• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

Horrible. Barkley is fucked. Eli gonna dunk the ball off to him 15 times a game? Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah so no different than last year with OBJ lol

This trade sets the stage for after this upcoming season. The team and roster was trash. It needed to change. OBJ should have been more concentrated on the team and less on himself. Barkley looks like a natural born leader. Humble and unselfish.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know Eli is done here. OBJ was the perfect WR for a new QB coming into the league. This puts a ton of pressure on Barkley. Dumb moves.

Beckham would ruin a rookie QB. He had no respect for Eli, what do you think he would do with a rookie not getting him the ball. This is exactly same thing as Shockey. And the return was solid. I love what Gettleman is doing this offseason, cleaning house

• Like 1

Beckham would ruin a rookie QB. He had no respect for Eli, what do you think he would do with a rookie not getting him the ball. This is exactly same thing as Shockey. And the return was solid. I love what Gettleman is doing this offseason, cleaning house

Was he a dick, yes, but he was also the best WR in the game. This is a terrible deal. That first round pick is number 17, not a top 5 or top 10 pick, number 17 for the best WR in the game. If they would have take the kid from Ohio, with him, OBJ and Barkley, the team would have been 10 times better. Outside of Barkley, there is zero offense on this team. Offensively the team just needed a QB, now we need a QB and a WR, not to mention a better offensive line, and now a safety as well.

Was he a dick, yes, but he was also the best WR in the game. This is a terrible deal. That first round pick is number 17, not a top 5 or top 10 pick, number 17 for the best WR in the game. If they would have take the kid from Ohio, with him, OBJ and Barkley, the team would have been 10 times better. Outside of Barkley, there is zero offense on this team. Offensively the team just needed a QB, now we need a QB and a WR, not to mention a better offensive line, and now a safety as well.

They fucked up their young offensive nucleus for sure. They don?t have the picks to fix that now on top of all their other problems. QB, DE, etc.

Sad.

They fucked up their young offensive nucleus for sure. They don’t have the picks to fix that now on top of all their other problems. QB, DE, etc.

Sad.

Exactly. The only reason to make this trade is if it makes the team better, and this doesn’t. If they were getting a top 5 pick in return, that at least takes the sting away. But this trade hurts the team more than it helps, and it sets the team back a long ways. The only positions they were good with were at WR and RB, now it’s just at RB. I really have no desire to watch this team this year.

Doesn?t matter, he?s an egomaniac, that drops his stock if you want to believe it or not. As for the offensive line, they just traded Vernon for one of the best offensive lineman and got their safety in the Beckham trade.

Doesn’t matter, he’s an egomaniac, that drops his stock if you want to believe it or not. As for the offensive line, they just traded Vernon for one of the best offensive lineman and got their safety in the Beckham trade.

Peppers hasn’t done anything yet in the league. And what top playerin the NFL isn’t an egomaniac. Regardless of his antics, that doesn’t take away from what he can do on the field. Again, this trade does not make the team better. They have two huge holes to fill on offense in QB and WR, not to mention a lot of holes in the defense. This wasn’t a move that needed to be made.

And Barkley. One of the best pass catching RBs in the game. We've got Barry Sanders with hands in the backfield and people are losing their shit about trading a diva, oft-injured, overpaid WR.

Barkley will get destroyed next season. They?ll

Stack the box and snuff him out. He?ll probably end up injured from overuse.

Bill Barnwell, ESPN eviscerates the Giants for the OBJ trade

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243093/grading-odell-beckham-jr-trade-giants-browns-won

"Months after paying him a $20 million signing bonus, they traded one of the league's best young players at any position to the Browns for the sort of offer the computer would reject in a video game."

