Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 133

Thread: Lias Andersson Suspended Four Games by IIHF

  1. #41
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,481
    Rep Power
    39
    What did Allen tweet when he was 14?

  2. #42
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,259
    Rep Power
    269
    He tweeted like NHL spokesperson Snoop Dogg talks in day to day conversation.

  3. #43
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,481
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He tweeted like NHL spokesperson Snoop Dogg talks in day to day conversation.
    Sounds like a stupid thing to make a big deal about.

  4. #44
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,259
    Rep Power
    269
    Yeah, well, any one that makes such a mis-step should be sent to the Gulag for 8 years of labour and re-education. It's possible he's unaware of his privilege so some atonement is needed to satisfy the prevailing ideologues. You know how it is.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    28
    Love that he did this and still do. How about don't give out silly runners up medals and ask the players to pretend this is the Olympics?

    The participation trophies/medals for things like this has to stop, especially when it's done right after the game. People ask the losing team to have respect for the winner, how about everyone else shows a little respect for the losing team by not asking them to take a junk trophy after a tough, emotional loss?

  6. #46
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,259
    Rep Power
    269
    Sure, I mean, character and integrity are almost already meaningless in today's society, we should just go ahead an scrap them all together.

    I'll be instructing my son to do exactly like Lias in every tournament this year, all the other parents are likely to judge his actions poorly, but I'll know in my heart it's not the emotional tantrum of a nine year old we're witnessing, but actually the beginnings of an astute uber-competitor possessing an ingrained sense of self entitlement that will surely serve him well in his future endeavors.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Sure, I mean, character and integrity are almost already meaningless in today's society, we should just go ahead an scrap them all together.

    I'll be instructing my son to do exactly like Lias in every tournament this year, all the other parents are likely to judge his actions poorly, but I'll know in my heart it's not the emotional tantrum of a nine year old we're witnessing, but actually the beginnings of an astute uber-competitor possessing an ingrained sense of self entitlement that will surely serve him well in his future endeavors.
    That's the spirit! Go Dad!

  8. #48
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,677
    Rep Power
    490
    Silver medals are participation trophies now?

    Not sure what to even say about that.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Sure, I mean, character and integrity are almost already meaningless in today's society, we should just go ahead an scrap them all together.

    I'll be instructing my son to do exactly like Lias in every tournament this year, all the other parents are likely to judge his actions poorly, but I'll know in my heart it's not the emotional tantrum of a nine year old we're witnessing, but actually the beginnings of an astute uber-competitor possessing an ingrained sense of self entitlement that will surely serve him well in his future endeavors.
    Nicely done.

  10. #50
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,686
    Rep Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Sure, I mean, character and integrity are almost already meaningless in today's society, we should just go ahead an scrap them all together.

    I'll be instructing my son to do exactly like Lias in every tournament this year, all the other parents are likely to judge his actions poorly, but I'll know in my heart it's not the emotional tantrum of a nine year old we're witnessing, but actually the beginnings of an astute uber-competitor possessing an ingrained sense of self entitlement that will surely serve him well in his future endeavors.
    It was a poor decision made in the heat of the moment. Is anyone denying that?

    My point is, who cares? He’s a kid. Kids do stupid shit. He got a talking to, even got the medal back. Let’s move on.

    It shouldn’t be seen as a positive nor a negative quality of the person. In fact this will be my last post on the subject because it’s insane for adults to be commenting on the actions of a kid.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 05-05-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    GORTON 2020

  11. #51
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,259
    Rep Power
    269
    I know, I'm on that boat, just making a point. It's not something that should be applauded.

  12. #52
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,677
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I know, I'm on that boat, just making a point. It's not something that should be applauded.
    Echoed .

  13. #53
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,903
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    And? Lias was 18. It's not like he beat up a cabbie or sexually violated someone, he through a medal into the crowd... I mean... Who cares?
    Knowing your history, what would your coach done at Bantams if you pulled that shit? Come on bro, you know we’re not killing him, we’re killing the incident. Throwing a medal in the stands doesn’t make him more of a competitor than any other player on the planet. Everyone wants to win, but not everyone is a cunt when they lose.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  14. #54
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,199
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Love that he did this and still do. How about don't give out silly runners up medals and ask the players to pretend this is the Olympics?

    The participation trophies/medals for things like this has to stop, especially when it's done right after the game. People ask the losing team to have respect for the winner, how about everyone else shows a little respect for the losing team by not asking them to take a junk trophy after a tough, emotional loss?
    Silver medal in anything is the award for second place. It's hardly a participation award. I despise participation type of awards, but silver and bronze are traditionally given out and IMO are nothing like participating bullshit awards we now see given to kids these days, that have to be equal to that of the winner.

    Not being mature enough to take the 2nd place trophy is childish and what has been termed for many many years as a "sore loser".

  15. #55
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Silver medal in anything is the award for second place. It's hardly a participation award. I despise participation type of awards, but silver and bronze are traditionally given out and IMO are nothing like participating bullshit awards we now see given to kids these days, that have to be equal to that of the winner.

    Not being mature enough to take the 2nd place trophy is childish and what has been termed for many many years as a "sore loser".
    Call it an award if you wish. Not everyone views it as such.

    I will never blame a player for not wanting to stand there and take some bogus runners up trophy right after competiting in a championship game. Blame the system, not the player. The audacity of people to call or brand someone a sore loser for this is insane IMO.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,199
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Call it an award if you wish. Not everyone views it as such.

    I will never blame a player for not wanting to stand there and take some bogus runners up trophy right after competiting in a championship game. Blame the system, not the player. The audacity of people to call or brand someone a sore loser for this is insane IMO.

  17. #57
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,259
    Rep Power
    269
    If you're not a sore loser for throwing a tantrum on International TV after losing a game, what would make you a sore loser? Hahahaha

    Not that being a sore loser is necessarily a problem.

    Blame the system that promotes a code of gentlemanly conduct after a sporting match? What should the code of conduct be? Children that can't emotionally deal with losing should be sent off the ice immediately in the event of a loss?

    10,000 participants came before Lias and managed to conduct themselves with some dignity, but now the system that puts a premium on not being a spoiled douchebag is the problem?

  18. #58
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,677
    Rep Power
    490
    I'm having a hard time understanding The Narrative. We need to toughen these kids up by not giving them participation trophies when they lose. Also, let's create a safe space where their feelings won't get hurt by having to watch the other team celebrate. Which one is it?

  19. #59
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,903
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    If you're not a sore loser for throwing a tantrum on International TV after losing a game, what would make you a sore loser? Hahahaha

    Not that being a sore loser is necessarily a problem.

    Blame the system that promotes a code of gentlemanly conduct after a sporting match? What should the code of conduct be? Children that can't emotionally deal with losing should be sent off the ice immediately in the event of a loss?

    10,000 participants came before Lias and managed to conduct themselves with some dignity, but now the system that puts a premium on not being a spoiled douchebag is the problem?
    Gotta spread it around
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  20. #60
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,903
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding The Narrative. We need to toughen these kids up by not giving them participation trophies when they lose. Also, let's create a safe space where their feelings won't get hurt by having to watch the other team celebrate. Which one is it?
    It’s not a participation trophy though. If it were, everyone would get one. The loser of the bronze medal game gets cock, as well as all the teams that didn’t get to the quarters.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •