Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 705

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

  1. #521
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,552
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by priorae View Post
    They need to do this right. The Lightning can’t do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.
    Why even give their pick back?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #522
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by priorae View Post
    They need to do this right. The Lightning canít do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.
    I'd rather have Katchouk than Foote.

  3. #523
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by priorae View Post
    They need to do this right. The Lightning canít do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.
    I'll take Foote and turning that conditional into a guaranteed 1st....or they can try and find someone else willing to take their junk.

  4. #524
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    688
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I'll take Foote and turning that conditional into a guaranteed 1st....or they can try and find someone else willing to take their junk.
    Does Gorton want to get Callahan as part of that deal? It will all depend on how much Tampa offers us. We can get Foote for that respective pick for the 1st round. Can we pick up his salary?

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Having hardships while winning.


    Let's Go Rangers! You're the only team I've got this sports season (Besides the Yankees in March 2019)

  5. #525
    Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    12
    Getting Foote AND firming the conditional into a 1st is essentially giving us TBL's next and last year's 1sts and I would think pretty unlikely. Just getting Foote INSTEAD of the conditional is potentially (should the Leafs smoke TBL in the division final) moving from a future 58th to a concrete (2017) 14th that is 2 yrs closer to the NHL. Looking at what it cost to move from 26 to 22 in this past draft, that's a lot of value for spending a few mil on Cally. That also puts their 2019 1st back in play as part of the return for OTT and makes the whole thing more likely to happen. But even that may be too much for Stevie.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  6. #526
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    40
    Surely we’ll make them bleed a bit to take on their disposables.
    Katchouk/Foote or kindly fuck off.

  7. #527
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,411
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Getting Foote AND firming the conditional into a 1st is essentially giving us TBL's next and last year's 1sts and I would think pretty unlikely. Just getting Foote INSTEAD of the conditional is potentially (should the Leafs smoke TBL in the division final) moving from a future 58th to a concrete (2017) 14th that is 2 yrs closer to the NHL. Looking at what it cost to move from 26 to 22 in this past draft, that's a lot of value for spending a few mil on Cally. That also puts their 2019 1st back in play as part of the return for OTT and makes the whole thing more likely to happen. But even that may be too much for Stevie.
    Excellent post Rodrigue and it still may be too optimistic. Stevie values Serg and Foote highly. It would seem one has to go to Ottawa, unless Point is the main piece, which I doubt. Yzerman will want to keep at least one of the two Dmen.

    I still think the best we can hope for is Taylor Raddysh or Boris Katchouk. I'd give them their pick back if they send both wingers our way. What else would interest us. Yanni Gourde, who needs a contract? Anthony Cirelli is interesting, but he showed well with the Bolts and is too valuable to send just to take Cally.

    Yzerman has no deadline, he's probably playing us against other clubs to widdle down the comp.

  8. #528
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Lt. Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,228
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Surely weíll make them bleed a bit to take on their disposables.
    Katchouk/Foote or kindly fuck off.
    If Gorton isnít, he should. Fuck Tampa. Make it worth while to take the Jerry curl back or eat shit.

  9. #529
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    982
    Rep Power
    26
    Rangers have zero reason to budge here. If tampa wants Karlsson then they need the cap space. Callys contract is a joke and a first minimum is required to take it on. That’s an additional first not turning the conditional we already own into no conditions. Foote or katchook would be ok too but that’s it. The rangers have no reason to help them. The cap space holds its value no reason to give it up unless it’s worth it

  10. #530
    Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Rangers have zero reason to budge here. If tampa wants Karlsson then they need the cap space. Callys contract is a joke and a first minimum is required to take it on. That’s an additional first not turning the conditional we already own into no conditions. Foote or katchook would be ok too but that’s it. The rangers have no reason to help them. The cap space holds its value no reason to give it up unless it’s worth it
    I agree that we are useful to the deal and have cards to play. But we aren't the only ones with cap space.

  11. #531
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    No, but they have the most, and of the teams with oodles of cap room, are the only one rebuilding who probably don't care about losing next year. Winning and New Jersey aren't there. The Isles kind of are, but I doubt they'd admit it. Vegas really isn't, and Ottawa is, but are run by a notorious cheapskate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  12. #532
    Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    No, but they have the most, and of the teams with oodles of cap room, are the only one rebuilding who probably don't care about losing next year. Winning and New Jersey aren't there. The Isles kind of are, but I doubt they'd admit it. Vegas really isn't, and Ottawa is, but are run by a notorious cheapskate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    What do you think is a reasonable bottom line?

  13. #533
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    982
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    I agree that we are useful to the deal and have cards to play. But we aren't the only ones with cap space.
    No we aren’t but we a team who isn’t concerned about every penny spent. The rangers should be willing to use some cash to acquire assets unlike many of the others with space. Also and more important is that the rangers don’t have any players coming up on big raises that they have to sign. The rangers space is long term while the jets for instance isn’t.

    Regardless teams don’t just take bad contracts off teams hands. We have had our bad contracts over the years and they’ve become impossible to move. If Stevie y wants to move cally then it’s far past time to make him bleed. If some other team wants to let him off the hook than do be it

  14. #534
    Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    No we aren’t but we a team who isn’t concerned about every penny spent. The rangers should be willing to use some cash to acquire assets unlike many of the others with space. Also and more important is that the rangers don’t have any players coming up on big raises that they have to sign. The rangers space is long term while the jets for instance isn’t.

    Regardless teams don’t just take bad contracts off teams hands. We have had our bad contracts over the years and they’ve become impossible to move. If Stevie y wants to move cally then it’s far past time to make him bleed. If some other team wants to let him off the hook than do be it
    Good points. Thanks.

  15. #535
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    What do you think is a reasonable bottom line?
    For what?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  16. #536
    Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    For what?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    For picking up Cally's contract.

  17. #537
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,552
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    What do you think is a reasonable bottom line?
    If the rangers are taking cap only (as in just ryan or Ryan, and not Karlsson/Kuc) the return needs to be big. A 2nd + from Ottawa (they won’t, as they do to have picks) or a 1st or top prospect from TB, and probably add to that.

    Rangers aren’t taking on dead weight for free.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  18. #538
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    For picking up Cally's contract.
    Not cheap. Sergachev, another first-round pick, or Katchouk and additional 2019 picks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #539
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    40
    Sergachev would surely be part of any trade, i.e. headed to Ottawa?

  20. #540
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,601
    Rep Power
    421
    Depends on all the other pieces involved. What I'm saying is I'm not taking ol' Brillo pad back without a serious kicker. Especially if EK65 is staying in Tampa. A team the Rangers will already be fighting to get past in order to win themselves. You want to load up with the Rangers' help? It's going to cost you more than whatever Karlssons's price tag may be. You're going to pay the Rangers, too. Significantly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •