• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

The OL was much improved the 2nd half and they've added a probowl quality RG.

Scoring the most points in the division generally helps win the division, so it does matter. I didn't see people bitching about the Eagles or Cowboys offense even though they scored less. The defense was horrid and thats why the Giants were horrid.

Highly disagree, the had the most points in the division, yet they were dead last in the division. It doesn't matter how many points you score if your constantly losing games. Again, look at the overall against the league in points for, teams don't just play division teams. They are at the bottom of the pack in regards to league wide scoring, thats more important than the division.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly disagree, the had the most points in the division, yet they were dead last in the division. It doesn't matter how many points you score if your constantly losing games. Again, look at the overall against the league in points for, teams don't just play division teams. They are at the bottom of the pack in regards to league wide scoring, thats more important than the division.

So you highly disagree that scoring more points than other teams helps win more games, and thus helps win the division? OK lol.

I think most didn't watch the 2nd half since the Giants were basically out of it, so I get it. Maybe some of the guys they brought in will help defensively, but it will probably be more of the same on that end.

So you highly disagree that scoring more points than other teams helps win more games, and thus helps win the division? OK lol.

I think most didn't watch the 2nd half since the Giants were basically out of it, so I get it. Maybe some of the guys they brought in will help, but it will probably be more of the same on that end.

The Giants disproved this last year. According to you, if you score the most points your going to win the division, yet, the Giants scored the most in their division, and were in last place in the division. Yes, you need to score to win, but simply putting up a lot of points doesn't mean your a good team. And again, out of the entire NFL, the were no where near the top in scoring. They were better the second half, but they were still bad, and they haven't really done anything to improve that much in the offseason. That OL is terrible. The opposition got to Eli more times than not.

The Giants disproved this last year. According to you, if you score the most points your going to win the division, yet, the Giants scored the most in their division, and were in last place in the division. Yes, you need to score to win, but simply putting up a lot of points doesn't mean your a good team. And again, out of the entire NFL, the were no where near the top in scoring. They were better the second half, but they were still bad, and they haven't really done anything to improve that much in the offseason. That OL is terrible. The opposition got to Eli more times than not.

One year doesn't disprove anything. Look at the last 10 years. Generally the top point scorer in the division has been winning the division or at least close. It's not everything because offense is half the battle. Defense matters just as much. The Giants scored enough points to compete for the division. The defense was just that bad.

The OL improved as the season went. Flowers was flushed out. Hernandez as a rookie got better as the season went. Him progressing even more this year should help relieve Solder's amount of responsibility on the left side. They traded for an all pro RG. Center wasn't particularly bad last year. RT is still a hole. We'll see what they do there.

The Giants really haven't been good since they last won the Super Bowl. In the past 10 years, they went to the playoffs three times. Once they won he Super Bowl and the other they lost the wild card game. And your brining up their scoring last year, but this year they don't have their leading touch down guy in OBJ. All they have is Barkley. So offense is going to be a bigger issue this year. Here are the last 10 years and how many points they scored and where they finished:

2018: 369 PF, 1st in division PF, 4th in division overall

2017: 246 PF, 4th in division PF, 4th in division overall

2016: 310 PF, 4th in division PF, 2nd in division overall-Lost Wild Card

2015: 420 PF, 1st in division PF, 3rd in division overall

2014: 380 PF, 3rd in division PF, 3rd in division overall

2013: 439 PF, 2nd in division PF, 2nd in division overall

2012: 429 PF, 2nd in division PF, 2nd in division overall

2011: 394 PF, 2nd in division PF, 1st in division overall-Won Super Bowl

2010: 394 PF, tied with Dallas for 2nd in division PF, 2nd overall in division

2009: 402 PF, 2nd in division PF, 3rd overall in division

2008: 427 PF, 1st in division PF, 1st overall in division-Lost divisional

Just going by these stats, points for doesn't guarantee you anything. I hope they do better this year, but Im also not getting my hopes up. This team won't do anything with Gettleman in charge. Gutting talent from a team because you didn't pick them is not how you build a team.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Golden Tate facing suspension for PED's, will appeal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037464/article/golden-tate-facing-fourgame-suspension-for-peds

Also, there's this:

@NYPost_Schwartz

The Giants did not know about the pending Golden Tate suspension when they signed him. This is a fairly new development.

And this:

@JordanRaanan

Giants WR corps now has its Top 3 options either out or in some doubt for the opener after news of a potential suspension for Golden Tate. Sterling Shepard has an injured thumb, Corey Coleman tore knee. Next up: Cody Latimer, Bennie Fowler, Russell Shepard and Darius Slayton

:rofl:

Let the tanking begin!

How the hell do you sign someone without knowing something like that? Shouldn't a pending suspension be pretty public knowledge? And especially disclosed to the GM signing you?

That’s because Gettleman is a dope. He ruined this team, they have zero offense right now.

• 2 weeks later...
At least Daniel Jones was throwing dimes. 5/5 67 yards and a td on his 1st drive. Pretty good, even for pre-season.
It's early yet, but I think DJ can be a really good QB in the NFL with that performance.

But let's see because I want to have cautious optimism because we don't want to have another Dave Brown

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk