• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

R.I.P. John Amirante

One of my favorite garden memories:

The best National Anthem experience for me ever. That is what it meant to be a Ranger fan.

It was a culmination of years of memories, families and friendships watching the Rangers. The entire city was buzzing and tens of thousands of fans were standing/screaming just outside the Garden. That splendid night wasn't a tradition to be kicked-off by Amirante, but the peaking of a love affair. He was not the Master of Ceremonies, but a part of the celebration. Years had built toward that moment and it manifested itself in that audible and electric expression of love, anticipation and excitement.

John was one of us. That night he was us.

The best National Anthem experience for me ever. That is what it meant to be a Ranger fan.

It was a culmination of years of memories, families and friendships watching the Rangers. The entire city was buzzing and tens of thousands of fans were standing/screaming just outside the Garden. That splendid night wasn't a tradition to be kicked-off by Amirante, but the peaking of a love affair. He was not the Master of Ceremonies, but a part of the celebration. Years had built toward that moment and it manifested itself in that audible and electric expression of love, anticipation and excitement.

John was one of us. That night he was us.

I don't think you can put it any better than that, Giac! Well said....

Indeed, memories to last a lifetime!

Archived