Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 242

Thread: Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

  1. #61
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    Do we get matching jerseys or something?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #62
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Crooklyn
    Posts
    4,143
    Rep Power
    58
    Do any of you guys think the accelerated rebuild may be an effort to cash in on what will probably Hank’s last solid year (or maybe 2) as a #1 goaltender? I don’t think that Hank really can push the organization around in his golden years, but maybe JG doesn’t think the window is completely closed.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    6
    It's closed and nailed shut.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Do any of you guys think the accelerated rebuild may be an effort to cash in on what will probably Hank’s last solid year (or maybe 2) as a #1 goaltender? I don’t think that Hank really can push the organization around in his golden years, but maybe JG doesn’t think the window is completely closed.
    Signing JT or Karlsson would be more about opening up a whole new 8-year window, the way I see it. In fact, is it probably more about blowing a massive hole in the roof to rocket out of.

    While I agree with the skepticism surrounding an accelerated rebuild, you have to appreciate that JT and Karlsson are world-class players, who are very, very rarely available - especially at the age of 27. Signing just one of them is a game-changer for the franchise and something you have to attempt almost no matter the circumstances.

    Furthermore, this is exactly the game that the Rangers need to be strong at. Attracting star players by having home in the greatest city in the world. That's the structural "edge", the Rangers hold over Buffalo, Arizona etc., who can all (theoretically) draft and develop just as much and well as the Rangers and all play under the same salary cap. The one thing, the Rangers will always have is the attraction and the prestige of the franchise and the city, and in a cap-world, that is only really exploitable in UFA's and re-signings.
    Last edited by Rosenvold; 04-16-2018 at 07:16 AM.

  5. #65
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    It's closed and nailed shut.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Not if they bring in Tavares and Karlsson. That opens it back up again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #66
    Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    6
    I was referring to our goaltenders window. I know he is loved by the majority, he's hard working and committed to the team. My personal opinion is he just doesn't have "it". I hope next season he plays at an elite level. Watching these playoff games I keep wondering if Hank could have been as effective. Having JT and Karlsson won't help the most important player on the ice.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,720
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I was referring to our goaltenders window. I know he is loved by the majority, he's hard working and committed to the team. My personal opinion is he just doesn't have "it". I hope next season he plays at an elite level. Watching these playoff games I keep wondering if Hank could have been as effective. Having JT and Karlsson won't help the most important player on the ice.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Aside from the impossible argument of whether or not Hank has "it".... of course JT and/or Karlsson helps him.

    No goalie is going to play well consistently facing 40 shots per night.

  8. #68
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,026
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I was referring to our goaltenders window. I know he is loved by the majority, he's hard working and committed to the team. My personal opinion is he just doesn't have "it". I hope next season he plays at an elite level. Watching these playoff games I keep wondering if Hank could have been as effective. Having JT and Karlsson won't help the most important player on the ice.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Aside from the impossible argument of whether or not Hank has "it".... of course JT and/or Karlsson helps him.

    No goalie is going to play well consistently facing 40 shots per night.
    Furthermore, I think an argument can be made that if JT and EK65 come here, Hank is no longer the most important player on the ice.
    LGR!

  9. #69
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    91
    Hank had a solid season last year, despite what seems to be a prolonged injury and a lacking defense. Heck, our #2 d-man was also injured, the #3 was a shithead, the #4 stagnated in progress, #5 underperformed and spent most the year in the A, and #6 was Marc Staal.

    All this with an offense first, shell later coaching style.

    Lundqvist is better than 90% of the starting goalies in today's NHL and you have to capitalize on that, if and/or while you can. Pavelec was a starting goalie. Think about that.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    1,629
    Rep Power
    29
    My dream scenario is every other fanbase absolutely losing their minds with talk of a "Fix" after we win the lottery, then sign JT and trade of EK.. It would be glorious

  11. #71
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,720
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Furthermore, I think an argument can be made that if JT and EK65 come here, Hank is no longer the most important player on the ice.
    The goalie is always the most important player on the ice, because they're the only guy who can single-handedly win or lose a game.

    But yea, he's not as important when the supporting cast can accomplish something.

  12. #72
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The goalie is always the most important player on the ice, because they're the only guy who can single-handedly win or lose a game.

    But yea, he's not as important when the supporting cast can accomplish something.
    Incorrect. Goalies only keep you in games long enough for skaters to win them. They can lose games singlehandedly, though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #73
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,720
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Incorrect. Goalies only keep you in games long enough for skaters to win them. They can lose games singlehandedly, though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    COLOSSALEYEROLL.gif

  14. #74
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    Well, stop saying wrong things and I won't have to correct them!


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #75
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,720
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Well, stop saying wrong things and I won't have to correct them!


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Pedantic and correct aren't synonymous.

  16. #76
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    They can be. I'm this case they are.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  17. #77
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,026
    Rep Power
    82
    Reported for abusive content. Get a fucking room, you two.
    LGR!

  18. #78
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,720
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Reported for abusive content. Get a fucking room, you two.
    Can't, been kicked out of every roadside motel from Maine to Georgia.

  19. #79
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,200
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is what I’m hearing:
    They’re looking to move Vesey and Hayes

    Kovy 3 mill
    Tavares 10 ( will push for JT the hardest )
    Karlsson 10 ( 2019-20 )
    This Hayes and Vesey stuff makes me happy. Hopefully they can nab a quality D man in return for them.

  20. #80
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,552
    Rep Power
    267
    I dont want to move Hayes. Would rather move Zibanejad, especially if we are bringing in a center and a RH shooter.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •