• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get/Find the future QB in the next 1-2 years and there is hope.

Barkley is the new FACE and HEART of the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

By what we have seen tonight from Barkley, he will be a force to be wrecking with as his career progresses. On the other hand, we might need to start Lauletta to see what we have at QB. Either he's got it or he doesn't. If he doesn't and if this season is lost (it is after tonight), we might be able to draft a QB in 2019. There's nowhere to go but up at this point.

Yup. Time to look ahead to 2019. This team wasn?t going anywhere this year from the start. All these 6 games have shown is ELI is toast and there are multiple other holes that need repair still. Much like the Rangers it will take several years to be true contenders again.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I would have considered a trade for obj as well. i would have seen if i could have gotten two high no 1's this year, meaning ours (barkley) and another top 10 for a potential QB.

i give Gettlemen credit. we have 5 new starters on the O line and he finally did the right thing and got rid of flowers. problem is your looking at two draft classes with virtually no one still on the active roster. we had a good draft this year however and the turn around time in the NFL can be pretty quick with good drafting and some good FA moves.

I love Manning but hate to say that he might be a bit gun shy at this point in his career having taking the beating he has the past few years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I would have considered a trade for obj as well. i would have seen if i could have gotten two high no 1's this year, meaning ours (barkley) and another top 10 for a potential QB.

i give Gettlemen credit. we have 5 new starters on the O line and he finally did the right thing and got rid of flowers. problem is your looking at two draft classes with virtually no one still on the active roster. we had a good draft this year however and the turn around time in the NFL can be pretty quick with good drafting and some good FA moves.

I love Manning but hate to say that he might be a bit gun shy at this point in his career having taking the beating he has the past few years.

I see your point about a trade for OBJ. We could trade him for a couple of first-round picks that might help with our rebuilding process. Look what OAK did today for Amari Cooper, they traded him to DAL for a first-round pick in the draft. That might be what we need to do since the season is lost. Also, trade Eli (who I loved as well) to a team that might need a QB such as JAX, SF (lol), or maybe even TB to continue a Rangeresque rebuilding process by looking to the future such Barkley whom has been a real leader this team needs for the short and long-term future

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

His antics are a problem for the locker room. It shows that what he does is okay. You want Barkley seeing that sort of stuff as a rookie?

It don?t think it says that at all. Especially with the way he gets criticized by the media and press. If you think a guy like Barkley will be negatively influenced by what OBJ does then you?re not giving the kid enough credit IMO.

Barkley seems like a real grounded high character guy. He?ll be fine. Shit, there?s even been a few times where he was settling OBJ down.

I know he?s a polarizing guy but I don?t see a team investing in a player this long and for that much money if he was really a ?cancer.?

His sideline antics make him an easy target, which to some extent is fair. But there are plenty of great players with the same temperament. Brady?s been known to lose his mind on the sidelines. Payton Manning is another.

You?d think Beckham killed someone with the way he?s vilified.

Btw, this isn?t me attacking your point of view. I?m just tired of the narrative that follows the guy around all over social media.

IMO the guy is selfish, his antics are no where to be seen when he gets his numbers even if they lose.

How dare you attack me! :cheers:

:cheers:

I think his contract made it tough to get more

That?s what Ranaan said a few mins ago

@JordanRanaan

His contract affects the compensation. Harder to get high picks when the player has a big contract. Harrison costs the Lions $4.1M this year and $7M for next year and $9.25M for 2020 if they want to keep him.

Still a fifth rounder for an all pro DT? Brutal.