• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mike Francesa Returning to WFAN

Vodka Drunkenski

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m the same way, I can only take bits and pieces of him. I listened to his opening yesterday just to see what he was going to say about his return, switched back to espn about 15 minutes later

Listened as much as I could yesterday which was the opening, and then bits and pieces the rest of the day until I left the office. Im back to my regular routine now, when he comes on I turn it off, unless I know he will have Pierre Maguire or Joe Micheletti on which we know wont happen since the Rangers are not playing. Its been a nice April not having to listen to him to wait to transcribe an interview.

• 3 weeks later...
Listened as much as I could yesterday which was the opening, and then bits and pieces the rest of the day until I left the office. Im back to my regular routine now, when he comes on I turn it off, unless I know he will have Pierre Maguire or Joe Micheletti on which we know wont happen since the Rangers are not playing. Its been a nice April not having to listen to him to wait to transcribe an interview.

The Michael Kay Show is awesome. I can?t even stand the sound of Francesca?s voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate him or love him , he knows how to keep listeners coming back

The kind of sycophant blow-hard listeners he attracts I'm not sure I want to listen anymore. He was better as a duo earlier in his career until his ego increasingly swallowed the microphone. Can't listen to him anymore.

The Michael Kay Show is awesome. I can’t even stand the sound of Francesca’s voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo!

I like his voice even less than the recorded sound of my own (which sometimes has to happen in recorded interviews) I hate it, and that's saying somethine.

That broad on the afternoon show is fuckin brutal. It?s so obvious that some women get hired just because they?re women. She has a face for radio too, ooof.

No shit. How do they let a woman with the most annoying voice I've ever heard, on the radio. She makes Susan Waldman sound like Pavarotti!

• 1 year later...

Mike Francesa Leaving WFAN

HALLELUJAH!!!! Hopefully he doesnt come back again.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mike-francesa-leave-wfan-radio-192744597.html

Mike Francesa’s return to the WFAN airwaves appears to be short-lived.

The popular New York City sports radio host told Newsday he plans to step away from his weekday afternoon show in December.

Mike Francesa will continue to be part of WFAN, and will soon also have an expanded role on Radio.com,” said Susan Larkin, regional president of WFAN owner Entercom. “While we are still finalizing details, this is an exciting move to bring more of Mike’s iconic sports talk content to fans across broadcast and digital in new, engaging ways wherever and however loyal sports fans want it. Stay tuned as we will be sharing more details in the weeks to come.”

It’s funny. I never minded the guy. Is he a douche? Yeah. However, people will sit on hold for 2 hours just to say so for 5 seconds of air time. He’s still an institution to me and talk radio in NY is less interesting without him. Just my opinion.

I caught the first show of Mike and the Mad Dog and recall their first steps toward what became a phenomenal success. My dad and I were legit antique car restorers and were able to listen to the radio all day, every day. (880 News was a favorite too.) The earliest days of these guys were great. Mike always had a command of football talk and it became quite apparent that he liked his association with Parcells. Baseball came next and basketball followed due to Chris? interest in the sport. I enjoyed his ?horse talk? when Saratoga opened every year and managed to learn a bit too. (See what I did there?) But as time rolled by and success and fame grew, Mike?s head grew too. He became an authority and dismissive of others completely forgetting that without those people waiting on hold for hours, your interactive show would not connect with people and therefor not amplify the success. It didn?t take too many years for Mike to become a self-fulfilling pundit and crown himself king.

Hey, it was novel and fun and filled a void for many years. Time to be shot into the sun for good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...