Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's a Slow News Week, So Here's a Fun and Unique Trade Proposal

both sides make some good points. But the ryan contract is horrible and we're already stuck with brendan smith. youll regret it once 2019 rolls around and we have a crack at someone like seguin

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreid_or_die View Post
    both sides make some good points. But the ryan contract is horrible and we're already stuck with brendan smith. youll regret it once 2019 rolls around and we have a crack at someone like seguin
    Agree. We should proceed with great caution on taking on bad contracts or even creating new bad contracts.

However, I'll go off the reservation to suggest we build a winner w/o signing the typical 28 y/o star free agent to a 7-8 year monster contract. These guys are on the back 9. I would not regret not missing out on Seguin, if it meant getting Zadina or Svechnikov as 18 year olds.

Would you rather have Laine or Seguin? Would you rather have Provorov or Carlsson? Would you rather have a star between the ages of 18 to 27 or one from 28 to 35? Until we have a core in place, I'm an advocate of a youthful rebuild, which is inherently cheaper.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123