It?s a bitter pill to swallow, especially as a huge OBJ fan. I don?t want to repeat much of what is already in this article, so I?ll just say this:

Gettleman has yet to do something for this team that shows a clear vision. Those talking about liking this move are putting a lot of faith in a man that has yet to do something worthwhile. His FA signings have been crap, with only Solder left of the bunch. I?m hoping he turns it around. One things for sure, this upcoming draft is crucial. Considering what the roster looks like right now, they need a fargin homerun.

Man, I?m pissed lol

• Like 1

Thoughts after sleeping on it:

1) The Giants don't need to force a QB in this draft. If everyone is so confident that Eli is finished, they'll be in just as good, if not better, of a position in the 2020 draft than this year to get an impact QB. Not only draft wise, but also capwise. They have something like 90m in cap space slated for next year. I see a lot of people on the interwebz whining about dead cap space. That is for one season, and it is extremely shortsighted to judge the trade based on 1 year of having a bad cap. The Giants were going nowhere with the team as it was constructed.

2) if they can sign Darryl Williams, then the OL is complete. The offense would be missing a little WR depth, but they can remedy that cheap through FA and the draft. From a receiving standpoint, I've seen a lot of teams do just fine with far less offensive talent than Shepherd, Engram, and Barkley.

3) Take best player available with every pick in the draft. I have read this is a defense heavy draft, which is great because they need defense far more than anything else with the OL complete. I would not be surprised if the best player available aligns with the Giants need here.

4) If they like a QB, I don't see them moving mountains to get one. If one falls into their laps at either pick (Haskins at 6? Jones at 17?), perhaps they take one. It simply doesn't make sense to trade up if you plan on having another high pick next year. There's too many defensive holes for this team to be much better, if at all, than last year.

• Like 1

My thoughts...

1. Cut Eli.

2. Sign a vet QB (very few left) for a year or two.

3. Trade multiple picks, maybe even the #17 for Rosen.

4. Draft DE at #6

5. If no trade goes through for Rosen, draft BPA, potentially a WR at #17

6. Load up on D rest of draft

Next season is shot and after I was thinking they had a chance for 8-8 or 9-7, I now see 4-12.

That will allow them the chance at a top QB in 2020. With or without Rosen they will suck this year and if they trade for him I wouldn?t mind still drafting a 2020 QB to compete with him.

Worst moves would be trading up for any 2019 QB. if Haskins falls to 6 it will be tough to pass on him. I?d be fine with it I guess. Need D then at 17 and beyond.

What is the list of free agent WR? Anyone we can snag at a good price with ?solid? return. This year is shot either way. They can live with no #1 WR.

I agree with a lot of this except for 3. I've seen more that one article that says Rosen isn't bringing back a 1st. That's if the Cardinals are trading him.

I'm not sure how I feel about the trade but a lot depends on the next move or two. Including 2 first round picks that you can't swing and miss on now.

1. Cut Eli.

2. Sign a vet QB (very few left) for a year or two.

3. Trade multiple picks, maybe even the #17 for Rosen.

4. Draft DE at #6

5. If no trade goes through for Rosen, draft BPA, potentially a WR at #17

6. Load up on D rest of draft

im by no means sold on gettlemen as a gm nor shurmur as HQ yet, however compared to the AB trade we did o.k. on this, other than moving him last year which i wanted to do, whereby you could have taken a QB and Barkley. (oh without the 17 mln of dead money).

Gettlemen whiffed on the 1st off season aquisitions, specifically the RB stewart and the OG omameh, one hurt the other cut.

With the exception of QB Lauletta, I thought he did a really solid job in the draft. RJ McIntosh was hurt until mid nov and came back to end the year with 6 tackles. The other picks, one all world have plenty of upside.

there were 35 new players on last years roster.

I'm unhappy with the Collins move only insofar that they should have moved him last year.

As to OBJ, you essentially get two first rounders back and a third. Quite a haul.

The guard trade for Vernon was needed as well and it looks as if the back end of the secondary is o.k.

Obviously much work to be done and you need to figure out the QB pos long term.

in the end this story is still being written. hard to grade it at the moment.