Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Doubtful Spooner is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Didn’t realize that Namestnikov is the only Russian the rangers could bring in to make buch happy. Why not just order him a Russian bride and not trade one of your best young assets? Also it would free up a roster spot.

The Russian bride would come with no cap hit but we would have to insist to no sex before games. Of course we could bring back av and make his bride the new captain to lead a new era of giant vagina hockey.

Sorry. Couldn’t help myself

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    So you take a pot shot and skip the question about Kovalchuk, where I'm taking your word for it...
    I wasn’t taking a pot shot, I just think you over analyze every situation. Things aren’t that much different than you would normally expect. As far as Kovy, I have no idea what the main reason is. Guess? I think they believe he can still play and be a contributor to a quicker rebuild. He’s older, but the KHL game is all skill guys. No one is looking to kill each other. Same in other Euro leagues. NA hockey is a different game. That’s why some coaches aren’t that high on the young Euros being top selections.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Didn’t realize that Namestnikov is the only Russian the rangers could bring in to make buch happy. Why not just order him a Russian bride and not trade one of your best young assets? Also it would free up a roster spot.

The Russian bride would come with no cap hit but we would have to insist to no sex before games. Of course we could bring back av and make his bride the new captain to lead a new era of giant vagina hockey.
    No sex before games is a myth. Get that kid laid.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Does Ovechkin still live with his parents?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Does Ovechkin still live with his parents?
    I think he’s married.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Yes, we know Krider can speak Russian. He can help explain things at practice. That is far different from having a native speaker who actually grew up in Russia to hang out with away from the rink. I can speak Spanish, but a native Spanish speaker and I wouldn't be able to have riveting convos on a Tuesday night.

And no one has said Buch complained. He chose to come here from the best team in the KHL didn't he? He chose to stay despite AV shuffling him throughout the line up didn't he? Doesn't change the fact that he finds comfort in having another Russian on the team, and him find comfort in having another Russian on the team doesn't mean he needs a babysitter...
    Why do you feel like it's a personal assault on you if somebody tells Buch to man up a little bit?

Also thanks for explaining to me that someone who speaks Russian is not the same as someone who grew up in Russia I wouldn't have known that if you didn't tell me.

Point being it's asinine to think a professional sports team would waste a roster spot on a guy to hang out with another guy. Especially when that guy isn't very good and wouldn't be much of a mentor.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My Dude, I gotta be brutally honest with you ... All of your thought process into how things work in hockey, are a reach. Youíre assumptions are out there. You overthink a lot of shit. Itís not brain surgery. Itís hockey and life.
    I agree with this post overall, but not with its response to the previous post. Dude is Right. Professional sports teams do not waste roster spots on buddies in a cap league.

Especially when the buddies aren't very good at hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I agree with this post overall, but not with its response to the previous post. Dude is Right. Professional sports teams do not waste roster spots on buddies in a cap league.

Especially when the buddies aren't very good at hockey.
    If your “buddy” can play, they will sign or trade for them. I can give you 5 examples where I know it happened.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    If your ďbuddyĒ can play, they will sign or trade for them. I can give you 5 examples where I know it happened.
    Right... If they can play... Which is exactly what I said. They're not going to waste a roster spot on somebody who shows nothing ... names showed nothing.

Right... If they can play... Which is exactly what I said. They're not going to waste a roster spot on somebody who shows nothing ... names showed nothing.
    Oh, I don’t believe Names was traded for, or will be signed because of Buch. I was just saying in general.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Heís practically American
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Why do you feel like it's a personal assault on you if somebody tells Buch to man up a little bit?

Also thanks for explaining to me that someone who speaks Russian is not the same as someone who grew up in Russia I wouldn't have known that if you didn't tell me.

Point being it's asinine to think a professional sports team would waste a roster spot on a guy to hang out with another guy. Especially when that guy isn't very good and wouldn't be much of a mentor.
    I don't. Thanks for your concern though.

Why does Buch need to man up? Again, he left the best team in the KHL come come here. He got sent to the AHL. Came back up. Dealt with AV moving him throughout the lineup and cutting his minutes. He didn't complain. He didn't go back to the KHL. He stayed here. Despite all that, saying that he is happy to have another Russian on the team means he's a whinny baby that needs to man up? Doesn't make sense.

Junior Member Mite Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    If they are bringing in Kovalchuk on a short term deal at a reasonable price, and they want to keep Namestnikov around and play the two of them together with Buch, ok. There may be something to that. Thereís a common language and hockey culture/style there.

But thereís no guarantee that works just because you put 3 Russians together on a line. There have been plenty of instances where that hasnít worked.

5 different teams tried that same philosophy with Andrei Nazorov, who SJ drafted 10th overall one year I believe. They put him with Viktor Kozlov in SJ, Val Bure in CGY, Kovalenko and then Samsonov in Boston, and it didnít work anywhere.

No guarantees on that.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Our Czechmates worked well for about a week and a half, long enough for the MSG Network to repeatedly bombard us with a promo of them walking around town together, giggling.

Junior Member Mite Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Our Czechmates worked well for about a week and a half, long enough for the MSG Network to repeatedly bombard us with a promo of them walking around town together, giggling.
    Exactly.

The desire to put the Europeans from any one particular country together simply because they’re from the same “school “ is understandable. And it does work phenomenally well at times. But it should be no deciding factor in acquiring a player, cause it fails to work at least as often it is successful.

And those commercials were very lame.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I wasnít taking a pot shot, I just think you over analyze every situation. Things arenít that much different than you would normally expect. As far as Kovy, I have no idea what the main reason is. Guess? I think they believe he can still play and be a contributor to a quicker rebuild. Heís older, but the KHL game is all skill guys. No one is looking to kill each other. Same in other Euro leagues. NA hockey is a different game. Thatís why some coaches arenít that high on the young Euros being top selections.
    Here I am thinking I don't analyze enough. If I don't post a players corsi, or know a goalies sv% to the exact number, it's a travisty.

Obviously we saw Hayes recruit Vesey. So we do know some players reach out to others in an effort to help management.

The general idea of my post was to say, I don't think Names was traded here or will be kept here just for Buch, or to lure Rykov and the goalie or Kovalchuk and vice versa.

Do you have a recent example of when a team brought in a fellow countryman to help a kid settle in? I guess I never noticed it.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I don't. Thanks for your concern though.

Why does Buch need to man up? Again, he left the best team in the KHL come come here. He got sent to the AHL. Came back up. Dealt with AV moving him throughout the lineup and cutting his minutes. He didn't complain. He didn't go back to the KHL. He stayed here. Despite all that, saying that he is happy to have another Russian on the team means he's a whinny baby that needs to man up? Doesn't make sense.
    All that...without a fellow Russian to help. I think he'll be OK of we lose Names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Was a little more than a week and a half...

This isn’t the late 80’s when a player was smuggled out of a hotel and left behind his wife and kids not knowing if he’s ever see them again or if his actions may inflict harm on them.

Today we must be concerned with his feelings. The multimillion dollars are not enough. So J.T. miller was a locker room problem but this isn’t? Of course this is all made up crap by people here but if it was even close to true I trade him immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Exactly.

The desire to put the Europeans from any one particular country together simply because they’re from the same “school “ is understandable. And it does work phenomenally well at times. But it should be no deciding factor in acquiring a player, cause it fails to work at least as often it is successful.

And those commercials were very lame.
    I don’t think anyone here said or thought players were brought together to necessarily play together.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast