Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Case for Taking on Bobby Ryan's Contract

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    This team is already super young. I'm not sure why they need to get that much younger. The expectation of icing a team of 22 year olds is unrealistic. Zucc will be their oldest forward at 30. And most people don't want to dump him (I don't care). They're stuck with Staal. Who are these old players they need to get rid of?

I would definitely move on from Hayes and Vesey and Names, but that's only if they can get Tavares. If they can't, you bridge all them and you lower expectations and your chances. Ensuring another year with a good draft pick.
    Dude-man, I'm just referring to a 2-3 year plan in which players like Staal and Hank, as well will be in or closer to their end of contract dates. I was thinking along the lines of a 2-3 year rebuild. It coincides well with getting close to the end of those guys deals. Hank's deal is a killer and even though I love the guy to death, that 10M tag is a huge obstacle which will only become more of an issue as we move forward, I think. Hank's best years may very well be behind him very soon.

Staal on the other hand, I was never a fan of....BUT I will say this: He was better under Torts than under this last hunk of shit we had back there. AV gave the defense NO support, and if they couldn't weave a pass through 2 forcheckers with a guy in their face, they were up shit's creek.

I wanna see Staal this season with real system of puck support before I evaluate him again

Senior Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Dude-man, I'm just referring to a 2-3 year plan in which players like Staal and Hank, as well will be in or closer to their end of contract dates. I was thinking along the lines of a 2-3 year rebuild. It coincides well with getting close to the end of those guys deals. Hank's deal is a killer and even though I love the guy to death, that 10M tag is a huge obstacle which will only become more of an issue as we move forward, I think. Hank's best years may very well be behind him very soon.

Staal on the other hand, I was never a fan of....BUT I will say this: He was better under Torts than under this last hunk of shit we had back there. AV gave the defense NO support, and if they couldn't weave a pass through 2 forcheckers with a guy in their face, they were up shit's creek.

I wanna see Staal this season with real system of puck support before I evaluate him again
    All this.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123