Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lias Andersson Suspended Four Games by IIHF

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Probably just couldn't throw that far from the middle of the big ice surface...
    Bet she could if she was a real leader and had more fire in her belly.

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    7 pages about a medal, I retreat. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Lias will be a good Ranger for a long time. I even think he will have the C sometime. And hopefully throws a Stanley cup or two into the stands

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Then the rule is stupid.

What if he was so upset and dissapointed in himself that he didnt feel he deserved a medal for it? U paint as if he stood there like a 5 year old crying and threw away his veggies.

I hope he never "learns" from this. I dont want a team full of McDonagh's and Staal's who seem like they think its alright to lose. I want Andersson's and Lundqvist's who hates to lose and gets mad, dissapointed and angry when losing. "2nd place is the first loser".
    Well hopefully lias doesn’t become as proficient as hank at losing.

It’s called sportsmanship. To tolerate his behavior would be the end of sports if it manifested into common place. He made a mistake move on. However he acted like an immature child. To not see that and condone or excuse it as a positive is probably a generational thing. It’s also why this country and world is screwed.

Yeah, the world is screwed because some people thinks it fine to throw away a silver medal. Hit the head on the nail there.

Your country is screwed because of yourself, Im living fine here in Norway

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Well hopefully lias doesn’t become as proficient as hank at losing.
    1) Hank is not proficient at losing.
    B) I bet he'd trade his career (international championships, Vezina trophy, numerous records) with Antti Niemi if it meant winning a cup.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Lias Andersson Suspended Four Games by IIHF

Hate to lose? Work even harder at becoming a better player and win next time. That proves to me that you hate to lose...doing anything to win. With that said, he’s a kid, he’ll learn
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'm 44, a father of 2 great kids.. Have made a fairly decent career for myself. We'd have 275 pages dissecting the dumb shit I did as an 18 year old... I was equal parts child/idiot/asshole... I got better (somewhat).

Has it been considered the kid might have actually learned from this and it may be beneficial in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Yeah, the world is screwed because some people thinks it fine to throw away a silver medal. Hit the head on the nail there.

Your country is screwed because of yourself, Im living fine here in Norway
    I have less of an issue with lias in the heat of the moment making a mistake, then I do with excuses or finding positives out of a selfish immature response 5 months later. Throwing away a silver medal is not the point. Having humility, respect for yourself, the country you are representing and your opponent is. When you act like a jerk when you loose, how do you act when you win? That was an international competition which is supposed to be all about sportsmanship. The handshake at the end of those games or a playoff round is supposed to be all about being gracious and respect. The medal ceremony is an extension of that. Losing with grace is as important if not more so then winning with it. I wouldn’t want my kids to act like that and believe me they would corrected immediate. That said he’s a kid, he made a mistake, hopefully he learned a lesson. Obviously those defending it or even saying it was a good thing learned nothing. That’s unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I have less of an issue with lias in the heat of the moment making a mistake, then I do with excuses or finding positives out of a selfish immature response 5 months later. Throwing away a silver medal is not the point. Having humility, respect for yourself, the country you are representing and your opponent is. When you act like a jerk when you loose, how do you act when you win? That was an international competition which is supposed to be all about sportsmanship. The handshake at the end of those games or a playoff round is supposed to be all about being gracious and respect. The medal ceremony is an extension of that. Losing with grace is as important if not more so then winning with it. I wouldn’t want my kids to act like that and believe me they would corrected immediate. That said he’s a kid, he made a mistake, hopefully he learned a lesson. Obviously those defending it or even saying it was a good thing learned nothing. That’s unfortunate
    We see the situation completely different, so there is no need to discuss this any longer.

Im sure lias has a lot of respect to his team and opponents, but he didnt want the silver medal. Again, you read way to much into the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    I'm 44, a father of 2 great kids.. Have made a fairly decent career for myself. We'd have 275 pages dissecting the dumb shit I did as an 18 year old... I was equal parts child/idiot/asshole... I got better (somewhat).

Has it been considered the kid might have actually learned from this and it may be beneficial in the long run?
    Totally has. I don't think anyone is holding it against him. I'm certainly not. Just acknowledging that it was dumb and childish, not the mark of a leader. Others disagree.

Now, this isn't to say that he's not a leader, but people who think he is one because he did this, I think are mistaken.

This

Many moons ago I played on the losing side of the NY State Championship final.
    Not only did we lose, we lost in the worst possible manner. We scored a perfectly good winning goal that was wrongly judged to be after the horn in the 3rd period and went on to lose in overtime.
    We were then made to stay on the ice, receive our consolation prize and then applaud the opposition as they received the trophy.
    Did enjoy it? No, it was shit. But we stood there, heads held high because our coach and the program valued sportsmanship. Anyone pulling something like Lias did would have great difficulties making that program the following year.

I don’t know what the moral of the story is. This discussion just reminds me of standing on the ice having to bite my lip. And having been taught that was the right thing to do even though all I wanted was to tell everyone involved in that shambles to fuck right off.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 05-09-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567