Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorton: Team Lacked Toughness and Grit; Will Be Addressed

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Gorton: Team Lacked Toughness and Grit; Will Be Addressed

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Deleted Midget Division
    Bring back Avery.

Why do that when you can draft Avery 2.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Why do that when you can draft Avery 2.0?

Tkachuk?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I think it was more that the coach didn't allow players who had those intangibles to activate on them.

Guys like Smith, Miller, Krieder all have a mean streak. They just weren't allowed to play with an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Tkachuk?
    Yessir

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think it was more that the coach didn't allow players who had those intangibles to activate on them.

Guys like Smith, Miller, Krieder all have a mean streak. They just weren't allowed to play with an edge.
    Agreed. AV was a practitioner of the Book of Mark. Kreider and Smith were both chastised publicly by AV after standing up for teammates this season.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

Agree 100%. Team got softer and softer with each season AV was at the helm. I know the game has changed but this is still hockey. I can't even remember the last time a player through a hit on an opponent.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yessir

Agreed. AV was a practitioner of the Book of Mark. Kreider and Smith were both chastised publicly by AV after standing up for teammates this season.

I think a new coach maybe unlock a new level of Vesey we haven't seen yet. Vesey strikes me as a guy that could be annoying as fuck to play against if he was encouraged to be a little chippy, and being allowed to be a little chippy would improve his production.......or maybe he just has an annoying face.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I think a new coach maybe unlock a new level of Vesey we haven't seen yet. Vesey strikes me as a guy that could be annoying as fuck to play against if he was encouraged to be a little chippy, and being allowed to be a little chippy would improve his production.......or maybe he just has an annoying face.
    If you're going to have a hateable rat face, might as well go full rat. IMO, that's how he can have an NHL career. He's not a "skill" guy. He's not going to fill the score sheet. But he can make himself useful on the 3rd line by annoying people. I don't have much use for him otherwise.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    If you're going to have a hateable rat face, might as well go full rat. IMO, that's how he can have an NHL career. He's not a "skill" guy. He's not going to fill the score sheet. But he can make himself useful on the 3rd line by annoying people. I don't have much use for him otherwise.
    Don't have much use for him? He just finished his second season with 17 goals. A new coach, that allows him to 'play his game more' (potentially) and he's 20 goal 40 point guy (potentially). We don't have use for that? You expect to have a top 9 full of 30 goal 60 point scorers?

Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar

Amen!
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

YEP!
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!

Just maybe this Ranger team will get back to being more fun then watching paint dry!
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect

Bingo. It was bred out of them. Both Kreider and Smith were chastised at different times for sticking up for teammates. It was totally gutless coaching.

Don't have much use for him? He just finished his second season with 17 goals. A new coach, that allows him to 'play his game more' (potentially) and he's 20 goal 40 point guy (potentially). We don't have use for that? You expect to have a top 9 full of 30 goal 60 point scorers?
    Let's not get crazy with 40 pts. He had 28pts this season. So, no. I don't have much use for a 28 point player that brings nothing to the game other than the odd goal every 5 games. If he adds another element, like being a pest, that's one thing. But if he continues to try to dangle his way through players shift after shift, he can go.
    GORTON 2020

Well, AV won't be here to play him less than 13 minutes in half the games so yeah, put him on the 3rd line, let him play his game, and he could add a whopping 12 points to his total.

Well, AV won't be here to play him less than 13 minutes in half the games so yeah, put him on the 3rd line, let him play his game, and he could add a whopping 12 points to his total.
    I agree starting the season on the 4th line is a joke from AV but I also think Vesey needs to find that other element to his game or his career won't last. A 28pt skill player isn't a thing. So hopefully someone gets to him and helps him be that rat face rat we all know he can be.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I agree starting the season on the 4th line is a joke from AV but I also think Vesey needs to find that other element to his game or his career won't last. A 28pt skill player isn't a thing. So hopefully someone gets to him and helps him be that rat face rat we all know he can be.
    lol, is that not what I said in the first place?

lol, is that not what I said in the first place?
    lol yes. Without that element though, I have no use for Vesey -- which is all I was saying.
    GORTON 2020

Well goddammit. Agree to agree.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast