Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Rangers’ Coaching Options Now That Vigneault Is Axed

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think you put way too much stock into your personal experience with tickets.

Fact is they don't need to cater to middle class because NYC is an upper class city. Your seats were likely sold before you hung up with your rep.

Games are always sold out....attendance is another story.
    Ok fine. Does the last century of ranger management have any relevance? I’m not saying it’s going to happen. I’m just saying Nobody really knows what they are doing. ThAt is probably a good thing as long as they know. Which it more than likely seems they are going to dip their toes all over the place and let the results determine their path rather than having a clear determined course.

Don’t kid yourself into thinking this organization or owner isn’t caught up in being a marquee or having a player to sell.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I just hope Gorton resists the quick fix and sets out to do this the right way. Just tired of signing the guys starting on the south side of their careers for big money and never quite getting over the top.

For once in my life i'd like to see this thing built the right way. young talent and add the bid ticket when its strategic to do so. this strategy seems to be working fine in the Bronx at the moment.

A Fucking expansion team in year 1 is about to win the same cup the rangers win every 100 years. The success is overwhelming. How could anybody have a negative thought about a Jim Dolan owned sports team? Crazy

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Sure hope Quinn speaks Russian or he's destined to fail. Pretty sure signing college coaches has had mixed results at best. Philly fans for the most part don't think highly of Hakstol.

Would much rather roll the dice with Keefe.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

5 years 12 million

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Well Montgomery who spoke to him directly took it as they didn’t know what they wanted to do.

As far as Dallas. They at least have a solid plan. They have an idea of what they need and want to do.

The rangers it seems might want to sign Tavares and trade for Karlsson, naw, let’s draft and develop. Wait maybe draft and bring in Kovy and jvr do maybe we sneak into the playoffs.
    Let’s send a letter out to the fans saying one thing then tell our franchise goalie that we are still trying to win.

There is something everyone here needs to remember. This teams ticket prices are the highest in the league. Single game face value you can’t get in for less than $100. This team cannot just throw what they did at the end of the season on the ice. They took a heap of shit from the season ticket holders this summer. I know because I gave it to them and dropped my seats. My rep told me that it was a common theme, the middle class fan has no place having tickets.

I believe the hockey people want to rebuild. The money people want a new shinny toy to sell.
    So Montgomery not wanting to move far from the midwest, was just a polite excuse? If the real reason he choose Dallas is because we seem unclear or uncertain about the plan going forward, that is troubling and unexpected.

Before being too critical, one must consider that you can only control what is in your control. If the plan is flexible because we are not going to overpay in a trade or that our FA target(s) could choose to go elsewhere that makes sense. There may be multiple variations of a plan, depending upon how certain things shake out. Or a plan B and/or C.

That said, mgmt should still be able to convey a coherent, fleshed-out and well-reasoned plan. One that isn't reliant on any immediate acquisition of a star or addition of a specific piece. If we plan on trading a few of our older players and/or RFAs, but are unsure who, that's OK. It actually makes sense to talk to teams that have assets we want and see which of the RFAs (or Zucc, Shatty, etc) the trading partner is interested in.

What is not OK is if they are vacillating and being indecisive or unclear.
    Or if the plan conflicts with itself or the decision makers are not all on the same page.
    Or if they are relying on making many of the decisions by the seat of their pants.

Sather and Dolan have operated without real discipline, in the past. If any of these are an issue, our chances of building a serious Cup contender drops significantly. Honestly, it is kind of depressing to consider.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 05-19-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    So Montgomery not wanting to move far from the midwest, was just a polite excuse? If the real reason he choose Dallas is because we seem unclear or uncertain about the plan going forward, that is troubling and unexpected.

Before being too critical, one must consider that you can only control what is in your control. If the plan is flexible because we are not going to overpay in a trade or that our FA target(s) could choose to go elsewhere that makes sense. There may be multiple variations of a plan, depending upon how certain things shake out. Or a plan B and/or C.

That said, mgmt should still be able to convey a coherent, fleshed-out and well-reasoned plan. One that isn't reliant on any immediate acquisition of a star or addition of a specific piece. If we plan on trading a few of our older players and/or RFAs, but are unsure who, that's OK. It actually makes sense to talk to teams that have assets we want and see which of the RFAs (or Zucc, Shatty, etc) the trading partner is interested in.

What is not OK is if they are vacillating and being indecisive or unclear.
    Or if the plan conflicts with itself or the decision makers are not all on the same page.
    Or if they are relying on making many of the decisions by the seat of their pants.

Sather and Dolan have operated without real discipline, in the past. If any of these are an issue, our chances of building a serious Cup contender drops significantly. Honestly, it is kind of depressing to consider.
    This is exactly the point. It’s not being negative just to be negative. There is no standard thought to what the rangers are up to. While yes that is a good thing keeping your cards to yourself from your competition. It becomes worrisome when a coaching candidate they were high on conveys a lack of direction when discussing taking the job. Then add in the leak of Quinn not being interested at first you have to wonder why. There are red flags here. Hopefully it is me just being negative. What I can say is that the whole rebuild on the fly horseshit was just that from day 1. It’s a rebuild there will be pain, either embrace it and build or half ass it and extend the pain. Of course nothing is guaranteed. And of course if success is being competitive than rebuild on the fly. If success is winning a cup then just rebuild.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    From my insider bud: Dave Quinn is your new Rangers Coach. 5 years; $12 mill.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    It was on twitter 4 hours ago
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Your insider is a little late

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    If it's Quinn, god I hope he gets rid of Ruff and brings in his own crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sexxxy beast Pee-Wee Division skunkman's Avatar
    If it is Quinn then why did it take so long? At least keefe is still in the playoffs and that was why I was hoping it was him.

Why this long of being silent if just for Quinn?
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik
    "well, women do have a higher tolerance for pain than skunks"

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I was late reading my buddy’s message...sorry boys.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    So without perusing this whole thread, please enlighten me on the new supposed coach? Are we happy with this decision?

Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    So without perusing this whole thread, please enlighten me on the new supposed coach? Are we happy with this decision?
    Quinn, Coach for BU! And he was my second choice but I think he will do great.
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Seriously this, all this guy does is complain
    Nah, Fatty makes good points in many of his posts. He is easy to have a dialog with. Even when he disagrees passionately, he focuses on the arguments.

So what if he is currently more skeptical of mgmt or Dolan than others, diversity is fine. We can handle a little negativity or pessimism. It comes with the territory. It is tough to build a Cup Champion.

Individuals can get more vocal/opinionated about certain issues and come from diff experiences. If someone is going over the top on something, why can't we call it out in a more light way, instead of demeaning the individual. Someone even needs to point out various people as "adding nothing" or rudely dismissing another great contributor with a "Next". That is what I call miserable.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 05-19-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    "Quinn spent the past five seasons as the Terriers head man, going 105-68-21 with two Hockey East regular-season titles and a 2015 Beanpot championship. The Rhode Island-native was named Hockey East Coach of the Year in 2015 while making the NCAA Tournament in each of his last five seasons."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...nhl/625195002/

"Quinn spent the past five seasons as the Terriers head man, going 105-68-21 with two Hockey East regular-season titles and a 2015 Beanpot championship. The Rhode Island-native was named Hockey East Coach of the Year in 2015 while making the NCAA Tournament in each of his last five seasons."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...nhl/625195002/
    He was also an AHL coach before that, anyone know how he did in the AHL?
    Hidden Content

The Skunk Has Spoken!

There is no denying Quinn did a good job putting BU back on the map as a big time college hockey mecca. The competition was getting fierce in New England and BU seemed like it was struggling before Quinn. Obviously, he must be a decent recruiter. He has brought some players along nicely.

I watched a bunch of BU games this year and prior years, but it is hard to describe a style. I'd say he teaches defensive responsibility, team concept and you don't see players free lance. He is a vocal and somewhat charismatic leader, seems fine with physical play and can be tough on his players, but never out of control.

He is old enough, seasoned and poised, which should help handle the NY pressure. I'm excited, but not sure why the team determined not to interview Keefe. Cause he was under contract, said one report? Yeah buried behind Babcock. Wonder if someone didn't want to wait till June?

He is also known as a coach who likes to teach and drill skills in practice and in innovative ways. This should be a good thing. His approach is very different from AV in many ways. He won't let the locker room run itself.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast