Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: 2017-2018 WCF | Vegas Golden Knights (P1) v. Winnipeg Jets (C2)

  1. #101
    Member Mite Division LeetchFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    The best part about Vegas is it essentially proves every FO as a complete fraud. These people make 6 and 7 figure salaries to put together competitive hockey clubs and more than that, they gave up EXTRA assets to be sure Vegas took who they all wanted them to take, and look at the outcome. It's fantastic.
    All the players had 1 goal....no salary cap problems.....no FAs to worry about....a dream set-up.

    In 10 years, articles will very likely be written about the attendance and financial problems of the LVK and they will all start off by talking about this fantastic run.

    As I've said before, I think this sets the bar so high for the next 5 years it's going to be a disaster.

  2. #102
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,320
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    They made smart choices at the draft and put together what is essentially a team with 4 good 2nd lines.
    What?

    Marchessault, Karlsson, and Tuch have more goals than the rest of the forwards combined.

  3. #103
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,320
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Scags View Post
    This Vegas phenomenon has me a thinking about luck a little bit. Am I the only one who believes that the stars aligned for them almost perfectly?
    Sure, I know that whole team has played pretty much out of this world and they have a few guys who are having career years...but their rise came at the perfect time in the NHL...IMO. There are no real dominant teams at this moment to lay a roadblock up for Vegas. The fact that they're playing
    the Winnipeg Jets in the semi final pretty much sums that up.

    The Blackhawks 2010-2015 mini dynasty has either pretty much ended or is in transition.
    The Kings mini dominant run, that we were so fortunate enough, to run into is all but over.
    The Penguins were on top for 3 years, so it was a lot to ask for them to piece together another long run.

    Maybe the Knights run ends if/when they meet Tampa in the Final, but until then
    It's not luck, necessarily, b/c they're a good team, but there's no doubt they benefit from the fact that the league, in its entirety, is way down this year.

  4. #104
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,091
    Rep Power
    234
    We entered the season with a "team of 2nd lines" but lacked the effort.
    This was the makeup of Ruff's teams in Buffalo, for the most part. No top guys, just a bunch of middle 6 guys outworking the other team, with team defense and strong goaltending.
    Teams like this can spring up and have a good season, but I don't think its a recipe for long-term success.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #105
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    What?

    Marchessault, Karlsson, and Tuch have more goals than the rest of the forwards combined.
    Marchessault and Karlsson have had incredible years, that doesn’t have a bearing on what they set out to do in the draft and what I said.
    Gallant has been able to roll 4 lines all season long.

  6. #106
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,754
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by LeetchFan View Post
    All the players had 1 goal....no salary cap problems.....no FAs to worry about....a dream set-up.

    In 10 years, articles will very likely be written about the attendance and financial problems of the LVK and they will all start off by talking about this fantastic run.

    As I've said before, I think this sets the bar so high for the next 5 years it's going to be a disaster.
    lol, Then they disband the team and we each get to take back one player who was previously in our system ... cough ... Marchessault
    but ... start the movement now ... Break Up the Knights!
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  7. #107
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,320
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Marchessault and Karlsson have had incredible years, that doesn’t have a bearing on what they set out to do in the draft and what I said.
    Gallant has been able to roll 4 lines all season long.
    I don't really agree that he rolls 4 lines more than any other team, since they had 5 guys on the roster who all played less than 11:00 per night at 5v5 (NYR had 3, for comparison).

    But calling them all 2nd lines is misleading, because half their forward group can't score. They're really all closer to 4th lines. Sure they made some good choices in the draft, but that's not reflected in their forward depth.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I don't really agree that he rolls 4 lines more than any other team, since they had 5 guys on the roster who all played less than 11:00 per night at 5v5 (NYR had 3, for comparison).

    But calling them all 2nd lines is misleading, because half their forward group can't score. They're really all closer to 4th lines. Sure they made some good choices in the draft, but that's not reflected in their forward depth.
    Weekes and Rupp pulled out some stats on NHL Tonight the other day that said differently. Maybe it was regarding the playoffs, which kind of makes sense considering they've hardly trailed at all.
    Perhaps it's wrong to say 4 2nd lines. Maybe it's more precise to say they put together 4 lines with a focus on skating ability, putting together a team where any line can skate against any opposing line and maintain the speed Gallant is looking for.

  9. #109
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,320
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Weekes and Rupp pulled out some stats on NHL Tonight the other day that said differently. Maybe it was regarding the playoffs, which kind of makes sense considering they've hardly trailed at all.
    Perhaps it's wrong to say 4 2nd lines. Maybe it's more precise to say they put together 4 lines with a focus on skating ability, putting together a team where any line can skate against any opposing line and maintain the speed Gallant is looking for.
    I'm curious as to what those stats are because, at 5v5 in the playoffs, they're not at all rolling 4 lines. Reaves and Carrier are both under 8:00, and Nosek and Bellemare are under 10:00.

    I can agree with the second half of that, the one thing they do well is play fast, that's up and down the lineup.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •