Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Hires AV Next?

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Who Hires AV Next?

He's a good coach with a strong veteran group who can handle themselves and are close to a Cup. Before Chicago announced they were bringing Q back I thought they might be a landing spot. Does Montréal finally come full circle despite not really being close to a Cup?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I think it will be really hard for him to find a new job. League has him figured out.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Oh, same as Quenneville, I guess.

Worst case, he's got two years to figure it out. His extension kicks in for next year, so he'll be set for a while if he decides to wait it out.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    He’ll be hired by the Caps after they lose to the pens.
    GORTON 2020

swamped Midget Division
    i think yeo starts next year as coach of the blues, but if they flounder, look out. with all the talent on that team unbelievable they missed the playoffs. av might end up in st. louis.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Yeah, if ever there was an AV-made team, it's the Caps.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Playoffs will tel.. we’ll see who’s the early exit this year and I think we have a decent hiring candidate

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Why would they hire another guy who can't win?

He's 10th in wins in the history of the NHL.

"... why do you have to slag some guy just because he's on the way out of town..."

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    He's 10th in wins in the history of the NHL.

"... why do you have to slag some guy just because he's on the way out of town..."
    I love how you consitently use quotes completey out of context. It's quite a schtick.

AV is 14th in wins. Trotz is 7th with about 100 more.

Point being AV can't get his teams over the hump, and neither can Trotz, so how is AV an improvement?

Ok, you're right. It's their shortcomings as coaches, not the other roster, or the random nature of a playoff series, that has stopped them from winning a cup in their limited opportunities.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Here we go with the nonsense again.

If you don't think that AV is part of the problem, then you and him are the only 2.

I didn't put out Nick Holden to defend a lead in Ottawa when he was playing the worst hockey of his career, and sit Skjei when he was playing the best hockey of his.... But sure, blame me.

Blame you? Who is blaming you?

I don't want AV here any more either, but to say that he'll never get a team over the hump, which I assume means winning a SC, isn't fair.

Is a legitimate criticism. In the same way it is for the Caps and OV as well. Until you do it.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Well he's 0 for 2 and a lot of it is by his own doing, so I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt, unless he changes something about himself...Which he doesn't seem to think he needs to do...Based on his post game comments yesterday.

Agreed. In could still see veteran teams looking at his positives and thinking he could be a great short-term option.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Yeah, I'm not defending him in the firing, his post game comments were pretty crazy, and I don't want him around this team who I think need to get back to basics.

But, for a team in mid-life, so to speak, who want to change in a different direction all together, AV will be on their shortlist.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I've seen Calgary thrown about.

I could see Montreal or Ottawa - factoring in the whole Francophone thing.

I can't imagine Ottawa would come anywhere near his asking price. He's due more than $8M over the next two seasons, but that number drops to zero in the event he signs with another club. Low-ball clubs like Carolina and Ottawa aren't going to be able to meet his demands.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast