Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Accelerated Rebuild is Dangerously Ambitious

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Do we get matching jerseys or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Do any of you guys think the accelerated rebuild may be an effort to cash in on what will probably Hank’s last solid year (or maybe 2) as a #1 goaltender? I don’t think that Hank really can push the organization around in his golden years, but maybe JG doesn’t think the window is completely closed.

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    It's closed and nailed shut.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Do any of you guys think the accelerated rebuild may be an effort to cash in on what will probably Hank’s last solid year (or maybe 2) as a #1 goaltender? I don’t think that Hank really can push the organization around in his golden years, but maybe JG doesn’t think the window is completely closed.
    Signing JT or Karlsson would be more about opening up a whole new 8-year window, the way I see it. In fact, is it probably more about blowing a massive hole in the roof to rocket out of.

While I agree with the skepticism surrounding an accelerated rebuild, you have to appreciate that JT and Karlsson are world-class players, who are very, very rarely available - especially at the age of 27. Signing just one of them is a game-changer for the franchise and something you have to attempt almost no matter the circumstances.

Furthermore, this is exactly the game that the Rangers need to be strong at. Attracting star players by having home in the greatest city in the world. That's the structural "edge", the Rangers hold over Buffalo, Arizona etc., who can all (theoretically) draft and develop just as much and well as the Rangers and all play under the same salary cap. The one thing, the Rangers will always have is the attraction and the prestige of the franchise and the city, and in a cap-world, that is only really exploitable in UFA's and re-signings.
    Last edited by Rosenvold; 04-16-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    It's closed and nailed shut.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Not if they bring in Tavares and Karlsson. That opens it back up again.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    I was referring to our goaltenders window. I know he is loved by the majority, he's hard working and committed to the team. My personal opinion is he just doesn't have "it". I hope next season he plays at an elite level. Watching these playoff games I keep wondering if Hank could have been as effective. Having JT and Karlsson won't help the most important player on the ice.

Moderator Junior Division
    I was referring to our goaltenders window. I know he is loved by the majority, he's hard working and committed to the team. My personal opinion is he just doesn't have "it". I hope next season he plays at an elite level. Watching these playoff games I keep wondering if Hank could have been as effective. Having JT and Karlsson won't help the most important player on the ice.

Aside from the impossible argument of whether or not Hank has "it".... of course JT and/or Karlsson helps him.

No goalie is going to play well consistently facing 40 shots per night.

//reported Junior Division

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Aside from the impossible argument of whether or not Hank has "it".... of course JT and/or Karlsson helps him.

No goalie is going to play well consistently facing 40 shots per night.
    Furthermore, I think an argument can be made that if JT and EK65 come here, Hank is no longer the most important player on the ice.
    LGR!

Deleted Midget Division
    Hank had a solid season last year, despite what seems to be a prolonged injury and a lacking defense. Heck, our #2 d-man was also injured, the #3 was a shithead, the #4 stagnated in progress, #5 underperformed and spent most the year in the A, and #6 was Marc Staal.

All this with an offense first, shell later coaching style.

Lundqvist is better than 90% of the starting goalies in today's NHL and you have to capitalize on that, if and/or while you can. Pavelec was a starting goalie. Think about that.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    My dream scenario is every other fanbase absolutely losing their minds with talk of a "Fix" after we win the lottery, then sign JT and trade of EK.. It would be glorious

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Furthermore, I think an argument can be made that if JT and EK65 come here, Hank is no longer the most important player on the ice.
    The goalie is always the most important player on the ice, because they're the only guy who can single-handedly win or lose a game.

But yea, he's not as important when the supporting cast can accomplish something.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The goalie is always the most important player on the ice, because they're the only guy who can single-handedly win or lose a game.

But yea, he's not as important when the supporting cast can accomplish something.
    Incorrect. Goalies only keep you in games long enough for skaters to win them. They can lose games singlehandedly, though.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Incorrect. Goalies only keep you in games long enough for skaters to win them. They can lose games singlehandedly, though.

COLOSSALEYEROLL.gif

Well, stop saying wrong things and I won't have to correct them!

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Well, stop saying wrong things and I won't have to correct them!

Pedantic and correct aren't synonymous.

They can be. I'm this case they are.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    Reported for abusive content. Get a fucking room, you two.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Reported for abusive content. Get a fucking room, you two.
    Can't, been kicked out of every roadside motel from Maine to Georgia.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is what I’m hearing:
    They’re looking to move Vesey and Hayes

Kovy 3 mill
    Tavares 10 ( will push for JT the hardest )
    Karlsson 10 ( 2019-20 )
    This Hayes and Vesey stuff makes me happy. Hopefully they can nab a quality D man in return for them.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I dont want to move Hayes. Would rather move Zibanejad, especially if we are bringing in a center and a RH shooter.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast