• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jim Montgomery Set to be Hired as Next Dallas Stars Coach

Phil

The Dallas Stars will hire University of Denver coach Jim Montgomery as their new head coach.

An official announcement and introductory press conference are expected later this week according to both team and league sources.

Stars general manager Jim Nill planned to cast a wide net when searching for replacements for Ken Hitchcock and said from the onset that prior NHL coaching experience wouldn?t be a requirement. Nill had planned to be patient in the process, but the hiring timeline sped up after interviewing Montgomery and outside interest from the New York Rangers for his services.

Earlier this week, SBN College Hockey?s Chris Dilks was the first to report that Montgomery was emerging as a ?strong possibility? to be the next coach of the Stars.

https://theathletic.com/339572/2018/05/02/jim-montgomery-set-to-be-hired-as-next-dallas-stars-coach/

I assume the Rangers are telling candidates they won’t have a decision for, potentially, another month.

Plus, he has a few star players that will make him look good while he adjusts (no pun intended)

I mean, he might have been. Perhaps the Stars offered him more or were willing to table an offer right away.

Brooks said they didn't try to sweeten the deal when he was leaning toward Dallas. So, I'd guess if he was really their #1 they would have made an effort.

Archived