• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bill Peters Resigns as Coach of Hurricanes

Kevin

Poorly kept secret. Supposedly, the candidate field may be slim given the way the GM situation has been handled in Carolina. No stability and unhinged owner who wants input on all important hockey decisions . The Rangers is the plum job. The line out the door should already be double digits.

Too bad, I like his resume better than all the others.

His resume reads “Loser”.

Even Carolina fans are glad he’s gone. Much of his issues are similar to those of AV - lack of adjustment, line jumbling, playing vets, playing 4th liners, employing a system that works in 1 specific situation, lack of focus on individual progression, etc

LOL. I think he over achieved with that roster. Won a WHL championship, essentially, he's a lunch pail guy, with balls.

He's from Three Hills, too. Only good people there.

Looking at the guys he’s had is like a list of “top valuable prospects” on NHL video game that never turned into shit. And this is way too common to be a coincidence.

What he had in Carolina is exactly what fans want in NY. If he couldn’t do it there, why would you think he could do more here?

I don't understand the thought process behind blaming coaches for busts. I'd blame a) the player and b) whoever bought in to the player when the pick was made.

Lindholm is a bust for that slot (heyyyy Lias) and Hanifin is a D-Man who people thought was Bobby Orr based on a college season where they play less than my nine year old house leaguer.

I don't see how that's Peters fault.

We'll see how Calgary does, but as I mentioned, he's won in the past, with kids even, and he's taken the long route which I have respect for. The trouble with guys like Peters is they always inherit shitty situations in shitty markets with severely flawed rosters.

I don't understand the thought process behind blaming coaches for busts. I'd blame a) the player and b) whoever bought in to the player when the pick was made.

Lindholm is a bust for that slot (heyyyy Lias) and Hanifin is a D-Man who people thought was Bobby Orr based on a college season where they play less than my nine year old house leaguer.

We'll see how Calgary does, but as I mentioned, he's won in the past, with kids even, and he's taken the long route which I have respect for. The trouble with guys like Peters is they always inherit shitty situations in shitty markets with severely flawed rosters.

So the organization gets no blame or credit for player development?

Either the player was lazy or stupid ... Or the scout was? Coaching at lower levels has nothing to do with it?

Jamie Lundmark was a 1st line offensive player in the AHL and in the NHL he was asked to be a 3rd line penalty killer. Now he might have busted or never been that good...but either way that type of shit is just stupid. And that's coaching.

Because it helps my stance on disliking him.

Either the player was lazy or stupid ... Or the scout was? Coaching at lower levels has nothing to do with it?

Jamie Lundmark was a 1st line offensive player in the AHL and in the NHL he was asked to be a 3rd line penalty killer. Now he might have busted or never been that good...but either way that type of shit is just stupid. And that's coaching.

I think it’s the coaches job to put players in position where they can be their best in a way that is the most beneficial to the team’s overall success.

Based on what I’ve been reading from Carolina fans, Peters didn’t do this.

No, it's Jamie Lundmark not being good enough to play that role in the NHL. That's why he washed out, that's why he played in Italy or Austria or wherever. You think it's the coach? He was forces on the coach by a FO that drafted him and the coach recognized he was garbage, as did his subsequent coaches.

I think it’s the coaches job to put players in position where they can be their best in a way that is the most beneficial to the team’s overall success.

Based on what I’ve been reading from Carolina fans, Peters didn’t do this.

Fair enough, but had the FO acquired Taylor Hall for Justin Faulk, Bill Peters would be a genius.

No, it's Jamie Lundmark not being good enough to play that role in the NHL. That's why he washed out, that's why he played in Italy or Austria or wherever. You think it's the coach? He was forces on the coach by a FO that drafted him and the coach recognized he was garbage, as did his subsequent coaches.
Yes it's the players fault that as an offensive player he was not "good enough" to be a checker. Not the coaches fault for not putting him in an offensive role. Makes total sense.

Subsequent coach has no bearing. The damage was already done.

It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with people who can't separate instances. If you're going to apply one blanket of logic to every thought you have then there's no point even talking to you.

The annoying part is that you're smarter than that, you just purposefully dumb down your argument to make whatever point you want to prove.

Why don't you just coach CHL teams for a living, if coaches aren't responsible for developing players.

Archived