• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gettleman did a great job. By that, I mean that he looked our needs and turned that into a new defensive line, a brand spanking new offensive line led by Hernadez at Guard, and a fast backfield led by Stewart and Barkley. Not to mention that we have a two-time SB MVP veteran QB in Eli Manning (who has 2 or 3 years left). Next thing to do is to get rid of Flowers because so far, he has been missing voluntary OTA, so we don't know what NYG will do when it comes to his contract, or who's willing to get him

Gettleman did a great job. By that, I mean that he looked our needs and turned that into a new defensive line, a brand spanking new offensive line led by Hernadez at Guard, and a fast backfield led by Stewart and Barkley. Not to mention that we have a two-time SB MVP veteran QB in Eli Manning (who has 2 or 3 years left). Next thing to do is to get rid of Flowers because so far, he has been missing voluntary OTA, so we don't know what NYG will do when it comes to his contract, or who's willing to get him

I will say that Gettleman has done a good job this offseason. Ogletree is one of the 5 or 6 best LBers in the game - that's a massive get. And the draft haul, even though it's not really the approach I would have taken, is a good one.

But let's pump the breaks a little. Solder is a solid but not great tackle and Hernandez can only play one position. They haven't done anything to really change the complexion of how the offense will function, and I don't see how they're going to get any consistent pass rush.

I actually think Lauleta was their best pick. That kid's going to be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Giants fire members of equipment staff involved in Eli Manning memorabilia scandal

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-staff-involved-eli-manning-memorabilia-scandal-article-1.4008729

The club let go equipment director Joseph Skiba, his brother and assistant equipment manager Ed Skiba, and equipment/locker room manager Ed Wagner, Jr., a source told the Daily News Thursday night. ESPN first reported the firings.

Wagner had been employed by the Giants for more than 40 years. His father, Edward, also had been the franchise's equipment manager. And the Skibas each had been with the club since college.

Joe Skiba most notably was the recipient of a Manning email on April 27, 2010 — made public last spring — in which Manning asked for "2 helmets that can pass as game used."

• 1 month later...
I will say that Gettleman has done a good job this offseason. Ogletree is one of the 5 or 6 best LBers in the game - that's a massive get. And the draft haul, even though it's not really the approach I would have taken, is a good one.

But let's pump the breaks a little. Solder is a solid but not great tackle and Hernandez can only play one position. They haven't done anything to really change the complexion of how the offense will function, and I don't see how they're going to get any consistent pass rush.

I actually think Lauleta was their best pick. That kid's going to be good.

The pass rush will be our biggest concern come next year, because of the lack of consistency (what you said)

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Today marks week #2 of Training camp. Right now, I am impressed at what is being seen in East Rutherford and we tried OBJ and Saquon on special teams in day 4. Come on G-men, let's take the NFC to task this year. It all depends on Eli staying healthy and our defense

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If the O-line can get its shit together and make some room for Saquon, having weapons like him and OBJ will be great. It will make them a harder team to play against, not knowing which option they will go with. And as long as they aren't as predictable as the past couple of years on when they are going to run the ball.I think they could be a good team and be a playoff team as long as that O-Line can give Eli and Saquon time.

If the O-line can get its shit together and make some room for Saquon, having weapons like him and OBJ will be great. It will make them a harder team to play against, not knowing which option they will go with. And as long as they aren't as predictable as the past couple of years on when they are going to run the ball.I think they could be a good team and be a playoff team as long as that O-Line can give Eli and Saquon time.

Just going by training camp reports, the one player who seems to be struggling the most on the OL, is you guessed it, Ereck Fucking Flowers. At least he?s not covering Eli?s blind side anymore.

Nothing will prevent players from getting injured, which is the unavoidable achilles heel in all sports.

Giants place supplemental draft pick Sam Beal on IR

w5wyzx6dmdflpqmekjdy.jpg

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants placed rookie cornerback Sam Beal on injured reserve and re-signed defensive back Kenneth Durden.

Beal, whom the Giants selected on the third round of the July 11 supplemental draft, must undergo shoulder surgery. General manager Dave Gettleman said Friday, “it’s about a five-month procedure.” He was talking about the recovery, not the surgery itself.

Besides, it's only the beginning of training camp; there'll be many surprises, both good & bad.

Go Rangers!!

https://www.giants.com/news/giants-place-supplemental-draft-pick-sam-beal-on-ir

Just going by training camp reports, the one player who seems to be struggling the most on the OL, is you guessed it, Ereck Fucking Flowers. At least he’s not covering Eli’s blind side anymore.

I hate that they still have him, yet they let Pugh go. I don’t get why Flowers gets so many chances, he is terrible.

I hate that they still have him, yet they let Pugh go. I don?t get why Flowers gets so many chances, he is terrible.

Word during the draft was that they tried to trade him for picks and found no takers. They didn?t want to pay Pugh what he was looking for. Not with the contracts they have coming.

But yea, I?m with ya. I?m sick of hearing his name let alone watching his disastrous play. Dudes a total bust.

I hate that they still have him, yet they let Pugh go. I don’t get why Flowers gets so many chances, he is terrible.

I, personally, love it, because Demarcus Lawrence is going to wreck his shit lol.

I don't understand how he's still penciled in to be a starter though. There are bad tackles all over hte place, I don't get how they don't at least try someone else.

Today marks week #2 of Training camp. Right now, I am impressed at what is being seen in East Rutherford and we tried OBJ and Saquon on special teams in day 4. Come on G-men, let's take the NFC to task this year. It all depends on Eli staying healthy and our defense

Did they already forget Jason Sehorn?

I, personally, love it, because Demarcus Lawrence is going to wreck his shit lol.

I don't understand how he's still penciled in to be a starter though. There are bad tackles all over hte place, I don't get how they don't at least try someone else.

Yeah, I don't get how he is a starter either. I guess maybe they are trying to show him for a trade. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they cut him and lost hime for nothing. Him not being on this team would make them a better team.

Before heading into the preseason game against CLE, the Giants started a new formation @ yesterday's practice that had two TE's in motion while shifting OBJ to the right side and Eli handing the ball off to saquon. I want to see teams beat THAT formation this season

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/ContentGallery/New-York-Giants-Training-Camp-Offense-Shows-New-looks-prior-to-preseason-120474162/?

Webb looked awful. Didn?t help he was playing with lots of non first stringers but his throws were ugly in general.

Otherwise, run D was good. Rest of the D not so much.

Hard to judge starting O with no OBJ and limited Barkley. Eli didn?t look any better in his first outing.

Mayfield looks great. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk