Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: My Penalty Rules Change Proposal

  1. #21
    Junior Member Mite Division andysly5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    welcome. my son plays for generals. will be first year bantam
    Hey small world! That's awesome.

    My son is a 2nd year peewee. He's on the AA white team. Can't wait to get started.

  2. #22
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,723
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well the idea is not to ice it. No one wants a draw in their own end, let alone 4 or more in 2 minutes.
    I know, but the idea is always not to ice it. If a guy is pinned or just need to get the puck out quick, I think they'll take the icing over trying to make a play.

  3. #23
    Junior Member Mite Division andysly5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    2
    How about the idea of having a minor penalty go a full 2 minutes even if a PP goal is scored?

  4. #24
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,907
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I know, but the idea is always not to ice it. If a guy is pinned or just need to get the puck out quick, I think they'll take the icing over trying to make a play.
    A team getting pinned won’t have many chances to ice the puck.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  5. #25
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,907
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by andysly5 View Post
    How about the idea of having a minor penalty go a full 2 minutes even if a PP goal is scored?
    At youth or in the show ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  6. #26
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,673
    Rep Power
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I know, but the idea is always not to ice it. If a guy is pinned or just need to get the puck out quick, I think they'll take the icing over trying to make a play.
    Implementing this rule at a Young age is an effort to eliminate that mind set from players at a young age.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  7. #27
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,907
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Implementing this rule at a Young age is an effort to eliminate that mind set from players at a young age.
    Correct. That’s the whole point of all the changes they’ve made in the last 6-7 years.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  8. #28
    Junior Member Mite Division andysly5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    At youth or in the show ?
    Sorry, in the show.....

  9. #29
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,723
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Implementing this rule at a Young age is an effort to eliminate that mind set from players at a young age.
    No shit.

    But in the NHL, if there's no play to be made, hard and out will still be the go to.

  10. #30
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,907
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    No shit.

    But in the NHL, if there's no play to be made, hard and out will still be the go to.
    But it’s not for the NHL. Any rules used in USA Hockey for whatever levels involved, have a purpose behind them developmentally. This particular rule will create good positional habits, and make it a better game. So while you’re correct that the older levels will still go off the glass and out when need be, it’s the other instances off a kill where they’ll turn nothing into something. Also, the older players are not fans of the “off the glass and out”. Some guys still preach it, and the players hate it, unless like you said where it’s a desperation move.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  11. #31
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,723
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    But it’s not for the NHL. Any rules used in USA Hockey for whatever levels involved, have a purpose behind them developmentally. This particular rule will create good positional habits, and make it a better game. So while you’re correct that the older levels will still go off the glass and out when need be, it’s the other instances off a kill where they’ll turn nothing into something. Also, the older players are not fans of the “off the glass and out”. Some guys still preach it, and the players hate it, unless like you said where it’s a desperation move.
    I was talking about the NHL - how the rule would impact the game.

    I 100% agree with the rule at lower levels of US Hockey.

  12. #32
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,907
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I was talking about the NHL - how the rule would impact the game.

    I 100% agree with the rule at lower levels of US Hockey.
    But the same applies at the Bantam and below levels. If there’s no play, they will ice it. But like Puckhead said, pp’s aren’t really a thing of beauty at the younger levels.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  13. #33
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,723
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    But the same applies at the Bantam and below levels. If there’s no play, they will ice it. But like Puckhead said, pp’s aren’t really a thing of beauty at the younger levels.
    I'm sure. I think it's smart to try to instill the playmaking habits at a young level.

    I just think, in the NHL, you're going to see a lot more icings, because guys are going to try to clear the puck as often as they do now, the only difference is that it would lead to a lot more faceoffs.

  14. #34
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,907
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'm sure. I think it's smart to try to instill the playmaking habits at a young level.

    I just think, in the NHL, you're going to see a lot more icings, because guys are going to try to clear the puck as often as they do now, the only difference is that it would lead to a lot more faceoffs.
    Or turnovers, either way that will equal more scoring. A lot more than at the younger levels, because they can change on icings.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  15. #35
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,774
    Rep Power
    491
    If you converted to automatic icing rather than hybrid on a PP the players aren't going to keep dumping it because they won't be able to get a change.

  16. #36
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,673
    Rep Power
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you converted to automatic icing rather than hybrid on a PP the players aren't going to keep dumping it because they won't be able to get a change.
    Good idea.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •