Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McKenzie: AV Has Been Fired

Junior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Good. He seemingly hung himself with those bizarre post-game comments, but this needed to happen regardless.

Bring me Sheldon Keefe.
    The Brooks list didn't exactly leave me giddy with possibility. I'm always wary about throwing somebody from a lower level into the MSG pressure cooker. There is an NHL learning curve. But Keefe is pretty interesting. Bought his own junior team to get started. Success at each level. AHL is better than college and worked under the glare in Toronto.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jamsim67's Avatar
    Av is not the right man going forward, but I don't believe he really wanted to come back anyway, and his postgame talk was just talk. At this point in his career, I seriously doubt he wants to be part of what may be a long rebuild.

Senior Member Mite Division Gravesy's Avatar
    Sheldon Keefe excites me. Seems like exactly the type of appointment we should be looking at.
    Young, ambitious, with fresh and modern ideas and obviously able to work with and relate to young players. Of course it’s a risk, but the last thing we need is a safe pair of hands. Why go through the painful process of a rebuild only to hand the reigns to one of the old boys who’ll come in, go through the motions and do the same shite they’ve been doing the last 25 years? Fuck that.
    I’m aware heads are on the line with this appointment, but to be fair Gorton’s head is on the block with this rebuild and we might as well do it properly.

Junior Member Mite Division ASH1962's Avatar
    AV was a good coach for us, but in how many games, over how many years, did we see the Rangers get pinned in the D Zone for minutes at a time, only to be rescued by the goaltender, or not be rescued and surrender goals? His lack of flexibility with players and refusal to play tough was definitely his undoing. I wish him well in wherever he lands, one of the games gentlemen, but a change was definitely needed.

//reported Junior Division
    Yay!!!!
    LGR!

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Today is a day we can truly rejoice! Fuck AV

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    While Im glad he is gone, I also worry about who they bring in. This is going to be an interesting summer for the team, hopefully they make the right choices. Gorton is now under the microscope to make this team better, or else he will need to go next. Im still on the fence with him as well.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    I wonder how many moving boxes AV will need for his gum supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    This is the right decision, but we are going to miss this guy. I am happy because he has proven to mishandle young players which is what we will have, but AV is a smart, fair coach and we will miss his skill. Just remember the difference in our game when he came in after Torts. It was a breath of fresh air. I hope the feeling is the same about the next person but I don’t think it will be.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I honestly thought he would be back. Not that i wanted him back, but I was worried the organization was brain washed into entrusting him with the entire franchise..

Glady didn't waste any time. Extensions for Ranger coaches seem to be something that triggers the team into sucktatude.

Not excited about amy of these names. Funny seeing Rick Bennett as an option. Failed former prospect of the organization.
    Last edited by The Dude; 04-08-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Looking for someone who's defensive system doesn't consist of protecting a one goal lead with a defensive zone fire drill praying your goalie will stand on his head. Also, if said goalie is run, say, in A Stanley Cup Final, damn the penalty, somebody is getting punched in the face and the refs are going to hear about it. Don't cry for James Dolan's new $2 million per guitar roadie.

Understand; Tortarella went too far berating his players. But especially with the young players that will be here next year, need someone way more hands on.

One in house name; Jim Schoenfeld. Lives in Manhattan, knows all the young guys, and has a serious red ass streak when appropriate. Had a nice history turning a young Devils team into a playoff contender. But that is a very long time ago, and may be he prefers to be part of the organization rather than Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg in February. Along the same lines, expect to hear rumblings about MSL and Drury, again, because they're already here anyway.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    It was inevitable. Vigneault would never get in line with what the organization is trying to do. He had to go.

I'm curious to see what happens to the rest of this staff. Arniel, Ruff, and Williams are all still listed as being part of the front office.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Sutter could be fun.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Fun and Sutter do not, under any circumstances, belong in the same sentence. LOL.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Could you imagine a full season of Sutter interviews? I'd want to kill myself

Sutter makes Babcock look like Steve "I love this COMPANY!" Ballmer.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Sutter won cups with a team very different from one that we will ever have. He ended up with a team in open rebellion, locking him out of the room. I'll pass.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Exactly, that's why he's awesome. He has a blank slate and could teach these guys a lot. Once he becomes onerous you move on, that's how these things work.

Sutter won with a team of vets. He's not a rebuild coach. In fact, it was the same in Calgary.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Time for an analytics guy, which is trendy in this town right now

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast