• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im more afraid that his confidence will be shot playing behind this group. The offensive line can't protect him, and his only offensive weapon is Barkley. His receivers drop too many catchable balls. IMO, don't rush him in just to play him. He needs some talent before being thrown to the wolves.

Ironically, the OL has been fine and is probably their strongest part of the team. It's everything else, save Barkley, that has been a disaster.

I agree though. You won't see Jones until Eli has had a few weeks with a full receiving core (Tate and Shephard both in).

Had to be done, not because it’s Eli’s fault but you have to give Jones a chance to grow with a somewhat good offense, throwing him in with a terrible offense would be a move backwards.

They did the total opposite of this. The only offensive weapon he has is Barkley. He has no one at WR, and his offensive line isn't doing much out there. I hope he plays well, but Im more concerned with this setting him backwards in his development in killing his confidence.

They did the total opposite of this. The only offensive weapon he has is Barkley. He has no one at WR, and his offensive line isn't doing much out there. I hope he plays well, but Im more concerned with this setting him backwards in his development in killing his confidence.

Agreed. Wait until after NE...10 days to prepare for Arizona and you avoid both NE and Minny the week before.

You haven't watched much then because the offensive line is top 10. Shepard should be back this week, Engram is a hybrid TR/WR and Tate is due back in a couple of weeks. Give the ball more to Barkley to lighten the load for couple of weeks.

Agreed. Wait until after NE...10 days to prepare for Arizona and you avoid both NE and Minny the week before.

You're a Cowboys fan, didn't someone tell you to get out already!?!?

You haven't watched much then because the offensive line is top 10. Shepard should be back this week, Engram is a hybrid TR/WR and Tate is due back in a couple of weeks. Give the ball more to Barkley to lighten the load for couple of weeks.

You're a Cowboys fan, didn't someone tell you to get out already!?!?

I’ve watched both games, and I’ve seen the offensive line taking horrible penalties, and I’ve seen Eli get smashed numerous times. Where are you getting that their offensive line is too 10? They are terrible and have been terrible the past couple of years. Engram is a good TE, but he is also injury prone. Tate is at the tale end of his career and hasn’t done anything the past couple of years. Shepard is good, but he is a hot and cold player. Both Shepard and Tate would be fine if we had a bonefide number 1 and 2 WR, both are number 3 WR at best. Teams know that Barkley is getting the ball because he is their only offensive threat, so there is only so much he can take as well.

I?ve watched both games, and I?ve seen the offensive line taking horrible penalties, and I?ve seen Eli get smashed numerous times. Where are you getting that their offensive line is too 10? They are terrible and have been terrible the past couple of years. Engram is a good TE, but he is also injury prone. Tate is at the tale end of his career and hasn?t done anything the past couple of years. Shepard is good, but he is a hot and cold player. Both Shepard and Tate would be fine if we had a bonefide number 1 and 2 WR, both are number 3 WR at best. Teams know that Barkley is getting the ball because he is their only offensive threat, so there is only so much he can take as well.

Horrible penalties? The have two holds against them. Two false starts against them. Eli has only been sacked twice. This isn?t the offensive line of years past. Maybe you?re confusing them with the defensive line because that line is terrible

The reality of that is so sad. Outside of those two playoff runs and one or two regular seasons he really was as mediocre as it gets.

There was a tweet somewhere that I can't find...

Basically it said that the only difference between Eli and Joe Flacco is his last name and the NASCAR package lol

The reality of that is so sad. Outside of those two playoff runs and one or two regular seasons he really was as mediocre as it gets.

Sad? Why?

Eli was incredibly durable. He handled playing in NY well. He seems to be handling his current situation well. Not his fault he was a little over blown by some. He wasn't exactly along for the ride on those 2 superbowls like Trent Dilfer or Jim McMahon. He was near perfect and a 2 time superbowl MVP.

A lot of teams would take that right now. The entire career.

Disagreed with just about this entire thing. It's not easy performing in the playoffs, so who cares if his numbers weren't good a few of the other postseasons? Actually, I'd counter that this proves Eli was not just "along for the ride" or was "carried by defense" to those titles. Yes, the defense played a large part, but they don't win without Eli. Period.

Adjusted yards per attempt index? That's the first time I've ever even seen that. It doesn't necessarily make it invalid, but if you have to dig that deep to knock him down a peg, you have a chip on your shoulder when viewing Eli's career. Here's what's going to get him into the HOF:

2 SuperBowls

2 SuperBowl MVPs

Both SB wins against the GOAT Tom Brady, and defeated an undefeated Patriots team. A team that would have been the best team in history, hands down, if they won that game.

