Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2018-2019 NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Yea, you can speak for yourself on that one. There are plenty of unhappy fans with this trade. Not to mention reporters/fans who tell a different story when it comes to the guy. But I'm not going to argue with you over it since your mind's made up. The dude's gone so let's move on shall we?

I just hope the Giants have a plan and are able to execute it properly. A cherry on the top would be getting news of Eli NOT coming back next season. Thanks for the memories but I'm done with the guy and his play.
    I agree with this post. There are very few fans that are happy about this move. And I just read today from ESPN that Eli is the starting QB this upcoming season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/14/ne...-beckham-trade

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    Rosen started 13 games last year. Not sure why he can't just play.

I doubt the Cardinals pull the trigger now, they may wait on offers closer to the draft.
    Trading for Rosen might be the only scenario that winds up making sense to cut or sit Eli. Rosen doesn't need to sit on the bench. Like you mentioned, he already played last year and reasonably well under the circumstances. He needs to play wherever he is this year.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

2018-2019 NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

They donít need a 23 million dollar babysitter. Cut the Mofo!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 03-14-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    You keep bringing this up, but your not looking at where the pick is compared to the talent that was traded. Who in the NFL isn't na egomaniac? This wasn't a need to trade, so getting the 17th and 93(?) pick is an absolute disgrace. Peppers hasn't shown anything here in the NFL yet either. This was far from the best you get for him. If anything, it should have been a 1st and 2nd for a talent like that.
    Peppers is basically a 2nd round pick so youíre contradicting yourself. And as far as everyone being an egomaniac, thatís simply not true, Beckham takes it to a whole new level.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

day-to-day Midget Division
    Yea, you can speak for yourself on that one. There are plenty of unhappy fans with this trade. Not to mention reporters/fans who tell a different story when it comes to the guy. But I'm not going to argue with you over it since your mind's made up. The dude's gone so let's move on shall we?

I just hope the Giants have a plan and are able to execute it properly. A cherry on the top would be getting news of Eli NOT coming back next season. Thanks for the memories but I'm done with the guy and his play.
    They need to move on from Eli but don't seem willing because of the two Super Bowl titles. The SB titles plus 'Manning' on his jersey distract from how average/mediocre he currently is.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Peppers is basically a 2nd round pick so you’re contradicting yourself. And as far as everyone being an egomaniac, that’s simply not true, Beckham takes it to a whole new level.
    I’m not contradicting anything, the guy hasn’t been impressive at all here in the NFL.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Iím not contradicting anything, the guy hasnít been impressive at all here in the NFL.
    Not from what Iíve read but okay.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Giants sign Golden Tate

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...am/3166595002/

Wide receiver Golden Tate signed with the Giants on Thursday. ESPN reported the four-year deal was worth $37.5 million and included $23 million fully guaranteed.

Meh. OK. They obviously needed WR. Seems like a bit of an overpayment however. I was wondering if they wouldn't take a WR with their #17 pick. I think this rules that out which I am good with.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

2018-2019 NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Good enough signing. A bit overpayment. Fills a hole. This team is going to be a hole.... more like a stinky asshole this season so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Good enough signing. A bit overpayment. Fills a hole. This team is going to be a hole.... more like a stinky asshole this season so whatever.

If the OL plays well, then I see plenty of pieces in place to have success offensively. Fully expect this defense to get lit up for like 30+ a game though.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    You do realize this is a very common thing in the NFL, right? Plenty of players have even held out for a new contract when they were still under contract. Its not just him that acts like this, and this is something people don't see. Most of the players in the NFL are egomaniacs and narcissists, thats the culture of the league.
    Not all of them alter team Dynamics to the level he has. Talk about fans... I know someone with a locker room connect. They're all fine with this.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920