• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good enough signing. A bit overpayment. Fills a hole. This team is going to be a hole.... more like a stinky asshole this season so whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If the OL plays well, then I see plenty of pieces in place to have success offensively. Fully expect this defense to get lit up for like 30+ a game though.

You do realize this is a very common thing in the NFL, right? Plenty of players have even held out for a new contract when they were still under contract. Its not just him that acts like this, and this is something people don't see. Most of the players in the NFL are egomaniacs and narcissists, thats the culture of the league.
Not all of them alter team Dynamics to the level he has. Talk about fans... I know someone with a locker room connect. They're all fine with this.

• 1 month later...

Looks like OBJ couldn?t control himself on Twitter last night. Making Gettleman and Mara look better with each embarrassing tweet he put out.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/22/odell-beckham-seemingly-rips-new-york-giants-dave-gettleman-comments/amp/

Elite talent, elite egomaniac. Bad combination.

• Like 1

Looks like OBJ couldn’t control himself on Twitter last night. Making Gettleman and Mara look better with each embarrassing tweet he put out.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/22/odell-beckham-seemingly-rips-new-york-giants-dave-gettleman-comments/amp/

Elite talent, elite egomaniac. Bad combination.

Doesn't it feel so good that he isn't our problem anymore? Cleveland is loaded with talent but it's a highly combustible situation. If it works out for them it will be special to watch. If it doesn't though it will set Cleveland back many years.

I hope DG and the Giants don't bend to the QB pressure if it's not there. I'm not a fan of Haskins, especially at 6, and I've read some mocks lately that have Jones at 6. What a terrible move it would be to pass up on a top end defensive prospect when we need that so badly. If they want to take a QB at 17 I'm cool with that. Jones or Lock would be fine. I'm also fine with a 2nd for Rosen if the Cards do take Murray. I think what is likely to happen is:

6) Defense

17) QB - Jones or Lock

37) OT or traded up to get back in the 1st for an OT

The rest will be defense and probably a WR with size.

I heard on the fan this morning that Haskins dropped and might be available at 17, I’m fine with taking him there than at 6

The only QB I'd roll the dice on at 6 is Murray. High risk with his size and all, but very high reward. Don't buy this chatter that the Cards aren't taking him #1 though.

Anything but D at 6 (perhaps OL) and I’ll lose it. 17 is tough. I still want D or Haskins perhaps although I bet he goes 8-14ish.

I’d still trade for Rosen, 2nd rounders in 19’ and 20’

I'm also fine if they don't do anything with QB until next year.

I did see one interesting mock draft that had them go:

6. Oliver DT

17. Jonah Williams OT

31. Will Grier QB (trade to move from 37 to 31 in front of the Pats to take him - 2nd and 4th or something like that it was)

I wouldn't be upset with this outcome tbh.

Anything but D at 6 (perhaps OL) and I’ll lose it. 17 is tough. I still want D or Haskins perhaps although I bet he goes 8-14ish.

I’d still trade for Rosen, 2nd rounders in 19’ and 20’

Agree completely. I'd love Rosen for a 2nd and keep 6 and 17. I can live with a qb at 17 but I'd rather not. 6? No way.

Can’t remember the last time I felt like......THIS as a Giants fan.

Yep, same here. This was once a proud defensive team that was tough to play against. Now I don’t even think they would beat a high school team. This team was drained of its talent and never fixed. I really have no desire to watch this team this season.