Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Lightning’s Success Says About the New York Rangers

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Why?
    Can't bring up Crosby, one of the top players of all time, as a scoring comparison to Lundqvist.

There are not going to be any goalies you take over the top 10 offensive players in league history, is all I'm saying. I'll usually take the scorer over the goalie, though. Sundin or Lundqvist, I take Lundqvist.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    No one gives a shit about Crosby's possession stats.
    So mean
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I could be reading it completely wrong but his Corsi says otherwise? I can't believe I went against my morals and just brought Corsi into the conversation.
    His Corsi relative to his OZS hasn't been particularly good the last two years. In 2012 he was the best possession player in the game.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Crosby had some turnovers in the Washington series, but he also drove play when he had the puck. More positive than negative there.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Can't bring up Crosby, one of the top players of all time, as a scoring comparison to Lundqvist.

There are not going to be any goalies you take over the top 10 offensive players in league history, is all I'm saying. I'll usually take the scorer over the goalie, though. Sundin or Lundqvist, I take Lundqvist.
    I didn’t. Someone else did. Fwiw, I’d take a lot of centers + avg goalie over Lundqvist + Stepan or Zibs
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Hank is the best game 7 goalie ever. Rinne just got pulled in less than 11 minutes.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Lunqvist sucks. There's the plain truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    How anyone can say Hank didn't make a significant difference when this was the goal support he got, and the Rangers stroll racked up playoff wins, blows my mind.

Raanta had a shit defense and put up great numbers. Lunqvist is a shit overpaid pantiwaste.

I might take you more seriously if you could actually spell Lundqvist correctly.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I might take you more seriously if you could actually spell Lundqvist correctly.
    My apologies, I used the word list and thought it would actually have his name correct.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I was on NHL Sirius radio the other day after a CAPS fan called all excited to play TBL.

"RangerFrank in NY calling. First of all, CAPS fans must be excited that the Rangers are FINALLY out of the playoffs after having eliminated you from Round 2 over the years. Enjoy your few minutes in the sun! The NY Rangers southern affiliate team also known as the Lightening will rock your world. Anyway, I don't really care who wins as long as it is any team other than the Capitols."

WAS proved me wrong last night, but there is plenty of hockey left to play.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

Senior Member Midget Division
    Game 7 of the ECF is still something. Granted, McD and Girardi were -2 in game 7, the former rangers overall had a good play off run and could be going to the SCF if they got better goaltending tonight.

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Game 7 of the ECF is still something. Granted, McD and Girardi were -2 in game 7, the former rangers overall had a good play off run and could be going to the SCF if they got better goaltending tonight.
    Imagine if this was us. Trading away two good prospects, a 1st and a conditional 2nd and not making the SC. Would not be "still something". Especially how embarrassing they got knocked out being shutout for over 2 games. Kinda remind me of the Conference final in 2015 when we got shutout in the last two home games.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Imagine if this was us. Trading away two good prospects, a 1st and a conditional 2nd and not making the SC. Would not be "still something". Especially how embarrassing they got knocked out being shutout for over 2 games. Kinda remind me of the Conference final in 2015 when we got shutout in the last two home games.
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division rmc51's Avatar
    Good. Now we dont have to hear about south Rangers anymore this year.

Looks like even after putting up a PPG pace to finish the regular season with TB, JT Miller still found a way to play like garbage in the playoffs.

Must spread some rep
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

//reported Junior Division
    Karma. Lol
    LGR!

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Yes, very much so. Felt like we'd seen this movie before.
    Worse still they got physically manhandled as well as offensively stifled. If you're Tampa, you almost have to take a semi-rebuild pill like we did. The answer they paid for was not the answer.

What emerges for me is that defense and toughness still has a role in winning Conference and SC finals, and if your lineup is not willing to pay the full price of winning up and down, top to bottom, you might as well whistle Dixie, because someone with the equivalent talent level who wants it more is going to wrestle it out of your hands.

Our rebuild is just at the beginning, but as we go along, we have to make sure they folks we have in place by the time we contend are not wusses (I'm not talking about fighting; I'm saying its not enough to have oodles of skill/talent, you have to be wide awake all the time, confident, want it so bad, have resolve, determination, grit, and willingness to go far, far above and beyond to get the ultimate prize— those are qualities over and above skill that seem essential to me as we rebuild — it sounds almost as impossible to put that all together as winning a Stanley Cup, doesn't it).

If I am going to add a disclaimer it's that I have not seen enough of the Golden Knights to really know what they are made of, do they have an overwhelm of talent that makes what I just wrote irrelevant? (and/or do they have that level of grit and sacrifice already) Either way I guess we'll see?).
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 05-25-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: cost typo (cos)->because
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Yes, very much so. Felt like we'd seen this movie before.
    Worse still they got physically manhandled as well as offensively stifled. If you're Tampa, you almost have to take a semi-rebuild pill like we did. The answer they paid for was not the answer.

What emerges for me is that defense and toughness still has a role in winning Conference and SC finals, and if your lineup is not willing to pay the full price of winning up and down, top to bottom, you might as well whistle Dixie, cost someone with the equivalent talent level who wants it more is going to wrestle it out of your hands.

Our rebuild is just at the beginning, but as we go along, we have to make sure they folks we have in place by the time we contend are not wusses (I'm not talking about fighting, I'm saying its not enough to have oodles of skill/talent, you have to be wide awake all the time, confident, want it so bad, have resolve, determination, grit, and willingness to go far, far above and beyond to get the ultimate prize— those are qualities over and above skill that seem essential to me as we rebuild — it sounds almost as impossible to put that all together as winning a Stanley Cup, doesn't it).
    If I am going to add a disclaimer it's that I have not seen enough of the Golden Knights to really know what they are made of, do they have an overwhelm of talent that makes what I just wrote irrelevant. I guess we'll see?).
    Speed, talent, and a huge desire to win. Some of those guys definitely go to the dirty areas.
    LGR!

Whole third period was just giving me flashbacks of 2015. Down 2-0, and can't even generate any offense. the caps shut them DOWN. it was kind of karma in my eyes, they did it to us, and then it happened to them. And in 2015, the Rangers went for it then too, just like TB did this year.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast