• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Last Thing You Googled

josh

Yea, but this is the first time this has happened since I’ve had the house (almost 5 years)

With our first house, we had dampness issues with the basement (common problem here). We’ve been told walls are a bigger issue than wet spots (depending on size of spot, I imagine). We have a few spots, but the inspector said to look at the walls - we had one wall being “pushed in” 3”. Was told it was a drainage issue. Added gutters, drainage and some water sucking plants. Hopefully that works until it sells.

With our first house, we had dampness issues with the basement (common problem here). We?ve been told walls are a bigger issue than wet spots (depending on size of spot, I imagine). We have a few spots, but the inspector said to look at the walls - we had one wall being ?pushed in? 3?. Was told it was a drainage issue. Added gutters, drainage and some water sucking plants. Hopefully that works until it sells.

I think my problem is hydrostatic pressure and I think it has to do with having a sprinkler system installed last summer, the soil next to the house seems soft and may not be pitched away.

I think my problem is hydrostatic pressure and I think it has to do with having a sprinkler system installed last summer, the soil next to the house seems soft and may not be pitched away.
Everyone I know who has had a sprinkler system installed has regretted it, for one reason or another.

Archived