• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

(2) With the 9th Overall Pick, the NYR should select...

josh

If available, the Rangers should take  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If available, the Rangers should take

• Andrei Svechnikov
    • Filip Zadina
    • Brady Tkachuk
    • Oliver Wahlstrom
    • Adam Boqvist
    • Evan Bouchard
    • Quinton Hughes
    • Trade up (Dahlin)
    • Trade Down
    • Other

Poll Series!

This is meant as a way to rank the Rangers potential moves at the draft. Essentially, this is establishing the Rangers "big board". If these players were still available when the Rangers go to make their draft pick, which prospect should they take?

If available, which player should the Rangers draft with the 9th overall pick

Not necessarily best player, or who is realistic - but who do you want, of the options listed, the Rangers to take with the 9th overall pick?

(This should go, #1 Dahlin, 2 Svech, etc etc)

1.) Rasmus Dahlin (47%)

2.)

Feel free to make suggestions of players to add for the next poll.

Truthfully I don't know enough about any of these prospects to make a true pick but I really liked how Zadina looked in the world jr's so he would be the guy I would want. He looks like a future star.

Whereas the first pick is easy, the second one is a lot tougher.

Svechnikov is #2 in most rankings but in reality it’s a a bit of a coin toss between him and Zadina imo.

Svechnikov plays a more powerful game but Zadina puts on an absolute snipe show.

Both incredible prospects. Zadina just shades it for me, he just seems like he’s a guaranteed goal scorer at any level.

The answer is, again, trade up for Dahlin if that is available.

You’d still have to be able to have the assets and the drafting team accept.

The option to trade up to one is available.

A poll to decide the forums preferred draft order is interesting.

Including an option to trade up for Dahlin is just bollocks.

It’s an option to “trade up”.

Dahlin is the only one selected so far, so he’d be the only one you can trade up for, at this point. As the poll series move on, we will begin to see more “trade up” picks when it comes to trading up for, say,Wahlstrom or taking guys that may be available at 9.

I keep voting whichever option has Dahlin involved too. Why don't you just have everyone post the top 9 players they would like to see the Rangers draft, then just average out the rankings?

This is collectively seeing the order we’d select players.

Bouchard, I guess, if he is available at 9,

not as interested in Dobson or Quinn who according to https://www.milehighhockey.com/2018/1/16/16881656/2018-draft-prospect-profile-barrett-hayton-scouting-report

would place around 9th,

so,

I might opt for a forward who's rising in some people's estimations, Barrett Hayton. Even though he's a center, I think our forward prospects badly need bolstering, with some top talent, especially if we put Chytil and Andersson to work soon.

Basically who are your top 10 picks in this coming draft—maybe we pick 9th maybe we trade up and pick 1st or 2nd or 3rd or ....

Just put up your prediction for the top 10 in the draft

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It was meant to be an "inside the war room" draft rankings

If the idea to to establish the BSBH draft rankings, then why don't you can it that instead of this "with the 9th pick"?

sure, if thats what's so confusing about it.

If the idea to to establish the BSBH draft rankings, then why don't you can it that instead of this "with the 9th pick"?

Yep, that might more representative, as we are alll reasonably certain, that we're not going to get a top 3 pick with a ninth selection. And some are clearly basing choices not on what's likely to be available at #9, but more on wishful thinking in the unlikely event a top picks falls to #9.

Yep, that might more representative, as we are alll reasonably certain, that we're not going to get a top 3 pick with a ninth selection. And some are clearly basing choices not on what's likely to be available at #9, but more on wishful thinking in the unlikely event a top picks falls to #9.

Yeah, it wasnt meant to be "we are picking 3rd overall"

More of a "We have no clue who is going where... let's establish our pecking order".

I'll look to rebrand into something like "Inside the Rangers war room: BSBH Big Board - Prospect Rankings"

I really wanted to include the "trade up" feature, though, as we will see that become popular around the 5th or 6th poll.

This whole series would just make WAY more sense if the question was:

If you had the 1st pick. Who do you pick?

If you had the 2nd pick. Who do you pick?

Trading up for Dahlin can't be an option if he's already been pick (which I assume was the point of the last poll).

Archived