• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Carolina game and the last eagles game, two heartbreaking losses otherwise they are basically playing for 1st place these last few weeks.

Hard to believe.

Saquon is amazing. Dude has the ability to be ?Jeter or Lundqvist-like? for this franchise for the next decade if they can fix other holes in the team in the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Giants inform Collins that they wont franchise him which will make him a free agent. The only problem I have with this is that they should've at least tried to trade him last year.

He absolutely should have traded him. Pro bowler going straight to FA with the Giants having nothing to show for it is unacceptable. I've already accepted the fact they're going with one more year of Eli, but this is awful asset management by Gettleman.

He absolutely should have traded him. Pro bowler going straight to FA with the Giants having nothing to show for it is unacceptable. I've already accepted the fact they're going with one more year of Eli, but this is awful asset management by Gettleman.

He's not worth the franchise tag but they could've at least gotten a mid round pick for him.

It's not the NHL. NFL teams don't trade for rentals.

They might've gotten like a 4th for him, like Clinton-Dix, but they could get a 3rd-round comp. It's not like they're left with nothing.

It's not the NHL. NFL teams don't trade for rentals.

They might've gotten like a 4th for him, like Clinton-Dix, but they could get a 3rd-round comp. It's not like they're left with nothing.

Yes I?m aware. It doesn?t change the fact he was let go for nothing. Compensatory pick aside, there?s nothing bad about getting another on top of that. It?s all currency.

Yes I’m aware. It doesn’t change the fact he was let go for nothing. Compensatory pick aside, there’s nothing bad about getting another on top of that. It’s all currency.

You don't get the comp pick if you trade the player. He wasn't let go for nothing, he was let go for the comp pick, which is about the same value they'd get in a trade.

We saw the same thing play out with Earl Thomas. Seattle didn't want to trade Earl Thomas to essentially move up from the 3rd round (2020 comp pick) to the 2nd round (2018), especially when they're a competitive football team.