Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Senior Member Squirt Division rmc51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    The leverage he has is that the team wants to get him locked up for as long a term at as low of a cap hit as possible. Trouba is not an example you want to follow. Hold out followed by going to arbitration and taking the arbitrator's deal...he's sure to leave in UFA. That's not how you treat a player you should be building around.

I expect signings this week before we get to arbitration. At least two.
    Well he didn't want to be there (supposedly). So apparently he's content with just arbitration. I'd like to think Skjei wants to be here and will not want to go to arbitration - again giving leverage to the team in negotiations.
    Last edited by rmc51; 07-23-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Content with arbitration? He has no choice. Until he hits UFA and bounces. It's in the teams' best interest to show good faith to the player.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Content with arbitration? He has no choice. Until he hits UFA and bounces. It's in the teams' best interest to show good faith to the player.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    He only had no choice if the Jets never offered him a contract. I'd find that hard to believe.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Trouba held out 2 years ago wanting 6m a year. Not sure how he’s a good example of anything. He’s wanted to forgo his elc and arbitrary years and get right to getting paid. Kind of like Mcdavid. Big difference is he’s not Mcdavid.

Not sure how either of you got "Trouba is a good example to follow" out of what I wrote. It was an example of a player with no leverage choosing arbitration rather than whatever contract the team is offering.

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Montour signed for 3.38M for 2 years. Shouldn’t Skjei come in somewhere around that cap hit?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Somewhere around that, probably a little higher. Skjei actually had a better first year and has played 169 NHL games vs Montour's 107.

If they for some reason go with 2 years I think he'll get 4m. If they start buying UFA years the AAV will be higher.

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Question then is Skjei as good as his first season or as bad as last season? I’m thinking somewhere in between which should be around 4M a season?

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    Question then is Skjei as good as his first season or as bad as last season? I’m thinking somewhere in between which should be around 4M a season?

It like what we saw with Kevin Hayes and I'm expecting more of what we saw of the first year with Sjkei
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435