Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Track of Coaching Availabilities

Senior Member Junior Division
    Ignorant uninformed question here... What has Keefe done to be considered a front runner for the job?

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Ignorant uninformed question here... What has Keefe done to be considered a front runner for the job?
    Look up his records in the OHL and AHL. Read anything about his coaching. Just Google him.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Flavor of the off season. Time will tell, there's some names out here that I think would be borderline comical. Going with a guy without a ton of experience and thrown into this market could be an absolute disaster. Gotta grab the popcorn sit back and see what happens.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Anyone who blames a hc for a teams offense, is irresponsible in how they watch or know hockey. Torts made whipped cream out of shit. His rosters had very little talent, and he was still able to get 40 out of Gabs and almost 30 out of Ryan fuckin Callahan.
    lol then you're either blind or ignorant. It was night and day when AV came in with the same players

Torts was completely incompetent with the Ranger offense
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 04-12-2018 at 08:39 PM.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    .700+ winning percentage between OHL, AHL.

Reads like a promising hybrid coach who embraces all the right things — adjusting for strength of schedule, opponent, etc. Makes strong use of analytics, and is one-on-one with players.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Flavor of the off season. Time will tell, there's some names out here that I think would be borderline comical. Going with a guy without a ton of experience and thrown into this market could be an absolute disaster. Gotta grab the popcorn sit back and see what happens.
    Hardly. Phil and I were talking about him extensively here, many months ago. Eh, I think he can handle some strife based on his past experiences. Whoever coaches shouldn't be expected to be Al Arbour, at least not in his first year.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    lol then you're either blind or ignorant. It was night and say when AV came in with the same players

Ok
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    lol then you're either blind or ignorant. It was night and say when AV came in with the same players

I think you've got a little revisionist history going.

Torts only had about 20 games with the roster AV inherited, and they scored at a better clip post deadline, IIRC.

There hasn't been a coach since the lockout who did more with less than that 2012 ECF team.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    I know you guys have been talking about him, he seems to be the popular choice based on a lot of other articles too. Rough market, a roster full of large holes and a rookie NHL coach is a tough task.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Hardly. Phil and I were talking about him extensively here, many months ago. Eh, I think he can handle some strife based on his past experiences. Whoever coaches shouldn't be expected to be Al Arbour, at least not in his first year.
    Keefe? To call him inexperienced is disingenuous. He's doing this in Toronto, not Toledo. It may be the AHL, but he's already experienced the pressures of the big market. Leafs bloggers have been on about him for three years running, too.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I know you guys have been talking about him, he seems to be the popular choice based on a lot of other articles too. Rough market, a roster full of large holes and a rookie NHL coach is a tough task.
    I mean, he is the popular choice. For good reason.

Here's the thing about experience... you can't gain it until someone gives you the opportunity.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    The good thing is that only one coach in almost 100 years here has actually won the last game of the season. So the bar is pretty low in defining success.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I want a new face too! I loved Keenan for winning us the cup...and no one was more of an advocate of his style then me...ask anyone!

BUT

His shit won't fly here and we don't need a coach being the center of attention here. The game, and also the players are a shade different nowadays, and I wanna see a new guy get a chance to make his mark with this new generation of Rangers. I can't help feel very pumped up for the new regime, and I'm going to be #1 on the list of supporters for the kids we draft and the coach we hire going forward.

Rooting against this team to tank, and not even giving a shit about when we scored was really a shitty way to spend a season; Onward and upward with new faces, and a new spirit!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think you've got a little revisionist history going.

Torts only had about 20 games with the roster AV inherited, and they scored at a better clip post deadline, IIRC.

There hasn't been a coach since the lockout who did more with less than that 2012 ECF team.

Exactly. Admittedly, I am a Torts fanboy, but only because I respect the hell out of what he was able to accomplish here. He changed a loser culture with a no bullshit approach. His first day he screamed at media for stepping on the team logo in the lockerroom.

I know he rubbed some guys the wrong way (avery, hank, and others) but there's no denying his success here and the lasting change that was made. The "Black and Blueshirts" might be one of my favorite seasons of all time.

His firing seemed abrupt and shocked me honestly, but maybe it was time. Shitting on him post-partum seems wrong though.

Same with AV. There are a lot of things to say about AV but at the end of the day he had a winning record and that's what history remembers.

On to the next coach. The next style. The next chapter in history.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Speaking of onward and next chapter...

Anyone else with any feedback, recent info or opinions on Marco Sturm?

I'd think he'd be right up there with Keefe. He wants to get back to the NHL and the Rangers could learn something interviewing him. His unique experiences running an entire national program from GM and PD to coach reminds me of Herb Brooks. Obviously a friendlier more modern personality, who commands respect by listening, relating and working incessantly with the team and his love and commitment to the game. He also played about 15 years in the league and busted ass every shift.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Keeping Track of Coaching Availabilities

The Keefe thing reminds me of Eakins all over
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Did we talk about the SKA coach?

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here, or elsewhere, but his name has popped up, since.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Did we talk about the SKA coach?

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here, or elsewhere, but his name has popped up, since.
    I’d be leery of anyone without North American experience

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    I’d be leery of anyone without North American experience

Your view of non-Americans is well documented.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Your view of non-Americans is well documented.
    Swing and a miss

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast