Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    My first mock draft (1-20)

https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/59599

Round 1
    1. Rasmus Dahlin (Buffalo Sabres) (Details: Obviously).
    2. Andrei Svechnikov (Carolina Hurricanes).
    3. Filip Zadina (Montreal Canadiens).
    4. Adam Boqvist (Ottawa Senators) (Details: offensive-dman replacement with a ton of potential).
    5. Quinton Hughes (Arizona Coyotes) (Details: Perfect fit to go with their young group of dynamic forwards).
    6. Evan Bouchard (Detroit Red Wings).
    7. Noah Dobson (Vancouver Canucks) (Details: Good skating dman with good offensive potential their system lacks).
    8. Brady Tkachuk (Chicago Blackhawks) (Details: Get "lucky" with Tkachuk falling... but most teams already knew this was going to happen.).
    9. Oliver Wahlstrom (New York Rangers) (Details: Future goal scorer theyve been looking for).
    10. Ryan Merkley (Edmonton Oilers) (Details: why not).
    11. Joseph Veleno (New York Islanders) (Details: Hoping he can eventually help fill the void after JT leaves this summer.).
    12. Ty Smith (New York Islanders from Calgary Flames) (Details: Stable backliner.).
    13. Joel Farabee (Dallas Stars) (Details: A good complement to their current roster and prospect pool).
    14. Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Philadelphia Flyers from St. Louis Blues) (Details: Seems to be their type of player.).
    15. Bode Wilde (Florida Panthers).
    16. Rasmus Kupari (Colorado Avalanche).
    17. Akil Thomas (New Jersey Devils).
    18. Ryan McLeod (Columbus Blue Jackets).
    19. Calen Addison (Philadelphia Flyers).
    20. Isac Lundeström (Los Angeles Kings).
    21. Barrett Hayton (San Jose Sharks).
    22. Jared McIsaac (Ottawa Senators from Pittsburgh Penguins).

CapFriendly.com User-Generated Mock-Draft
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    No way both Tkachuk and Walhstrom falls to 8 and 9, would be sweet, but probably both will be taken before Hawks pick.

I read somewhere that Oilers were willing to trade the #10 for a D. Klefbom, 10# for Risto was mentioned on Twitter (lol). Makes me think we maybe rushed it With McD if we could get a deal done with Chiarelli instead of Yz.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    No way both Tkachuk and Walhstrom falls to 8 and 9, would be sweet, but probably both will be taken before Hawks pick.

I read somewhere that Oilers were willing to trade the #10 for a D. Klefbom, 10# for Risto was mentioned on Twitter (lol). Makes me think we maybe rushed it With McD if we could get a deal done with Chiarelli instead of Yz.
    Outside of Nurse (and maybe Klef, if he bounces back), they need help all over the blueline. However, the Oil are desperate to add a winger who can play some O with McDavid. They seem fixated on that issue. They finally seemed to realize that a Pat Maroon, in that role, is pretty fuckin stupid.

We talked before about the teams who would be inclined to trade a high pick to get better immediately. Teams who've had inordinate amount of high picks and are getting impatient. Basically the Sabres and Oilers. Well, the Sabres fell into Dahlin, which is the one pick they won't trade. However, the Oiler's 10th pick may be traded to fill one of the roster needs mentioned.

IMO, Zuc and/or Spooner would improve their O. Maybe they'd be interested in an Dman like Shatty too. How about upgrading our Tampa pick. Add a 3rd or two to balance things out. Maybe the devil's 2nd if they only want 1 roster player. If the pick was 8th instead of 10th, I'd press very hard, since I believe the top 9 are on a different tier.

It never hurts to explore a deal with Chiarelli.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 05-18-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post

I would bet my next paycheck that Edmonton was one of the 10 teams that McD had on his No Trade Clause

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    My first mock draft (1-20)

https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/59599

Round 1
    1. Rasmus Dahlin (Buffalo Sabres) (Details: Obviously).
    2. Andrei Svechnikov (Carolina Hurricanes).
    3. Filip Zadina (Montreal Canadiens).
    4. Adam Boqvist (Ottawa Senators) (Details: offensive-dman replacement with a ton of potential).
    5. Quinton Hughes (Arizona Coyotes) (Details: Perfect fit to go with their young group of dynamic forwards).
    6. Evan Bouchard (Detroit Red Wings).
    7. Noah Dobson (Vancouver Canucks) (Details: Good skating dman with good offensive potential their system lacks).
    8. Brady Tkachuk (Chicago Blackhawks) (Details: Get "lucky" with Tkachuk falling... but most teams already knew this was going to happen.).
    9. Oliver Wahlstrom (New York Rangers) (Details: Future goal scorer theyve been looking for).
    10. Ryan Merkley (Edmonton Oilers) (Details: why not).
    11. Joseph Veleno (New York Islanders) (Details: Hoping he can eventually help fill the void after JT leaves this summer.).
    12. Ty Smith (New York Islanders from Calgary Flames) (Details: Stable backliner.).
    13. Joel Farabee (Dallas Stars) (Details: A good complement to their current roster and prospect pool).
    14. Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Philadelphia Flyers from St. Louis Blues) (Details: Seems to be their type of player.).
    15. Bode Wilde (Florida Panthers).
    16. Rasmus Kupari (Colorado Avalanche).
    17. Akil Thomas (New Jersey Devils).
    18. Ryan McLeod (Columbus Blue Jackets).
    19. Calen Addison (Philadelphia Flyers).
    20. Isac Lundeström (Los Angeles Kings).
    21. Barrett Hayton (San Jose Sharks).
    22. Jared McIsaac (Ottawa Senators from Pittsburgh Penguins).

CapFriendly.com User-Generated Mock-Draft
    From everything I've seen, most people are thinking Merkley as a late first rounder. You think he moves up the draft board that much?

I don't think Edmonton was looking to add at the deadline, especially not for prospects.

Also don't think they're trading Klefbom, but stranger things have happened.

If I had a guarantee we were getting Tavares and Kovalchuk, I'd float the idea of Kreider/Zibs for 10th + Klef (pauses to wonder if I should submit post or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    From everything I've seen, most people are thinking Merkley as a late first rounder. You think he moves up the draft board that much?
    You cant dispute his skating or his offensive abilities. He could emerge as the highest scoring dman of this class... is that enough to overlook his defense deficiencies?
    "Defense wins championships" is out. I think we could see a team like Edmonton jumping at that opportunity, based on their current assets. A high risk/extremely high reward pick.

You cant dispute his skating or his offensive abilities. He could emerge as the highest scoring dman of this class... is that enough to overlook his defense deficiencies?
    "Defense wins championships" is out. I think we could see a team like Edmonton jumping at that opportunity, based on their current assets. A high risk/extremely high reward pick.
    You are probably right with this but wouldn't Edmonton look for someone who's floor might be a little more predictable? I just don't feel that they are in the position to swing and miss and Merkley just seems like a candidate for that.

I don't think Edmonton was looking to add at the deadline, especially not for prospects.

Also don't think they're trading Klefbom, but stranger things have happened.

If I had a guarantee we were getting Tavares and Kovalchuk, I'd float the idea of Kreider/Zibs for 10th + Klef (pauses to wonder if I should submit post or not)
    No reason to trade Kreids or Zibs, unless you think Zibs is too much of a concussion risk. Especially if you are not getting a game changer or #1 Dman back. We have plenty of RFAs, Zuc, Shatty and others to get more picks. Plus we have plenty of 2nds and 3rds to use to move up or include for a roster player.

It is not that Kreids, Zibs, Skjei, Chytil, Lias and the Tampa prospects are untradeable. It is just that they should be key parts to the rebuilt core and should only move in a package that nets us a star or potential superstar.

I assumed you made that prediction based on Chiarelli mishandling another asset.

Nor will he score more than Dahlin, Boqvist or Hughes.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Zuc and a 2nd for pick ten?

Pick ten and nine for pick one, two, three or four?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Zuc and a 2nd for pick ten?
    More like Zuc, pick 29, 48, 70

I've changed my mind. I dont want Tavares.

5/23/18

//reported Junior Division
    Why?
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Why?
    I dont know,man. I can't deal with these questions right now!

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Red Wings willing to trade the 6th pick, is worth moving up only 3 spots in hopes Tkachuk falls?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Red Wings willing to trade the 6th pick, is worth moving up only 3 spots in hopes Tkachuk falls?
    I think just about every team has come out saying they are willing to trade down for player + picks.

We'd have to wait until the pick is up. I dont want to trade a shit-load prior to knowing who is available at 6. If it's Svechnikov, I'm in. Zadina, probably. After that, it would really be based off the cost.

And there is a possibility the guy you want [to move up and take] at 4 is available when you are picking 9th.

Moderator Junior Division
    In a cap era, trading down is almost always a smart play unless you're got a no-brainer top-5 type of pick, that's why every team says they're open to it lol. True in the NFL as well.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I wonder if DQ will push for Tkachuk if he's available in some way.
    GORTON 2020

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I wonder if DQ will push for Tkachuk if he's available in some way.
    He’s probably already making his case for him
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast