Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mike Francesa Returning to WFAN

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Thank you guys!

5 UUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH's in the first minute.
    Last edited by Parsley; 05-02-2018 at 09:19 AM.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    I'm honestly not trying to troll anyone, but what is it people find entertaining or endearing about this guy? I don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Mike Francesa Returning to WFAN

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I'm honestly not trying to troll anyone, but what is it people find entertaining or endearing about this guy? I don't get it.

The fact he thinks he’s a god and national treasure makes his voice on air intriguing. I love hearing his opinions (which he believes are 100% gospel). Especially with big events like the OBJ meltdowns or NY teams failures.

I’ll say to myself, “can’t wait to hear what FATCESSA says tomorrow”

He knows how to draw a crowd. I can only handle him for short periods of time (opening monologue for example). Not hours on end.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I’m the same way, I can only take bits and pieces of him. I listened to his opening yesterday just to see what he was going to say about his return, switched back to espn about 15 minutes later
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I’m the same way, I can only take bits and pieces of him. I listened to his opening yesterday just to see what he was going to say about his return, switched back to espn about 15 minutes later
    Yeah, openings are usually great. The other stuff (bashing callers, jerking off the Yankees, get tiring).

Same goes for the other radio guys. First 10 minutes are usually good, then it gets dull.
    His interview with Eli was good too.

I like Kay’s show because there’s a lot of banter included, that’s why I loved Carton. Boomers show isn’t the same anymore
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

It ain’t any better down here near Philly. Most radio shows are garbage. I’ll listen in when Philly teams tank though. Had a lot of years of enjoyment when the Eagles sucked, sadly that’s over now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

His show has the most unintentional comedy of anything I've ever listened to. Also over the years the prank callers have gotten so nuanced and they play him like a puppet to get their punchlines out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9C8HuwTC7Y

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

//reported Junior Division
    I miss commuting simply for listening to sports radio. Fuck.
    LGR!

Falling asleep will be the all time best

http://youtu.be/aAONQyJWC-8

Then he does it again

http://youtu.be/Euh8kkU0d1c

O&A did a bit on all the prank calls on him sleeping showing how much a douche he is

https://youtu.be/QxPzrIdVxgw
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Listened as much as I could yesterday which was the opening, and then bits and pieces the rest of the day until I left the office. Im back to my regular routine now, when he comes on I turn it off, unless I know he will have Pierre Maguire or Joe Micheletti on which we know wont happen since the Rangers are not playing. Its been a nice April not having to listen to him to wait to transcribe an interview.

Come get some! Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Listened as much as I could yesterday which was the opening, and then bits and pieces the rest of the day until I left the office. Im back to my regular routine now, when he comes on I turn it off, unless I know he will have Pierre Maguire or Joe Micheletti on which we know wont happen since the Rangers are not playing. Its been a nice April not having to listen to him to wait to transcribe an interview.
    The Michael Kay Show is awesome. I can’t even stand the sound of Francesca’s voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honor, Tradition, Respect... This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER!

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    Hate him or love him , he knows how to keep listeners coming back
    The kind of sycophant blow-hard listeners he attracts I'm not sure I want to listen anymore. He was better as a duo earlier in his career until his ego increasingly swallowed the microphone. Can't listen to him anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizz View Post
    The Michael Kay Show is awesome. I can’t even stand the sound of Francesca’s voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bingo!

I like his voice even less than the recorded sound of my own (which sometimes has to happen in recorded interviews) I hate it, and that's saying somethine.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 05-26-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    I haven't gone back to listening to Fatso
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division thes5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That broad on the afternoon show is fuckin brutal. It’s so obvious that some women get hired just because they’re women. She has a face for radio too, ooof.
    No shit. How do they let a woman with the most annoying voice I've ever heard, on the radio. She makes Susan Waldman sound like Pavarotti!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123