Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers’ Coaching Options Now That Vigneault Is Axed

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Define superstar. I would consider Bobrovsky and Panarin as extremely high end talent. Panarin better than any forward the Rangers have had since Jagr.
    He was considered a product of playing with Kane, which is part of the reason he was traded. He had a terrible start and Torts stuck with him. He's not a superstar. He's good. But he's excelled playing a larger role in Columbus.
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Panarin, Jones and Bob are certainly star players.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    He was considered a product of playing with Kane, which is part of the reason he was traded. He had a terrible start and Torts stuck with him. He's not a superstar. He's good. But he's excelled playing a larger role in Columbus.
    They didn’t want to pay him big bucks, and lockerroom voices were bff with Saad.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

//reported Junior Division
    To say that Panarin isn’t a star or was propped up by Kane isn’t accurate. He’s continued to excel on his team without playing with Kane.
    LGR!

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Panarin wasn't able to make a difference in the latter part of the series, but he certainly opened my eyes. Watching the playoffs without the Rangers as a focus and distraction has exposed me to just how good a lot of players who I wasn't that familiar with are, and it has been sobering. Bottom line: you can debate Panarin but you can't dispute that he's better than any forward that we have.

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    He had 82 points in 81 games and 7 points in 6 playoff games. Ofcourse he's a star. Same with Bob, Jones and soon Werenski.

Coaches in Syracuse Crunch-Toronto series could soon be bench bosses in NHL

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/index...es_in_nhl.html

Keefe is in his third year running the Marlies, and this season took the team to the best points percentage in the AHL (.737). His name has been bandied about for openings with Dallas and the New York Rangers.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    As general manager Jeff Gorton continues the search to replace Alain Vigneault behind the Rangers bench, one source close to Jim Montgomery has told The Post that the team “has been very impressed” by the Denver University coach.

A second source familiar with the interview process confirmed that assessment.

Montgomery, who will turn 49 on June 30, appeared to the front-runner for the Florida job last year before taking himself out of the running. The Panthers then hired Bob Boughner. The Post has learned that Montgomery last year also rejected an offer from the Kings to join their staff as an assistant after hiring John Stevens to replace Darryl Sutter as head coach.

“He’s had numerous NHL interviews,” the original source said via text. “[He’s] very well respected.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/05/01/ranger...college-coach/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Montgomery is credited with nicknaming the dominant line of John LeClair, Eric Lindros, and Mikael Renberg the "Legion of Doom".[1]
    sweet.

https://twitter.com/GOHUSKIESWOOOOO/...959232/video/1

Here’s what happened between Coach Motzko & I️- we agreed to have a Miller Lite & he said because “it’s less filling” and I️ said “it tastes great”, it quickly got heated
    — Jim Montgomery (@DUCoachMonty) November 14, 2017

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    OK, hire this guy

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Seems to be a few good quality coaches-to-be out there!! I think our timing on ridding ourselves AV was seemingly good so far! Holy shit, am I looking forward to rooting for this team again!!!! I missed it the last 2 years.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    OK, hire this guy
    I have a really hard time seeing how this guy would move to New York City

"“I don’t even know if I would leave for an NHL coaching job,” Montgomery said recently. “The ability to win and live the quality of life for my family — the quality of life of being a good husband and dad, compared to an NHL coach — factors into that, plus the fact that we’re getting the (new) locker-room done. We love living here in Colorado, and it would have to take an incredible situation to leave here. Those things don’t come around very often.”"

- Jim Montgomery
    Jim Montgomery, Denver Pioneers coach, might be in demand by NHL – The Denver Post

HNIC BSBH Legend
    An incredible situation... There's nothing more incredible than living in New York for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    An incredible situation... There's nothing more incredible than living in New York for some people.
    That can go both ways too. Denver is beautiful and more affordable (I assume) than NYC.
    And if you like mountains and outdoorsy shit, then Denver > NYC.
    If you like clean air, then Denver > NYC.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;926576]That can go both ways too. Denver is beautiful and more affordable (I assume) than NYC.
    And if you like mountains and outdoorsy shit, then Denver > NYC.
    If you like clean air, then Denver > NYC.
    "More affordable". For you and I? Yeah.

NHL coaches probably average around $2.5M in salary these days.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    "More affordable". For you and I? Yeah.

NHL coaches probably average around $2.5M in salary these days.
    I understand your point. But if you believe that, then you can't believe that someone would sign in Florida because of the tax advantages. Maybe those two aren't the same exact kind of thing, but to them, it's still money.
    2.5M in Denver goes a lot further than 2.5M in NYC.
    2.5M taxed in NY is completely different than 2.5M taxed in FL, right?
    LGR!

Yes, but none of it, IMO, would meet the minimum bar to qualify for "affordability" issues. They're living large regardless of their choices.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I suppose.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    I understand your point. But if you believe that, then you can't believe that someone would sign in Florida because of the tax advantages. Maybe those two aren't the same exact kind of thing, but to them, it's still money.
    2.5M in Denver goes a lot further than 2.5M in NYC.
    2.5M taxed in NY is completely different than 2.5M taxed in FL, right?
    They estimate his current salary at 300k, so I dont think the taxes are going to be much of an issue relative to the raise.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast