• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mike Francesa Returning to WFAN

Vodka Drunkenski

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://nypost.com/2018/04/25/wfan-morning-show-unloads-on-mike-francesa-return/

Francesa went above the station’s head, to its parent company, Entercom, and its president, David Field, according to The Post’s Andrew Marchand, to pull the strings on his return.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/24/mike-francesas-crawl-back-to-wfan-is-fun-heated-and-doomed/

There is barely anyone in the FAN’s offices who wanted Francesa to return. This was done at a corporate level.

The vice president of his station, Mark Chernoff, did not want Francesa back, according to sources.

Finally some karma for Chernoff. Serves him right for killing the classic rock format on WPLJ

When was WPLJ classic rock? Before Q104.3, 102.7 WNEW use to be the classic rock station. By the way what happened to CBSFM 101.1? That was always the "oldies" station but last week they played Baby's Got Back. Is that considered "oldies" these days? I know theyve been playing Pearl Jam/Nirvana for a few years but to hear a rap song was kind of mind boggling.

When was WPLJ classic rock? Before Q104.3, 102.7 WNEW use to be the classic rock station. By the way what happened to CBSFM 101.1? That was always the "oldies" station but last week they played Baby's Got Back. Is that considered "oldies" these days? I know theyve been playing Pearl Jam/Nirvana for a few years but to hear a rap song was kind of mind boggling.

I think it's the same as the classic rock stations basically becoming 80s stations now. Time moves forward.

Most happy about this: FAN shareholders that saw ratings and advertising dollars plummet after he left. Love him or hate him, he brought in listeners/advertisers and in turn $$$. Hence Chernoff wasn't involved in the decision, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the new owners (the same ones that wouldn't pay him in the first place) approached him hat in hand asking if he'd consider coming back.....

Most happy about this: FAN shareholders that saw ratings and advertising dollars plummet after he left. Love him or hate him, he brought in listeners/advertisers and in turn $$$. Hence Chernoff wasn't involved in the decision, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the new owners (the same ones that wouldn't pay him in the first place) approached him hat in hand asking if he'd consider coming back.....
I doubt that, since he took a severe pay cut.