Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lias Andersson Suspended Four Games by IIHF

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Regardless of suspension, hope he learned his lesson. That's not leadership, it's immaturity.
    Not sure if I agree with this 100%. A suspension doesn't make this immature (in fact, isn't giving the suspension to a guy who isn't going to serve it kinda ridiculous in its own right?), and from the looks of it, it wasn't just Andersson. Didn't he captain this team?
    Maybe his teammates thought it was leadership.
    Immature also? Yes.
    But I don't think that negates any of the possible positives from this and how his teammates reflected upon it.

Edit - I reread my post and I'm not sure what my point is, so by all means, disregard. I'm torn on the immaturity scale and where this event lies.
    Last edited by phillyb™; 05-03-2018 at 09:43 AM.
    LGR!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;926772]Not sure if I agree with this 100%. A suspension doesn't make this immature (in fact, isn't giving the suspension to a guy who isn't going to serve it kinda ridiculous in its own right?), and from the looks of it, it wasn't just Andersson. Didn't he captain this team?
    Maybe his teammates thought it was leadership.
    Immature also? Yes.
    But I don't think that negates any of the possible positives from this and how his teammates reflected upon it.

Edit - I reread my post and I'm not sure what my point is, so by all means, disregard. I'm torn on the immaturity scale and where this event lies.
    The suspension doesn't make me think anything other than what I thought when it happened. Teenager acting like a disappointed teenager.

He'll learn to handle disappointment as he matures.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    I didnt find a single swede or american that was 97. Not any one of the top goalies or top scorers either. Alex Nunn (the guy posting all the gifs from the tournaments on twitter) also said that Lias is not eligable for next year, but I dont know. He would not play either way.
    No, the US had none, but Canada had a couple, and 1/2 of the Swedes were 97’s. U20, birthyear, it’s simple math. If he’s not eligible for other reasons, then whatever ... But it’s not his age.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    No, the US had none, but Canada had a couple, and 1/2 of the Swedes were 97’s. U20, birthyear, it’s simple math. If he’s not eligible for other reasons, then whatever ... But it’s not his age.
    Your math is off dude. This past year was the 2018 WJC, the oldest players were 98's. Rosters, not a single 97 in the tourney. Some did turn 20 before the tourney ended. Next year's tourney, although it starts in December 2018, is the 2019 WJC. Andersson, as a 98, is too old.

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    https://nypost.com/2018/05/02/ranger...thout-a-fight/

Lias Andersson, who has aged out of the World Junior Tournament and is thus ineligible to play in next year’s event, has nevertheless been suspended for the first four games of next year’s World Juniors by the IIHF because of his actions at last year’s medal ceremony.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Your math is off dude. This past year was the 2018 WJC, the oldest players were 98's. Rosters, not a single 97 in the tourney. Some did turn 20 before the tourney ended. Next year's tourney, although it starts in December 2018, is the 2019 WJC. Andersson, as a 98, is too old.
    My math isn’t fucked up, I’m fucked up. Completely blocked out what year we’re in. I’m in season mode, not year mode. What an absent minded fuck. Yet I can remember a ppg from 3 years ago.
    #CTE?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Such a joke. Andersson and Boqvist who both aged out of the world juniors have had their suspensions chance to the 2019 World Championship. Dahlin's suspension is still for the WJC, but he won't play in the WJC because he'll be playing in Buffalo, and when Buffalo fails to make the playoffs Dahlin will play in the World Championship with no suspension.

Oh, and Sweden also gave our immature, disappointed teenager an A for this year's tournament...

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Again, I'm with Pete, it's total immaturity. I can't even fathom what would have happened to me if I did such a thing. It's totally disrespectful.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Again, I'm with Pete, it's total immaturity. I can't even fathom what would have happened to me if I did such a thing. It's totally disrespectful.
    He got it out of his system. Luckily, it was when he was 17. Like the fire and passion it shows, just the wrong way of showing it.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I feel like we're over analyzing a dumb decision made by a child. Similar to Josh Allen's tweets when he was 14, who cares? Is he good at hockey? That's all that matters right now.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I feel like we're over analyzing a dumb decision made by a child. Similar to Josh Allen's tweets when he was 14, who cares? Is he good at hockey? That's all that matters right now.
    But Allen was 14, and not on a stage.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    But Allen was 14, and not on a stage.
    And? Lias was 18. It's not like he beat up a cabbie or sexually violated someone, he through a medal into the crowd... I mean... Who cares?
    GORTON 2020

Allen is taking a ton of shit, up here, for his tweets. I hear more about his tweets than Trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Allen is taking a ton of shit, up here, for his tweets. I hear more about his tweets than Trumps.
    Which is absurd, which is my point. All kids make mistakes.
    GORTON 2020

The mistake is that people are forced to wear a participation trophy around their neck for the duration of the closing ceremony, and post-game mixed zone and media conference procedures. And if they dare to take the participation trophy off its suspendable? Shake hands and go to the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    The mistake is that people are forced to wear a participation trophy around their neck for the duration of the closing ceremony, and post-game mixed zone and media conference procedures. And if they dare to take the participation trophy off its suspendable? Shake hands and go to the locker room.
    This starts when you are a kid. Following tourney games, friendlys etc. I remember standing through plenty of awards/trophy/medal ceremonies after a tourney, or league championship, when we didnt win - and its more common outside the US (or, was, when I was playing). It sucks, but its not like this entire thing was new to any of them.
    It's the same thing after a playoff series loss and you have to shake hands with the team that just beat on you for 4-7 games. It's not fun, but its part of sportsmanship.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    And it's showing respect for your opponent, who just beat you.

You hate to lose, then win next time.

Handshake line is showing respect. Being forced to wear the medal until the media is done with you is pointless.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    It doesn't even matter. Whether or not his behavior broke a rule, it was childish.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Childish for sure, he'll hopefully learn from it. Gold, silver and bronze here is hardly the equivalent of participation medals comparing them to Olympic medals is more accurate for the huge international best of the best tournaments.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast