Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

Thread: Keeping Track of Coaching Availabilities

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    with my wife
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    17

    Keeping Track of Coaching Availabilities

    Could somebody keep us updated on other Coaches getting let go, thus their possibilities of being considered for our Rangers?


    With Planting season starting up would be nice to have it here instead of me having to search for the info.

    Thanks!
    Hidden Content

    The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

  2. #2
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,904
    Rep Power
    394
    Key info on coaching, like say requests to interview, will almost always get a new thread, but yes, we can use this for general info.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #3
    Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    with my wife
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Key info on coaching, like say requests to interview, will almost always get a new thread, but yes, we can use this for general info.
    Hidden Content

    The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

  4. #4
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    772
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman View Post
    Could somebody keep us updated on other Coaches getting let go, thus their possibilities of being considered for our Rangers?
    running list of candidates, feel free to add names

    Current NHL coaches who might become available:
    1. Barry Trotz
    2. Bill Peters
    3. John Tortorella (from the Brooks article)

    Former NHL coaches:

    4. Darryl Sutter
    5. Dan Bylsma
    6. Dave Tippett

    Current AHL coaches:

    7. Sheldon Keefe-Toronto
    8. Jay Leach-Providence
    9. Benoit Groulx-Syracuse
    10. Todd Nelson-Grand Rapids
    11. Dallas Eakins-San Diego
    12. Clark Donatelli-Wilkes Barre
    13. Pascal Vincent-Manitoba
    14. Mike Van Ryn-Tuscon

    Current NHL assistants:

    15. D. J. Smith-Toronto
    16. Dan Muse-Nashville
    17. Kris Knoblauch-Philadelphia
    18. Joe Sacco-Boston

    College/University coaches:

    19. Jim Montgomery-Denver U.
    20. Rick Bennett-Union College
    21. Tony Granato-Wisconsin U.
    22. David Quinn-Boston U.
    23. Nate Leaman-Providence College
    24. Rand Pecknold-Quinnipiac U.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mite Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    running list of candidates, feel free to add names

    Current NHL coaches who might become available:
    1. Barry Trotz
    2. Bill Peters
    3. John Tortorella (from the Brooks article)

    Former NHL coaches:

    4. Darryl Sutter
    5. Dan Bylsma
    6. Dave Tippett

    Current AHL coaches:

    7. Sheldon Keefe-Toronto
    8. Jay Leach-Providence
    9. Benoit Groulx-Syracuse
    10. Todd Nelson-Grand Rapids
    11. Dallas Eakins-San Diego
    12. Clark Donatelli-Wilkes Barre
    13. Pascal Vincent-Manitoba
    14. Mike Van Ryn-Tuscon

    Current NHL assistants:

    15. D. J. Smith-Toronto
    16. Dan Muse-Nashville
    17. Kris Knoblauch-Philadelphia
    18. Joe Sacco-Boston

    College/University coaches:

    19. Jim Montgomery-Denver U.
    20. Rick Bennett-Union College
    21. Tony Granato-Wisconsin U.
    22. David Quinn-Boston U.
    23. Nate Leaman-Providence College
    24. Rand Pecknold-Quinnipiac U.
    If Gorton is into player development, then our best HC will be Dan Bylsma because of what he's done for USA Hockey and what he accomplished (Stanley Cup & Jack Adams in 2008-2009)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,280
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    If Gorton is into player development, then our best HC will be Dan Bylsma because of what he's done for USA Hockey and what he accomplished (Stanley Cup & Jack Adams in 2008-2009)
    Yuck. Maybe our next head coach will hire him as an assistant. He could even be special asst to the head coach to mentor him on the ways of the NHL and also focus on the development of our youth. Hopefully our next head coach will be coaching his first gig in the NHL.

    Great candidates available. We should interview everyone, at least 8 - 10 guys. Fantastic that Gorton moved swiftly with firings and can get the ball rolling.

    I'd certainly bring in Keefe (credit to Phil months ago), Tony Granato, David Quinn, Rick Bennett, Jim Montgomery. I think 31 mentioned Dallas Eakins. He'd be worth an interview and extra DD/scrutiny. Not sure he should get dinged for the mess in Edm. Clark Donatelli might be a consideration.

    A out-of-the-box HC I'd like to make sure we interview is Marco Sturm. The guy was given HC and GM and development responsibilities for the meager German National team and has far exceeded expectations, building an excellent program. He is credited with being an excellent teacher, leader and his players are vocal about how much they like playing for him. he is considered very progressive and has many contacts and experience in the NHL. I like his style, poise, optimism and youth on the bench. His team plays hard too. I think he has an eye for talent and really should be a front runner with Keefe, Granato and maybe one or two others.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 04-11-2018 at 06:22 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mite Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Yuck. Maybe our next head coach will hire him as an assistant. He could even be special asst to the head coach to mentor him on the ways of the NHL and also focus on the development of our youth. Hopefully, our next head coach will be coaching his first gig in the NHL.

    Great candidates available. We should interview everyone, at least 8 - 10 guys. Fantastic that Gorton moved swiftly with firings and can get the ball rolling.

    I'd certainly bring in Keefe (credit to Phil months ago), Tony Granato, David Quinn, Rick Bennett, Jim Montgomery. I think 31 mentioned Dallas Eakins. He'd be worth an interview and extra DD/scrutiny. Not sure he should get dinged for the mess in Edm. Clark Donatelli might be a consideration.

    A out-of-the-box HC I'd like to make sure we interview is Marco Sturm. The guy was given HC and GM and development responsibilities for the meager German National team and has far exceeded expectations, building an excellent program. He is credited with being an excellent teacher, leader and his players are vocal about how much they like playing for him. he is considered very progressive and has many contacts and experience in the NHL. I like his style, poise, optimism, and youth on the bench. His team plays hard too. I think he has an eye for talent and really should be a front-runner with Keefe, Granato and maybe one or two others.
    Sturm is worth a good look at! Plays a style of hockey that we are best at, speed up an down the Ice!

    Also worth a Look at is Anze Kopitar's Father because he built the Slovenian national Hockey team from nothing and now they are an international powerhouse in the Hockey World

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,280
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Sturm is worth a good look at! Plays a style of hockey that we are best at, speed up an down the Ice!

    Also worth a Look at is Anze Kopitar's Father because he built the Slovenian national Hockey team from nothing and now they are an international powerhouse in the Hockey World
    Sturm was always a hockey enthusiast, freak student of the game and went balls out during his career. He loves the game, has a lot of enthusiasm and has the energy to put in the work and eventually be a real good NHL coach. Bring him in and get to know Coach Sturm asap. Gorton must know him from the Bruins, right?

  9. #9
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,080
    Rep Power
    97
    From todays Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts: I know all these names are listed, just throwing out the little blurb, any thoughts on Pascal Vincent?

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...rds-race-ever/

    13. A lot of good names already thrown out there as potential hires for the Rangers, including NCAA Wisconsin’s Tony Granato, AHL Toronto’s Sheldon Keefe and NCAA Denver’s Jim Montgomery. Wonder if they also take a look at AHL Manitoba’s Pascal Vincent, just named the league’s coach of the year. He fits their profile, too.

    You can scratch off Tortorella off the bat, why would he or the NYR want to reunite? Wasnt Lundqvist the reason that Torts got fired?
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 04-11-2018 at 03:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    From todays Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts: I know all these names are listed, just throwing out the little blurb, any thoughts on Pascal Vincent?

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...rds-race-ever/

    13. A lot of good names already thrown out there as potential hires for the Rangers, including NCAA Wisconsin’s Tony Granato, AHL Toronto’s Sheldon Keefe and NCAA Denver’s Jim Montgomery. Wonder if they also take a look at AHL Manitoba’s Pascal Vincent, just named the league’s coach of the year. He fits their profile, too.

    You can scratch off Tortorella off the bat, why would he or the NYR want to reunite? Wasnt Lundqvist the reason that Torts got fired?
    Did you see #14??

    14. There are some wild rumours that Russian national team head coach Oleg Znarok may be coming to North America. His club team is St. Petersburg, current home of Ilya Kovalchuk.
    Has won 3 KHL Championships (2012, 2013, and 2017)

  11. #11
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,825
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Did you see #14??



    Has won 3 KHL Championships (2012, 2013, and 2017)
    Not much parity in the KHL though


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,297
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    From todays Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts: I know all these names are listed, just throwing out the little blurb, any thoughts on Pascal Vincent?

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...rds-race-ever/

    13. A lot of good names already thrown out there as potential hires for the Rangers, including NCAA Wisconsin’s Tony Granato, AHL Toronto’s Sheldon Keefe and NCAA Denver’s Jim Montgomery. Wonder if they also take a look at AHL Manitoba’s Pascal Vincent, just named the league’s coach of the year. He fits their profile, too.

    You can scratch off Tortorella off the bat, why would he or the NYR want to reunite? Wasnt Lundqvist the reason that Torts got fired?
    Also why would CBJ fire him?

    And, yes, rumor has it, Hank got Torts fired -- which I'm still bitter about. Never should a player be above the team. Look at fucking Buffalo. Players got the coach canned, finished dead fucking last.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  13. #13
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    772
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Also why would CBJ fire him?

    And, yes, rumor has it, Hank got Torts fired -- which I'm still bitter about. Never should a player be above the team. Look at fucking Buffalo. Players got the coach canned, finished dead fucking last.
    Torts was as bad to our offense as AV was to our Defense and toughness. Both were terrible at skating good line combos but thank god Torts got torpedo'd

    Our best result was when AV came in with Torts' D system/discipline fresh in their heads combined with the new offense.

    We need a more balanced coach, the floor is yours Gorts

  14. #14
    Senior Member Mite Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Torts was as bad to our offense as AV was to our Defense and toughness. Both were terrible at skating good line combos but thank god Torts got torpedoed

    Our best result was when AV came in with Torts' D system/discipline fresh in their heads combined with the new offense.

    We need a more balanced coach, the floor is yours Gorts
    You are absolutely correct! We need a head coach that can balance our new offense with a new defense, but let's wait and see on the draft in June

  15. #15
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,992
    Rep Power
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Torts was as bad to our offense as AV was to our Defense and toughness. Both were terrible at skating good line combos but thank god Torts got torpedo'd

    Our best result was when AV came in with Torts' D system/discipline fresh in their heads combined with the new offense.

    We need a more balanced coach, the floor is yours Gorts
    Anyone who blames a hc for a teams offense, is irresponsible in how they watch or know hockey. Torts made whipped cream out of shit. His rosters had very little talent, and he was still able to get 40 out of Gabs and almost 30 out of Ryan fuckin Callahan.

    Talent scores goals. Coaches can’t teach that to individuals, it’s something they have or work on to get better. Once the play is in the OZ, they have to figure out how to bury one.

  16. #16
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    772
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Anyone who blames a hc for a teams offense, is irresponsible in how they watch or know hockey. Torts made whipped cream out of shit. His rosters had very little talent, and he was still able to get 40 out of Gabs and almost 30 out of Ryan fuckin Callahan.
    lol then you're either blind or ignorant. It was night and day when AV came in with the same players

    Torts was completely incompetent with the Ranger offense
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 04-12-2018 at 08:39 PM.

  17. #17
    Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    with my wife
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    17
    Good stuff!


    Thanks everyone!
    Hidden Content

    The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

  18. #18
    Senior Member Mite Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    2
    We need a coach like Mike Keenan (without wearing out his welcome or the conflicts with players) a coach that will put discipline in our players hold them accountable and play a fast, in your face type of Hockey because of the season that we earned in the 2017-18 NHL season

  19. #19
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,297
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    We need a coach like Mike Keenan (without wearing out his welcome or the conflicts with players) a coach that will put discipline in our players hold them accountable and play a fast, in your face type of Hockey because of the season that we earned in the 2017-18 NHL season
    I get irrationally pissed off when Mike Keenan’s name is brought up. That was 25 years ago. He was actually a piece of shit who threatened to quit and all the players hated him. We don’t need anything resembling Mike Keenan.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  20. #20
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,904
    Rep Power
    394

    Keeping Track of Coaching Availabilities

    I get annoyed at any retreads. I want a brand new name. A new voice. Keefe. Montgomery. Whomever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •