• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

Giants traded Vernon for RG Kevin Zeitler. Solid addition for the O Line.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26190143/sources-giants-agree-trade-vernon-browns

The New York Giants have agreed to a trade that will send Pro Bowl outside linebacker Olivier Vernon to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for right guard Kevin Zeitler, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.

Cap and roster info for those interested

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap/

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind trading for Rosen and taking at DE with the 6th pick

Best move in this draft. Get DE stud and try to get Rosen for a few future picks (2nd round or later) in 2020 or 2021. If they suck real bad next year they could still potentially draft a 2020 rookie QB to compete with Rosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Trade OBJ too, build it for 2-3 years down the road. Could be a really fun time for NY if all the chips fall in place, Rangers/Giants/Knicks

Probably will happen in a year or two. You can tell Gettleman wants to wipe out all things Jerry Reese.

Eli has to go too, sooner or later. Like you said in 3 years hopefully the Giants and Rangers are legit contenders again.

funny you said that re cap. pittsburgh has like 21 mln of dead money on their books this year from trading AB.

would be nice to see the giants add a second tier right tackle during free agency and come out balls deep on defense during the draft.

in retrospect, probably not a bad move not signing Collins. a good inside the box player but he couldn't cover anyone. I'd trade Beckham in a minute if it brought back a Hershel Walker type haul.

Probably will happen in a year or two. You can tell Gettleman wants to wipe out all things Jerry Reese.

Eli has to go too, sooner or later. Like you said in 3 years hopefully the Giants and Rangers are legit contenders again.

Gentleman is kind of pissing me off with this. Letting Collins go was an idiotic thing to do. One of the few bright spots on the teams defense is gone. I get wanting to make the team his own, but not everything Reese did was terrible. If your gonna let go a guy like Collins, at least try to get something for him.

Only way I’m ok with this is if ELI is cut. Otherwise this team is a clusterfuck with no direction.

Why do you say no direction? Theres no reason to cut Eli. He only has one year left. Pretty sure they are more or less viewing this season as a throwaway now.

The direction is to flush the team cancers and big contracts out, build through the draft, and open up cap space. This and the Vernon trade does all of that, but just not until next year when Eli is also off the books. I question Collins locker room presence and attitude now...that must be a large reason why they chose not to franchise him.

Why do you say no direction? Theres no reason to cut Eli. He only has one year left. Pretty sure they are more or less viewing this season as a throwaway now.

The direction is to flush the team cancers and big contracts out, build through the draft, and open up cap space. This and the Vernon trade does all of that, but just not until next year when Eli is also off the books. I question Collins locker room presence and attitude now...that must be a large reason why they chose not to franchise him.

Sorry ODB was going help our next QB. Now they have another massive whole to fill. Eli sucks and with ODB the last few years to bail

Him out, he likely wouldn?t even be around.

I?m pissed about the move offensively.