Thread: World History Had AV Been Fired Back on Oct. 31

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar

World History Had AV Been Fired Back on Oct. 31

We all remember when AV was supposedly a game away from being fired when, on October 31st, the Rangers roared back with four third period goals against Vegas to apparently save him. What if the Rangers had fired AV back during the terrible start? I think the majority of you may think the season and the sell off would have proceeded about the same way. I'm not so sure. I think a coach who insisted on better defensive coverage would have avoided the worst of the January melt down that set the Rangers on the sell off course. The sell off may have occurred after the season.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    We all remember when AV was supposedly a game away from being fired when, on October 31st, the Rangers roared back with four third period goals against Vegas to apparently save him. What if the Rangers had fired AV back during the terrible start? I think the majority of you may think the season and the sell off would have proceeded about the same way. I'm not so sure. I think a coach who insisted on better defensive coverage would have avoided the worst of the January melt down that set the Rangers on the sell off course. The sell off may have occurred after the season.
    Which would have been horrible. No one overpays at the draft, and we may have finished higher.