Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 605

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

  1. #321
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,295
    Rep Power
    249
    My first mock draft (1-20)

    https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/59599

    Round 1
    1. Rasmus Dahlin (Buffalo Sabres) (Details: Obviously).
    2. Andrei Svechnikov (Carolina Hurricanes).
    3. Filip Zadina (Montreal Canadiens).
    4. Adam Boqvist (Ottawa Senators) (Details: offensive-dman replacement with a ton of potential).
    5. Quinton Hughes (Arizona Coyotes) (Details: Perfect fit to go with their young group of dynamic forwards).
    6. Evan Bouchard (Detroit Red Wings).
    7. Noah Dobson (Vancouver Canucks) (Details: Good skating dman with good offensive potential their system lacks).
    8. Brady Tkachuk (Chicago Blackhawks) (Details: Get "lucky" with Tkachuk falling... but most teams already knew this was going to happen.).
    9. Oliver Wahlstrom (New York Rangers) (Details: Future goal scorer theyve been looking for).
    10. Ryan Merkley (Edmonton Oilers) (Details: why not).
    11. Joseph Veleno (New York Islanders) (Details: Hoping he can eventually help fill the void after JT leaves this summer.).
    12. Ty Smith (New York Islanders from Calgary Flames) (Details: Stable backliner.).
    13. Joel Farabee (Dallas Stars) (Details: A good complement to their current roster and prospect pool).
    14. Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Philadelphia Flyers from St. Louis Blues) (Details: Seems to be their type of player.).
    15. Bode Wilde (Florida Panthers).
    16. Rasmus Kupari (Colorado Avalanche).
    17. Akil Thomas (New Jersey Devils).
    18. Ryan McLeod (Columbus Blue Jackets).
    19. Calen Addison (Philadelphia Flyers).
    20. Isac Lundeström (Los Angeles Kings).
    21. Barrett Hayton (San Jose Sharks).
    22. Jared McIsaac (Ottawa Senators from Pittsburgh Penguins).

    CapFriendly.com User-Generated Mock-Draft
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #322
    Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,536
    Rep Power
    19
    No way both Tkachuk and Walhstrom falls to 8 and 9, would be sweet, but probably both will be taken before Hawks pick.

    I read somewhere that Oilers were willing to trade the #10 for a D. Klefbom, 10# for Risto was mentioned on Twitter (lol). Makes me think we maybe rushed it With McD if we could get a deal done with Chiarelli instead of Yz.

  3. #323
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,958
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    No way both Tkachuk and Walhstrom falls to 8 and 9, would be sweet, but probably both will be taken before Hawks pick.

    I read somewhere that Oilers were willing to trade the #10 for a D. Klefbom, 10# for Risto was mentioned on Twitter (lol). Makes me think we maybe rushed it With McD if we could get a deal done with Chiarelli instead of Yz.
    Outside of Nurse (and maybe Klef, if he bounces back), they need help all over the blueline. However, the Oil are desperate to add a winger who can play some O with McDavid. They seem fixated on that issue. They finally seemed to realize that a Pat Maroon, in that role, is pretty fuckin stupid.

    We talked before about the teams who would be inclined to trade a high pick to get better immediately. Teams who've had inordinate amount of high picks and are getting impatient. Basically the Sabres and Oilers. Well, the Sabres fell into Dahlin, which is the one pick they won't trade. However, the Oiler's 10th pick may be traded to fill one of the roster needs mentioned.

    IMO, Zuc and/or Spooner would improve their O. Maybe they'd be interested in an Dman like Shatty too. How about upgrading our Tampa pick. Add a 3rd or two to balance things out. Maybe the devil's 2nd if they only want 1 roster player. If the pick was 8th instead of 10th, I'd press very hard, since I believe the top 9 are on a different tier.

    It never hurts to explore a deal with Chiarelli.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 05-18-2018 at 11:06 AM.

  4. #324
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,155
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    No way both Tkachuk and Walhstrom falls to 8 and 9, would be sweet, but probably both will be taken before Hawks pick.

    I read somewhere that Oilers were willing to trade the #10 for a D. Klefbom, 10# for Risto was mentioned on Twitter (lol). Makes me think we maybe rushed it With McD if we could get a deal done with Chiarelli instead of Yz.
    I would bet my next paycheck that Edmonton was one of the 10 teams that McD had on his No Trade Clause

  5. #325
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,155
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    My first mock draft (1-20)

    https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/59599

    Round 1
    1. Rasmus Dahlin (Buffalo Sabres) (Details: Obviously).
    2. Andrei Svechnikov (Carolina Hurricanes).
    3. Filip Zadina (Montreal Canadiens).
    4. Adam Boqvist (Ottawa Senators) (Details: offensive-dman replacement with a ton of potential).
    5. Quinton Hughes (Arizona Coyotes) (Details: Perfect fit to go with their young group of dynamic forwards).
    6. Evan Bouchard (Detroit Red Wings).
    7. Noah Dobson (Vancouver Canucks) (Details: Good skating dman with good offensive potential their system lacks).
    8. Brady Tkachuk (Chicago Blackhawks) (Details: Get "lucky" with Tkachuk falling... but most teams already knew this was going to happen.).
    9. Oliver Wahlstrom (New York Rangers) (Details: Future goal scorer theyve been looking for).
    10. Ryan Merkley (Edmonton Oilers) (Details: why not).
    11. Joseph Veleno (New York Islanders) (Details: Hoping he can eventually help fill the void after JT leaves this summer.).
    12. Ty Smith (New York Islanders from Calgary Flames) (Details: Stable backliner.).
    13. Joel Farabee (Dallas Stars) (Details: A good complement to their current roster and prospect pool).
    14. Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Philadelphia Flyers from St. Louis Blues) (Details: Seems to be their type of player.).
    15. Bode Wilde (Florida Panthers).
    16. Rasmus Kupari (Colorado Avalanche).
    17. Akil Thomas (New Jersey Devils).
    18. Ryan McLeod (Columbus Blue Jackets).
    19. Calen Addison (Philadelphia Flyers).
    20. Isac Lundeström (Los Angeles Kings).
    21. Barrett Hayton (San Jose Sharks).
    22. Jared McIsaac (Ottawa Senators from Pittsburgh Penguins).

    CapFriendly.com User-Generated Mock-Draft
    From everything I've seen, most people are thinking Merkley as a late first rounder. You think he moves up the draft board that much?

  6. #326
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,295
    Rep Power
    249
    I don't think Edmonton was looking to add at the deadline, especially not for prospects.

    Also don't think they're trading Klefbom, but stranger things have happened.

    If I had a guarantee we were getting Tavares and Kovalchuk, I'd float the idea of Kreider/Zibs for 10th + Klef (pauses to wonder if I should submit post or not)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  7. #327
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,295
    Rep Power
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    From everything I've seen, most people are thinking Merkley as a late first rounder. You think he moves up the draft board that much?
    You cant dispute his skating or his offensive abilities. He could emerge as the highest scoring dman of this class... is that enough to overlook his defense deficiencies?
    "Defense wins championships" is out. I think we could see a team like Edmonton jumping at that opportunity, based on their current assets. A high risk/extremely high reward pick.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #328
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,155
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You cant dispute his skating or his offensive abilities. He could emerge as the highest scoring dman of this class... is that enough to overlook his defense deficiencies?
    "Defense wins championships" is out. I think we could see a team like Edmonton jumping at that opportunity, based on their current assets. A high risk/extremely high reward pick.
    You are probably right with this but wouldn't Edmonton look for someone who's floor might be a little more predictable? I just don't feel that they are in the position to swing and miss and Merkley just seems like a candidate for that.

  9. #329
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,958
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I don't think Edmonton was looking to add at the deadline, especially not for prospects.

    Also don't think they're trading Klefbom, but stranger things have happened.

    If I had a guarantee we were getting Tavares and Kovalchuk, I'd float the idea of Kreider/Zibs for 10th + Klef (pauses to wonder if I should submit post or not)
    No reason to trade Kreids or Zibs, unless you think Zibs is too much of a concussion risk. Especially if you are not getting a game changer or #1 Dman back. We have plenty of RFAs, Zuc, Shatty and others to get more picks. Plus we have plenty of 2nds and 3rds to use to move up or include for a roster player.

    It is not that Kreids, Zibs, Skjei, Chytil, Lias and the Tampa prospects are untradeable. It is just that they should be key parts to the rebuilt core and should only move in a package that nets us a star or potential superstar.

  10. #330
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,958
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You cant dispute his skating or his offensive abilities. He could emerge as the highest scoring dman of this class... is that enough to overlook his defense deficiencies?
    "Defense wins championships" is out. I think we could see a team like Edmonton jumping at that opportunity, based on their current assets. A high risk/extremely high reward pick.
    I assumed you made that prediction based on Chiarelli mishandling another asset.

    Nor will he score more than Dahlin, Boqvist or Hughes.

  11. #331
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,007
    Rep Power
    64
    Zuc and a 2nd for pick ten?

    Pick ten and nine for pick one, two, three or four?

  12. #332
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,958
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Zuc and a 2nd for pick ten?
    More like Zuc, pick 29, 48, 70

  13. #333
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,295
    Rep Power
    249
    I've changed my mind. I dont want Tavares.


    5/23/18
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  14. #334
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,745
    Rep Power
    80
    Why?
    LGR!

  15. #335
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,295
    Rep Power
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Why?
    I dont know,man. I can't deal with these questions right now!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #336
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,290
    Rep Power
    126
    Red Wings willing to trade the 6th pick, is worth moving up only 3 spots in hopes Tkachuk falls?
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  17. #337
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,295
    Rep Power
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Red Wings willing to trade the 6th pick, is worth moving up only 3 spots in hopes Tkachuk falls?
    I think just about every team has come out saying they are willing to trade down for player + picks.

    We'd have to wait until the pick is up. I dont want to trade a shit-load prior to knowing who is available at 6. If it's Svechnikov, I'm in. Zadina, probably. After that, it would really be based off the cost.

    And there is a possibility the guy you want [to move up and take] at 4 is available when you are picking 9th.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  18. #338
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,493
    Rep Power
    130
    In a cap era, trading down is almost always a smart play unless you're got a no-brainer top-5 type of pick, that's why every team says they're open to it lol. True in the NFL as well.

  19. #339
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,560
    Rep Power
    95
    I wonder if DQ will push for Tkachuk if he's available in some way.
    GORTON 2020

  20. #340
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,290
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I wonder if DQ will push for Tkachuk if he's available in some way.
    He’s probably already making his case for him
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •