• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

lol

I wasn't disputing that. I'm one of those fans that actually agrees with the idea that he's an overall average QB (Even though numbers wise he's top 10 in some categories) The point I was trying to make was that he still managed to deliver two championships. Which is ultimately what playing the game is about isn't it? You said it yourself, numbers wise Richter and Osgood were average goalies. But what do you think fans think of most when they hear those names? Their stats or what they accomplished?

I think I'm just in the minority when it comes to how I view a successful career. :)

Oh and before it happens, stfu Mike. I don't want to hear what you have to say. We spoke about this.

I'm someone who lives in the moment. Throughout 1994 I never considered Richter lucky.

I watched both Super Bowls with Giants fans... The ones I know think they're lucky.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm someone who lives in the moment. Throughout 1994 I never considered Richter lucky.

I watched both Super Bowls with Giants fans... The ones I know think they're lucky.

Lucky doesn't mean they weren't good. Any team would have had to have some luck to beat an 18-0 Pats team. That doesn't mean the Giants were a bad team or that Eli wasn't a great QB.

Lucky doesn't mean they weren't good. Any team would have had to have some luck to beat an 18-0 Pats team. That doesn't mean the Giants were a bad team or that Eli wasn't a great QB.
No the stats say be wasn't a "great" QB.

He was (fortunately) great a couple of times that got him 2 SBs. He was bad other playoffs and average his entire career.

It's like there's a third person missing from the argument. The one who overstates how good Eli is. Giants fans more or less have a handle on it. People who don't like the Giants or NY teams or the Mannings kick more dirt on the statement. I don't see these articles telling me how average Terry Bradshaw was. 50 percent completion and as many picks and TD's.

It's like there's a third person missing from the argument. The one who overstates how good Eli is. Giants fans more or less have a handle on it. People who don't like the Giants or NY teams or the Mannings kick more dirt on the statement. I don't see these articles telling me how average Terry Bradshaw was. 50 percent completion and as many picks and TD's.
Maybe you should open a Terry Bradshaw thread and talk about it.

Yup. If you aren't Brady/Peyton/Brees/Rodgers level elite, it's straight to average like Pete says LOL. Imagine having that naive of a viewpoint.

Eli has been a very good and top 5-10 QB almost his entire career. HOF worthy given his credentials, but certainly not legendary.

Yup. If you aren't Brady/Peyton/Brees/Rodgers level elite, it's straight to average like Pete says LOL. Imagine having that naive of a viewpoint.

Eli has been a very good and top 5-10 QB almost his entire career. HOF worthy given his credentials, but certainly not legendary.

538 wrote the article. Maybe you should call them naive...

I say the people who over State how good is Eli was are alive and well in this thread.

Giants fans clearly do not have a handle on reality.

Hopefully Barkley isn’t out for long. A win is a win, but this was nothing but to brag about. It’s nice to have a QB that moves, it it also pisses me off Moreno’s that OBJ isn’t on the team. These two would be really good for each other.

DJ wouldn't have been able to step in and lead the team in his first game if diva OBJ was here commanding attention.