Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gorton Press Conference Recap

Senior Member Squirt Division rangers02's Avatar
    Gorton gave AV nothing to work with, by not replacing Derrick Stepan and making questionable trades such as McDonough to Tampa who was our leader on defense, nobody Besides Stall on the defense (Skjei Maybe?)

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Well see in a year or so, then I think it will be fair to give this guy a meaningful grade. If he misses badly on the next coach letting AV go accomplished nothing of significance. It's also not a given the two kids will be impact players next year. They may be further away . Lot's of sitting back and waiting to see how this shakes out over time. Perhaps even the entire next season.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Gorton gave AV nothing to work with, by not replacing Derrick Stepan and making questionable trades such as McDonough to Tampa who was our leader on defense, nobody Besides Stall on the defense (Skjei Maybe?)
    That was this year.

What about the two that came before it?

(PS nothing was questionable about the trades he made this year. We got value)

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    I love Gorton. Not afraid to make the tough desicions when needed and I believe what he says. He sounds like a smart man who knows hockey and knows how to be a leader. I trust in him to do this rebuild right.

So far he has done "everything" right. Bought out G last year when he was terrible, traded Step before his clause kicked in (and we got good value). This season when the season was lost, he did the right (and not easy) thing and traded away some fan favourites and the Captain because it was the right thing to do. Not much to say about the value there either (that Nash trade is fucked up good).

Haven't been this excited about the team since 2013-2014, and thats strange considering we just finished 8th from last.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I totally disagree with the whole Derek Stepan was lord theory. The guy was a shitty skater, not great at all on face offs and as soft as a turd after white castle. Stepan is no savior, I'm sorry. His mom was hot. I'll give you that! ...and to think "Gorton gave AV nothing to work with"???

Come on....

Either you're just trolling or simply not watching.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post

Deleted Midget Division
    Gorts sacrified the coach's options to better the team in the long run. AV isn't a bad coach, he's just not the type of coach that pivots well.

Sometimes you need a guy who knows how to throw fastballs and throw em fast. Sometimes you need more options. AV wasn't good at anything but AV style. It's proven effective before and has taken some teams to places that other teams would have dreamed to get to. But, to blame Gorton for putting the crest about the coach is a bit silly. Returns aside, the concept of evolving into a rebuild was a pill we all needed to swallow, he just did it piecemeal.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I’m just happy they’re rebuilding and not in denial that it needed to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12