Poll: Who wins?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017-18 WCQF | Vegas Golden Knights (P1) v. Los Angeles Kings (WC1)

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Who cares? Die, Kings.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Guys you have to give it to Marc Andre he has been sick this series. He was such an integral part of the Pens last 2 Cups, his role and contributions were way underrated. He's been so amazing the last 3 years. Then he takes his great attitude and performance to expansion land. Never stops smiling as he leads them to a Div title and now possibly a 4 game sweep.

Love the guy, rooting for him.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 04-18-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Well, that's one team that I hate that's eliminated. Great job by VGK.

It’s a fantastic story, but do any of us want to see them win a Cup? Nope. Naddah. Nyet. My hope is that everyone loses and there is no Cup winner this year. That’s right. Sound, rational thinking.

I'd love to see Vegas win. Would be an incredible sports story.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    It would be one of the best things to happen in the NHL, period. Ever.
    As much as I’d love to see NSH or WPG win, I’d love to see VGK win as well.

Fuck the Kings.
    LGR!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Yeah VGK are a nice story however they didnt pay their f'n dues like previous expansion teams. Fans of previous expansion teams/Islanders/Buffalo/Oilers (poor management)/teams that never won the Cup should be pissed off and jealous at the same time b/c of VGK. Vegas was given a great opportunity to field a decent team with the expansion draft. They had a plethora of average to above average players to choose from. Previous expansion drafts teams had crap to choose from, in the 2000 expansion draft teams were able to protect 1 G, 5 D, 9 FWDs whereas in this past expansion draft teams were only able to protect 1 G, 3 D, 7 FWDs. So if we go back to the 2000 draft rules im sure Karlsson, Neal, Haula, Marchessault would have been protected, you take those 4 players who most likely would have been protected by their respective teams, VGK would be a bottom 3rd team.

That's not their problem. If the Wild want to put up a big stink, let them. They didn't pay $500 million to get into the league, either.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Yeah VGK are a nice story however they didnt pay their f'n dues like previous expansion teams. Fans of previous expansion teams/Islanders/Buffalo/Oilers (poor management)/teams that never won the Cup should be pissed off and jealous at the same time b/c of VGK. Vegas was given a great opportunity to field a decent team with the expansion draft. They had a plethora of average to above average players to choose from. Previous expansion drafts teams had crap to choose from, in the 2000 expansion draft teams were able to protect 1 G, 5 D, 9 FWDs whereas in this past expansion draft teams were only able to protect 1 G, 3 D, 7 FWDs. So if we go back to the 2000 draft rules im sure Karlsson, Neal, Haula, Marchessault would have been protected, you take those 4 players who most likely would have been protected by their respective teams, VGK would be a bottom 3rd team.
    Don't lump up Marchessault in that list. FLA screwed the pooch and made him available, while also trading VGK Reilly Smith...
    I don't buy the narrative about how VGK was gifted a team due to the expansion rules either. Teams could protect players, and Vegas got teams' 9th, 10th, or 11th best player.
    The rules were different, sure. But to care about them paying dues? Who cares?

Why must they be subject to mediocrity because they're new?
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;924901]Don't lump up Marchessault in that list. FLA screwed the pooch and made him available, while also trading VGK Reilly Smith...
    I don't buy the narrative about how VGK was gifted a team due to the expansion rules either. Teams could protect players, and Vegas got teams' 9th, 10th, or 11th best player.

This. They paid $500 million dollars for the right to draft a team full of scrubs. Yes, they managed to find a few gems and to take advantage of a couple of clubs, but teams had miles of runway to prepare for this. The idea that expansion teams should have to toil in mediocrity for being new is backwards and sadistic. Even anachronistic.

They paid a heavy price to join the league. Why shouldn't they be forced to start well behind the starting line just because they haven't been here before?

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    There's no team I'd rather win the cup than VGK.

Senior Member Mite Division rangers02's Avatar
    LAK, your tee time awaits you! Fore! Enjoy the sweep!

Senior Member Mite Division rangers02's Avatar
    VGK

I hear you guys, it is the best storyline, but still...

If I had my druthers it will be anyone but an eastern team.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Don't lump up Marchessault in that list. FLA screwed the pooch and made him available, while also trading VGK Reilly Smith...

They also got good players due to the cap. Neal and MAF aren't exactly slouches....

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Yeah, it's not your older brothers expansion draft. Cap changes everything.

I didn't see them pick a Denny Lambert and Randy Cunneyworth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123