as head coach. Could undercut the Rangers' potential interest.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Stevens would be great.
    I’m not entirely convinced he’d jump at it tbh.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Meh. Not excited about any names on there. Maybe Richards or MSL, although I don't think it would be a good idea to put a guy with no experience at all on the bench as an assistant with a first time NHL coach. Or maybe you do? Fresh start for everyone?

Maybe Grönborg is a good fit? Seems to have a bit of experience.

What about some of the names that were supposed to be in consideration for the HC job? Rick Bennett and all those names?

I don't know. I figured the coaching staff would be in place by now. Maybe it's not as important as I thought.
    Last edited by The Dude; 06-11-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    It would be fun if they went with a EU coach. Grönborg sounds interesting.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910