Thread: 2018-2019 NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Marshall released. Luls

Let the Dez rumors commence.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Marshall released. Luls

Let the Dez rumors commence.
    If they sign Dez I might legitimately cry.

I love Dez. I hate that the Cowboys cut him for no good reason at all. I'll be sick if he signs with the Giants, who I absolutely fucking hate lollll

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    If they sign Dez I might legitimately cry.

I love Dez. I hate that the Cowboys cut him for no good reason at all. I'll be sick if he signs with the Giants, who I absolutely fucking hate lollll

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Drafting Nelson or Chubb does basically nothing for this team in the near term. Therefore, they are basically pissing Eli's final year(s) away. If they told Eli to take a hike and went with Webb this year then I could understand the gradual rebuild of the D and OL with top picks in the next year or two. But, they (atleast say they) believe Eli has something left in the tank.

I won't be happy with a trade down personally.
    Drafting Nelson is the best pick the Giants could make IF the goal is to field the best team for Eli's last year or two. He fills the most immediate need. I think that would be a mistake to use the #2 pick for that reason though. A trade down makes much more sense going that route.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

2018-2019 NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

1 more day!

Havenít been this excited about this team in years.

My thoughts are all over place with the eventual outcome. I still think it all comes down to whether Gettleman and Shurmur believe Eli with a better group around him has enough in the tank for 3-4 years. If so, you draft Barkley.

If Nick Foles can win a Super Bowl (with a well built supporting cast) a 2x Super Bowl MVP - Eli at age 37-40 should be able to do it as well.

If they think otherwise, you go QB at pick #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I still think they need to draft a QB. This decision would be a little easier if they actually played Webb last season instead of the Eli/Geno debacle. I don't think this team is close with Eli, their offensive line still needs work. Regardless, I haven't been this excited for a draft in yearssssssssssss. Can't wait for the NHL draft next.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Sadly, they need ALOT. If they go QB (and he sits as expected) theyíll have another ugly season. Probably 7-9 or worse IMO. I guess that can help them reload next draft and beyond.

Iíll accept any decision they make tomorrow, short term excitement would clearly be higher getting Barkley. Long term is a QB or trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I still think they need to draft a QB. This decision would be a little easier if they actually played Webb last season instead of the Eli/Geno debacle. I don't think this team is close with Eli, their offensive line still needs work. Regardless, I haven't been this excited for a draft in yearssssssssssss. Can't wait for the NHL draft next.
    Still don't understand this. He should have taken some snaps last year. Especially with the team tanking as they were. Wish I knew what their approach to Webb and the QB position was.

Same about the draft. I'm totally pumped for it. Just one more dayyy

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    If the Giants pick a QB and Sam Darnold is off the board who is their pick ?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    I canít see anyone other than Darnold in blue.

I think Iíd be about equally happy snagging Darnold or Barkley at this point. Short term impacts would be completely different but they both seem like stand up guys.

Most boards have Allen or Rosen after. I think a lot will have to do with whom the Browns select unless the Giants are dead set on who they want (which isnít exlusive to the QB position)

Either Rosen or Mayfield, who are the most NFL ready passers. Tbh, I think they're both more likely to go #1 than Darnold, but what do I know lol. I don't think the Giants have the balls to draft Allen at #2.

Not that anyone here cares, but I've got:

1 - Mayfield
    2 - Rosen
    3 - Allen (upside is higher than anyone)
    4 - Darnold
    5 - Jackson

But I really doubt NYG go QB at 2, because I think the organization still thinks they can win with Eli. Pick is almost certainly Barkely or Chubb, if they stay put.
    Last edited by Future; 04-25-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Either Rosen or Mayfield, who are the most NFL ready passers. Tbh, I think they're both more likely to go #1 than Darnold, but what do I know lol. I don't think the Giants have the balls to draft Allen at #2.

Not that anyone here cares, but I've got:

1 - Mayfield
    2 - Rosen
    3 - Allen (upside is higher than anyone)
    4 - Darnold
    5 - Jackson

But I really doubt NYG go QB at 2, because I think the organization still thinks they can win with Eli. Pick is almost certainly Barkely or Chubb, if they stay put.
    If Darnold is available I can then see the Giants taking him if the Browns take Mayfield or Allen. As a Jets fan we'd be left with the crumbs on that table. The thing is the these QB's are not even the best players in the draft, so much for the best available player.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

If Darnold is available I can then see the Giants taking him if the Browns take Mayfield or Allen. As a Jets fan we'd be left with the crumbs on that table. The thing is the these QB's are not even the best players in the draft, so much for the best available player.
    Idk, I wouldn't consider Mayfield or Rosen "crumbs" lol, but I get your point.

DRAFT DAY!!!!!!

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Finally! Although I'll probably stop watching after the 5th pick, unless the Giants trade down.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Now Iím getting scared that theyíll make the wrong choice. lol. Even though right vs wrong wonít be known for years.

Amazing how much (may) hinge on Clevelandís 1st pick.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    If Darnold is there, they will take him.

If not, I see them dropping back a few spots 8 or 12, while adding additional picks and a player.
    They have way too many holes. 1 qb sitting on the bench for a few seasons isnt going to help them.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    DRAFT DAY!!!!!!

Finally an end to all the drama
    Curly

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast