• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad? Why?

Eli was incredibly durable. He handled playing in NY well. He seems to be handling his current situation well. Not his fault he was a little over blown by some. He wasn't exactly along for the ride on those 2 superbowls like Trent Dilfer or Jim McMahon. He was near perfect and a 2 time superbowl MVP.

A lot of teams would take that right now. The entire career.

Its sad because the end of his career was wasted with mediocrity all around him. I'm not knocking Eli, I've always been one to defend him. Relax.

lol

I wasn't disputing that. I'm one of those fans that actually agrees with the idea that he's an overall average QB (Even though numbers wise he's top 10 in some categories) The point I was trying to make was that he still managed to deliver two championships. Which is ultimately what playing the game is about isn't it? You said it yourself, numbers wise Richter and Osgood were average goalies. But what do you think fans think of most when they hear those names? Their stats or what they accomplished?

I think I'm just in the minority when it comes to how I view a successful career. :)

Oh and before it happens, stfu Mike. I don't want to hear what you have to say. We spoke about this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkGf9HlddA7G36qyYpxwxcZKd1-CzWkBoSnLgtaZJXOVX4J2CB

Solid, not great, performance by Jones. Great performance by the Giants defense. And before we point at the Skins being a terrible team, their offense wasn't doing that bad. They had put up 27 on the Eagles and 21 on the Cowboys, so holding them to 3 is still such a big improvement for this defense.

I am very concerned about Connelly being gone with the ACL tear. Ever since he stepped in for Ogletree in the 2nd half of the Tampa game, the team has given up 6 points. Coincidence? Who knows...but he had 2 ints and a sack in that limited time, and looked like a legitimately good LB. Tough loss.

• 3 weeks later...
Pat Shurmur is garbage. Fire ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The entire coaching staff and front office should all be fired. This team is garbage. Worst in the league in turnovers. The offensive line is terrible, the kid is getting his ass kicked back there. This proves Manning wasn’t the issue.

Don't know about him beeing worse than McAdoo, but as a Vikings Fan watching his playcalling in 2017, I kept thinking that he was a bit overrated after that season, he caught lightning in a bottle with Case Keenum going on a magical run.

I remember being bewildered by his playcalls in almost every week, especially late in games with a lead. But Case and the Defense bailed him out again and again, until the Playoffs.

Then it needed a Miracle to win at home, with a double-digit lead at halftime and the less said about the Philly game, the better.

Don't know about him being worse than McAdoo, but as a Vikings Fan watching his playcalling in 2017, I kept thinking that he was a bit overrated after that season, he caught lightning in a bottle with Case Keenum going on a magical run.

I remember being bewildered by his play calls in almost every week, especially late in games with a lead. But Case and the Defense bailed him out again and again, until the Playoffs.

Then it needed a Miracle to win at home, with a double-digit lead at halftime and the less said about the Philly game, the better.

I remember that NFC championship game. It was over by halftime when Foles threw that touchdown to Alshon Jeffery with 1:09 left in the Second Quarter. You're right about Shurmur's terrible playcalling. Giants fans saw his godawful playcalling Yesterday.

-Draw on 3rd & 18

-Go for it on 4th & 15

What is Shurmur Doing? He needs to go by the end of the Season. Our performance on both sides of the ball did not help.

Players ?like him? probably because he?s a softie. I bet he is a good hugger and back patter to all the players he coached that under achieved. The guy is not made for NYC. Very few are. Ask the Mets and Jets specifically. Bad coaches, bad management, pathetic franchises.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

@AdamSchefter

Trade: Jets traded Leonard Williams to Giants for a 3 this year and a 5 in 2021, per source.

@DDugan21

Leonard Williams' base salary will count $7.5M against the cap for the rest of this season. The Giants have $1.8M in cap space, according to the NFLPA. So another shoe(s) obviously has to drop.

@AdamSchefter

With #Jets DL Leonard Williams headed to the #Giants, both teams are hoping for more. NYJ continues to shop WR Robby Anderson, while NYG has shopped and is open to dealing Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree and maybe Nate Solder.

Solder has not been worth his contract, but it makes me wonder who they replace him with.

@AdamSchefter

Solder has not been worth his contract, but it makes me wonder who they replace him with.

I'd be surprised if they actually can trade him. Maybe CLE or something gives you a late-rounder, but he's got a high price tag AND two more years.

I'd be surprised if they actually can trade him. Maybe CLE or something gives you a late-rounder, but he's got a high price tag AND two more years.

Solder becomes dead cap after this season, imo. Whichever team takes him almost assuredly cuts him and creates around 6.5m in cap space.