Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 242

Thread: Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

  1. #81
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,604
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I dont want to move Hayes. Would rather move Zibanejad, especially if we are bringing in a center and a RH shooter.
    I don't understand people wanting to hang on to Hayes. Not just you but others have said the same. I don't get it. What's to like about him? Defense? You can get that anywhere.
    GORTON 2020

  2. #82
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't understand people wanting to hang on to Hayes. Not just you but others have said the same. I don't get it. What's to like about him? Defense? You can get that anywhere.
    Simply put, he out produces Zibanejad in ever aspect, other than the PP. Comparing ES or PK numbers between the two is pretty telling, including +/-
    For comparison, he put up 44 points this season (45, 39, 49 previously). Artem Anisimov's top season was 45 points, playing with Patrick Kane.
    And Hayes, unlike Zibs, can play on any line. 1st or 4th.

    I dont see either being a top-line guy for the next few years, so I really look at that versatility.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  3. #83
    Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    9
    ok with moving both Hayes and Vecsey both have underwhelmed plus they both have stupid looks on their faces imo . Zib still has a lot to prove as well, he could start by ditching the frosted tips that were maybe cool in the late 80's.

  4. #84
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,114
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is what Iím hearing:
    Theyíre looking to move Vesey and Hayes

    Kovy 3 mill
    Tavares 10 ( will push for JT the hardest )
    Karlsson 10 ( 2019-20 )
    IIRC you have some ties to the org?

  5. #85
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    No

    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  6. #86
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,176
    Rep Power
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Simply put, he out produces Zibanejad in ever aspect, other than the PP. Comparing ES or PK numbers between the two is pretty telling, including +/-
    For comparison, he put up 44 points this season (45, 39, 49 previously). Artem Anisimov's top season was 45 points, playing with Patrick Kane.
    And Hayes, unlike Zibs, can play on any line. 1st or 4th.

    I dont see either being a top-line guy for the next few years, so I really look at that versatility.
    "Simply put, I have a hard-on for Zibenajad, therefore I will try to paint his as useless as humanly possible."

    Don't know what Anisimov has to do with it, but at least acknowledge that 45 points was in 64 games...

  7. #87
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,097
    Rep Power
    417

    Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

    Zibanejad P/GP:

    2017-18 - 0.65
    2016-17 - 0.66
    2015-16 - 0.63
    2014-15 - 0.58

    Anisomov P/GP:

    2017-18 - 0.43
    2016-17 - 0.70
    2015-16 - 0.55
    2014-15 - 0.52

    I'll take Zibanejad every day of the week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #88
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    Phil, sorry. The comparisons are based off Hayes.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  9. #89
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    "Simply put, I have a hard-on for Zibenajad, therefore I will try to paint his as useless as humanly possible."

    Don't know what Anisimov has to do with it, but at least acknowledge that 45 points was in 64 games...
    I think most would say AA is a solid 2C. Hayes is better, playing with less.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  10. #90
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,176
    Rep Power
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think most would say AA is a solid 2C. Hayes is better, playing with less.
    Oh, didn't realize that's where you were going.

    Hayes reminds me of Jordan Staal. Exceled playing behind some guys but will never carry the load in a top 6 role.

    But that's no reason to trade him. Move Zib to wing.

  11. #91
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oh, didn't realize that's where you were going.

    Hayes reminds me of Jordan Staal. Exceled playing behind some guys but will never carry the load in a top 6 role.

    But that's no reason to trade him. Move Zib to wing.
    I'm a huge proponent of moving Zib to wing... But with the other moves mentioned, it makes him expendable... In that scenario
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  12. #92
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,176
    Rep Power
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I'm a huge proponent of moving Zib to wing... But with the other moves mentioned, it makes him expendable... In that scenario
    He's locked into a reasonable deal and a year younger than Hayes.

    Plus a right shot. Kovalchuk doesn't make him expendable.

  13. #93
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    If Zib isn’t getting #1 PP time and he’s not getting first line minutes, when’s he getting his points?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  14. #94
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,138
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If Zib isnít getting #1 PP time and heís not getting first line minutes, whenís he getting his points?
    If say, Kovalchuck - Tavares - Chytil was our first line, and Kreider - Zib - Buch was our second line, and Zib was on the #2 PP, he'd still get his points.
    Last edited by Long live the King; 04-16-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey

  15. #95
    Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    9
    hope there's a plan B for the first line because there's three question marks.

  16. #96
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,114
    Rep Power
    91
    Zib might be the perfect 2nd line C.

  17. #97
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,176
    Rep Power
    484
    I'm still trying to figure out why we need kovalchuk if we have Zib on RW.

  18. #98
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    If say, Kovalchuck - Tavares - Chytil was our first line, and Kreider - Zib - Buch was our second line, and Zib was on the #2 PP, he'd still get his points.
    Sure, not terrible.

    IMO, we need to get Mika on the wing. Let him rip. Let him focus on scoring. That’s where he will be the most beneficial to the team.

    But more importantly, we need a 1C, and it’s not him.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  19. #99
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,097
    Rep Power
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why we need kovalchuk if we have Zib on RW.
    Kovalchuk is LW.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #100
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,647
    Rep Power
    255
    I’d prefer Zibanejad on the left. One timer . How he plays on the pp.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •