Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Gorton mentioned kicking the tires on a few teams to see if they can move up. I wonder how high they’ll be looking to go. It’ll be interesting to say the least. I expect a big move though. Whether it’s Zucc or a pick, I think the Rangers will be very active.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    If they trade for a higher pick I hope they hang onto their #9. I would rather see them trade both of the other 1st rounders for another top 10 pick. We need some quantity, but not as badly as we need quality.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    9th + 28+30 could be very underwhelming
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    If they trade for a higher pick I hope they hang onto their #9. I would rather see them trade both of the other 1st rounders for another top 10 pick. We need some quantity, but not as badly as we need quality.
    I don't see how they can pull that off. In all likelihood, moving up from nine means packaging nine with at least one of BOS/TBL picks.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't see how they can pull that off. In all likelihood, moving up from nine means packaging nine with at least one of BOS/TBL picks.
    Or a player.

Bet Montreal would love Zibanejad
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Or a player.

Bet Montreal would love Zibanejad
    Hayes/Vesey and #9. Where does that get us?
    GORTON 2020

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Not more than they'd love building around Zadina or Svechnikov, I doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Junior Member Mite Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    I think they’ll be very active and aggressive trying to move up. Gorton knows that in all likelihood they won’t have the abundance of picks and tradeable roster players he has now in the future, and also that it’s unlikely they land in the top-3 to 5 on their own.

The question is, what’s enough to convince one of those teams in top-5 to come off a pick up there.

Does their pick at 9, plus another 1st rounder, plus either a 2nd rounder or a roster piece get it done?

Also, I wouldn’t mind if they held onto the pick at 9 and tried to put together a package to grab another pick in top-15

Senior Member Junior Division
    Only way a team in the top 3 trades with the Rangers is if they get #9 and Kreider/Buch or one of Chytil/Andersson/Shestyorkin.

I don’t get why they have to trade up at all. Is Tkachuk a significantly better player than say wahlstrom? For a team like the rangers who have lots of needs wouldn’t say wahlstrom and Noel/Wilde/merkley be better than 1 guy say Tkachuk or Zadina? To me if it’s not about right now I want multiple shots at a deep draft not less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Only way a team in the top 3 trades with the Rangers is if they get #9 and Kreider/Buch or one of Chytil/Andersson/Shestyorkin.
    I could see that. You’d want an established roster piece in addition to a top pick if you’re dealing a pick in top 3-5. While I’m not necessarily advocating a trade of Kreider, but I don’t think it’s a ridiculous thought to move him. Love his ability, but he should be a 30 G 55-60 point player and he isn’t. And he’s 400 games into his career and about to turn 27.
    While I see why people feel he hasn’t hit his ceiling yet, it’s entirely possible he has. And while his size and speed are wonderful, he’s not a great shooter nor does he have great hands around the net. While it’s still possible he finds another level, I’m not so sure he does.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Kreider isn't in the same sentence as Buch, Andersson or Chytil in terms of a high end prospect package...or the future of the team for that matter.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I'd do it for Svechnikov.

Buch - Chytil - Svech

Here's the mock draft from the nhl.com crew: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-mock-dr...?tid=277764372

I think the TSN one is closer to how it'll pan out, but this one is interesting in that it takes into account the certain amount of curveballs that usually occur when teams don't pick according to the scout report.

A couple of points:
    - Morreale reckons we pick Barrett Hayton in 9th. Surely there is no chance of us doing that when he's got Wahlstrom and Kotkaniemi available at that point.
    - Can't see Boqvist being available at 9th
    - I don't think we'll go for Serron Noel either

So in short I disagree with all 3 picks they have for us.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Here's the mock draft from the nhl.com crew: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-mock-dr...?tid=277764372

I think the TSN one is closer to how it'll pan out, but this one is interesting in that it takes into account the certain amount of curveballs that usually occur when teams don't pick according to the scout report.

A couple of points:
    - Morreale reckons we pick Barrett Hayton in 9th. Surely there is no chance of us doing that when he's got Wahlstrom and Kotkaniemi available at that point.
    - Can't see Boqvist being available at 9th
    - I don't think we'll go for Serron Noel either

So in short I disagree with all 3 picks they have for us.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. I dont want any of them. I would rather take any of the 3 they picked for Oilers (Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi). Why the fuck would we take Noel at #9? I cant see any mock drafts where he's lower then 20. 53p in 62 games in OHL and 0-1-1 in 5 playoff games, hard pass.

I love noel but not at 9

Boqvist won’t be available past 5 or 6. And there will likely be a player better than Hayton still available at 9 if they stay there.

Noel is a risky pick anywhere above the early-to-mid-20’s. Love his size and has good speed and skating for a big man, but not a great shot or great hands. Looks like a bit of a project player. They already made that mistake with McIlrath.

If Wahlstrom is around at 9, or they get through the top-5/6 picks and he’s there, then maybe they try to move up a few picks to grab him. That may be the more likely scenario.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    There's a lot of gems in the 9-20 area. The more I read in to it, the more I'm ready just to make the #9 pick and use on of the others ++ to get up in the 15ish area.

I really want Kravtsov. I think he's a top 10 in this draft that won't go in the top 10.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I'm seeing Serron Noel now, too, in that #9 area.

Nope, that's a project and a half.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast