• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

im by no means sold on gentlemen as a gm nor Shurmur as HQ yet, however, compared to the AB trade we did o.k. on this, other than moving him last year which I wanted to do, whereby you could have taken a QB and Barkley. (oh without the 17 mln of dead money).

Gettlemen whiffed on the 1st offseason acquisitions, specifically the RB Stewart and the OG omameh, one hurt the other cut.

With the exception of QB Lauletta, I thought he did a really solid job in the draft. RJ McIntosh was hurt until mid-Nov and came back to end the year with 6 tackles. The other picks, one all world have plenty of upsides.

there were 35 new players on last years roster.

I'm unhappy with the Collins move only insofar that they should have moved him last year.

As to OBJ, you essentially get two first rounders back and a third. Quite a haul.

The guard trade for Vernon was needed as well and it looks as if the back end of the secondary is o.k.

Obviously much work to be done and you need to figure out the QB pos long term.

in the end, this story is still being written. hard to grade it at the moment.

We also got a replacement player at Safety in Jabril Peppers. We needed help in the defensive backfield and Jabril is a start for improving this defense.

As for the Offense, Eli needed to go (which was disappointing to me since going further might taint his legacy), so we could get a veteran QB in Foles (as you mentioned) and draft a QB whom can be groomed by our veteran QBs (be it Eli or another QB in free agency).

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing on Kay show that OBJ is already looking to redo his contract, heard the same thing last night on the Network

He does. Basically wants exactly what the Raiders did with Brown. More money, keeps contract length the same.

This shit is why he isn't a Giant anymore. Dudes a fucking cancer. Its all "me me me".

This shit is why he isn't a Giant anymore. Dudes a fucking cancer. Its all "me me me".
For Odell, it became more about him than the success of the team on the field. His antics over the years (Knocking Over Kicking Nets) has proved himself to being a cancer and a distraction to the team on the field.

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Giants are getting murdered for this trade by all of the "experts". Maybe they should spend more time listening to Giants fans who saw who Odell was, and less time watching one-handed highlights that happened 5 years ago.

Yea, you can speak for yourself on that one. There are plenty of unhappy fans with this trade. Not to mention reporters/fans who tell a different story when it comes to the guy. But I'm not going to argue with you over it since your mind's made up. The dude's gone so let's move on shall we?

I just hope the Giants have a plan and are able to execute it properly. A cherry on the top would be getting news of Eli NOT coming back next season. Thanks for the memories but I'm done with the guy and his play.

Yea, you can speak for yourself on that one. There are plenty of unhappy fans with this trade. Not to mention reporters/fans who tell a different story when it comes to the guy. But I'm not going to argue with you over it since your mind's made up. The dude's gone so let's move on shall we?

I just hope the Giants have a plan and are able to execute it properly. A cherry on the top would be getting news of Eli NOT coming back next season. Thanks for the memories but I'm done with the guy and his play.

Hey I'm just saying Odell is in that Antonio Brown, Terrell Owens type mold. Uber talented with a 10 cent head and attitude. Some fans don't mind the antics. That's fine.

Not having a plan seems to be another ridiculous notion I am seeing blabbed about by, again, all of the "experts". There's a difference between not having a plan vs. having a plan that includes getting rid of OBJ, Vernon, Collins, etc. You don't trade those guys without a plan, and to start making that accusation because of a couple of trades after a second terrible year in a row is ludicrous to me. Gettleman and co. have been running football teams for a long, long time. They aren't going to make kneejerk decisions without a plan.

As far as the plan, it seems to be pretty clear what the plan is:

1) Overhaul the cultureand attitude within the locker room. Job well done so far in that aspect.

2) Draft who they feel is the BPA. Whether that means trade up to get someone they think is a franchise player, or take BPA at their draft positions remains to be seen. They aren't going to just publicly communicate this part of the plan for obvious reasons, but Gettleman has always stressed BPA. That may mean no QB, but it depends on their in house rankings.

3) Get in a position to essentially allow for a cap situation reset. The amount of cap that is up in 2020 allows them to be major players to fill the team with needs.

Sound plan.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This year's draft is going to be fun. Lots of things can happen. Especially with a stockpile of picks.

I don't think they can wait for the draft. If Eli is on the roster Monday all that money gets paid and counts against the cap. They need to cut him. Are we really going to pay him 20 + million to mentor someone? We're not in win now mode...apparently.

They are going to keep him otherwise you need to bring someone else in to bridge the gap from either Rosen or a QB they select.

Rosen started 13 games last year. Not sure why he can't just play.

I doubt the Cardinals pull the trigger now, they may wait on offers closer to the draft.

1st rounder, 3rd rounder, and a young safety for an often injured absolute egomaniac.

If people can?t see that is the best you?re going to get for, no matter how talented he may be and that they are in a full rebuild mode , I don?t know what else to say but I still love you :cheers:

You keep bringing this up, but your not looking at where the pick is compared to the talent that was traded. Who in the NFL isn't na egomaniac? This wasn't a need to trade, so getting the 17th and 93(?) pick is an absolute disgrace. Peppers hasn't shown anything here in the NFL yet either. This was far from the best you get for him. If anything, it should have been a 1st and 2nd for a talent like that.

You do realize this is a very common thing in the NFL, right? Plenty of players have even held out for a new contract when they were still under contract. Its not just him that acts like this, and this is something people don't see. Most of the players in the NFL are egomaniacs and narcissists, thats the culture of the league.

I agree with this post. There are very few fans that are happy about this move. And I just read today from ESPN that Eli is the starting QB this upcoming season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/14/new-york-giants-eli-manning-starting-quarterback-2019-odell-beckham-trade

Rosen started 13 games last year. Not sure why he can't just play.

I doubt the Cardinals pull the trigger now, they may wait on offers closer to the draft.

Trading for Rosen might be the only scenario that winds up making sense to cut or sit Eli. Rosen doesn't need to sit on the bench. Like you mentioned, he already played last year and reasonably well under the circumstances. He needs to play wherever he is this year.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You keep bringing this up, but your not looking at where the pick is compared to the talent that was traded. Who in the NFL isn't na egomaniac? This wasn't a need to trade, so getting the 17th and 93(?) pick is an absolute disgrace. Peppers hasn't shown anything here in the NFL yet either. This was far from the best you get for him. If anything, it should have been a 1st and 2nd for a talent like that.

Peppers is basically a 2nd round pick so you?re contradicting yourself. And as far as everyone being an egomaniac, that?s simply not true, Beckham takes it to a whole new level.

They need to move on from Eli but don't seem willing because of the two Super Bowl titles. The SB titles plus 'Manning' on his jersey distract from how average/mediocre he currently is.

Peppers is basically a 2nd round pick so you’re contradicting yourself. And as far as everyone being an egomaniac, that’s simply not true, Beckham takes it to a whole new level.

I’m not contradicting anything, the guy hasn’t been impressive at all here in the NFL.