Top 10 in Yards and Touchdowns

Elite Durability

Consistently a top QB year in and year out throughout the majority of his career

Consummate Professional and Leader (this matters on borderline cases, because players that may be viewed as borderline can get in or be left out based on attitude and how well liked they are across the league and with the journalists who vote)

Those credentials will trump:

AY/A INDEX (lol)

Never was the best at his position in any given year

A couple of years with an uptick in turnovers

Facial expressions that people liked to mock

Disagreed with just about this entire thing. It's not easy performing in the playoffs, so who cares if his numbers weren't good a few of the other postseasons? Actually, I'd counter that this proves Eli was not just "along for the ride" or was "carried by defense" to those titles. Yes, the defense played a large part, but they don't win without Eli. Period.

Adjusted yards per attempt index? That's the first time I've ever even seen that. It doesn't necessarily make it invalid, but if you have to dig that deep to knock him down a peg, you have a chip on your shoulder when viewing Eli's career. Here's what's going to get him into the HOF:

2 SuperBowls

2 SuperBowl MVPs

Both SB wins against the GOAT Tom Brady, and defeated an undefeated Patriots team. A team that would have been the best team in history, hands down, if they won that game.

Top 10 in Yards and Touchdowns

Elite Durability

Consistently a top QB year in and year out throughout the majority of his career

Consummate Professional and Leader (this matters on borderline cases, because players that may be viewed as borderline can get in or be left out based on attitude and how well liked they are across the league and with the journalists who vote)

Those credentials will trump:

AY/A INDEX (lol)

Never was the best at his position in any given year

A couple of years with an uptick in turnovers

I think the article is proving he wasn't a top QB year in and out.

And...QBs don't play Superbowls against each other, that's kind of a non-point.

Everything else I agree with. But honestly...This guy gets a shit ton of credit for luck and the ability to catch bad passes.

david-tyree-giants-where-are-they-now.jpg?itok=o98O9neQ

Too bad that picture doesn?t show how Eli was able to get away from being sacked before even making that throw. Or his ability to recognize the defense on the Burress winning touchdown throw that same drive.

Where is the picture of the catch that Manningham made in the second Super Bowl? Maybe the photographers weren?t able to get a good angle because of the tight window Eli landed that ball in.

In the words of the great Shane Falco

Stfu cowboys fans.

And get out while you?re at it

Too bad that picture doesn?t show how Eli was able to get away from being sacked before even making that throw. Or his ability to recognize the defense on the Burress winning touchdown throw that same drive.

Where is the picture of the catch that Manningham made in the second Super Bowl? Maybe the photographers weren?t able to get a good angle because of the tight window Eli landed that ball in.

Stfu cowboys fans.

And get out while you?re at it

That's all awesome but nobody cares unless Tyree catch is that ball off his head.

He was completely average, except for the few playoff games where he wasn't.

The article makes the point that he got hot and performed above expected during the two Super Bowl years. Other playoff years he underperformed compared to expectations and regular season numbers.

Hot goalie can carry a team to a Stanley Cup. Average Eli got hot in 2 different Super Bowl years.

Too bad that picture doesn’t show how Eli was able to get away from being sacked before even making that throw. Or his ability to recognize the defense on the Burress winning touchdown throw that same drive.

Where is the picture of the catch that Manningham made in the second Super Bowl? Maybe the photographers weren’t able to get a good angle because of the tight window Eli landed that ball in.

Stfu cowboys fans.

And get out while you’re at it

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Vodka Drunkenski again.

That's all awesome but nobody cares unless Tyree catch is that ball off his head.

He was completely average, except for the few playoff games where he wasn't.

Cool. He still got the job done. You know an ugly play/goal in any sport is exactly what it takes sometimes. If luck is what it took to beat the Pats I'll take that any day of the week. I'll be the first to admit he's not an elite QB. But he deserves credit for all he was able to do here.

Isn't winning it all the goal regardless of how you get there? If the rangers played the ugliest hockey in the league and managed to win the cup no fan would give a fuck.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Vodka Drunkenski again.

Cool. He still got the job done. You know an ugly play/goal in any sport is exactly what it takes sometimes. If luck is what it took to beat the Pats I'll take that any day of the week. I'll be the first to admit he's not an elite QB. But he deserves credit for all he was able to do here.

Isn't winning it all the goal regardless of how you get there? If the rangers played the ugliest hockey in the league and managed to win the cup no fan would give a fuck.

How does any of this change the notion that career wise, Manning was an average QB?

Numbers wise, Richter was an average goalie. So was Osgood.

I'm confused the point you're trying to make.

How does any of this change the notion that career wise, Manning was an average QB?

He wasn't average. He was consistently in the top 5-10 QBs in the league throughout the majority of his career. I don't know how that is average.

lol

I wasn't disputing that. I'm one of those fans that actually agrees with the idea that he's an overall average QB (Even though numbers wise he's top 10 in some categories) The point I was trying to make was that he still managed to deliver two championships. Which is ultimately what playing the game is about isn't it? You said it yourself, numbers wise Richter and Osgood were average goalies. But what do you think fans think of most when they hear those names? Their stats or what they accomplished?

I think I'm just in the minority when it comes to how I view a successful career. :)

Oh and before it happens, stfu Mike. I don't want to hear what you have to say. We spoke about this.