Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Nuffin’ happenin’- the suspense is pretty unsuspenseful.

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    All low key Frank keep to rebuild plan and I'm not expecting anything big
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Nuffin’ happenin’- the suspense is pretty unsuspenseful.
    For the Rangers, that's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I'm with you man....the less, the better. I wanna see these kids play this year, with nothing in the way of roster clogging. If we can get 2 or 3 solid players to build on for next year I'll be happy as a pig in shit. At the end of this season I wanna be able to hang my hat on a couple of players that I can call "my guys".

I do want a tough guy though; I don't want any of our kids playing in fear that they're not going to be stood up for while they're growing up.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    None of the ufa’s are really all that exciting me to. And I don’t mean there aren’t/weren’t good players available, I just don’t want any of them on this team.

I’m fine if they stand pat in terms of ufa signings.

Wouldn’t mind a trade for a guy that brings in assets along with a bad contract and offers a bit of leadership. But none of the guys being rumored are all that interesting to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    None of the ufa’s are really all that exciting me to. And I don’t mean there aren’t/weren’t good players available, I just don’t want any of them on this team.

I’m fine if they stand pat in terms of ufa signings.

Wouldn’t mind a trade for a guy that brings in assets along with a bad contract and offers a bit of leadership. But none of the guys being rumored are all that interesting to me either.

I think less is more this year. So yeah, I'm with ya!

I'm kind of torn though because I want to see our young guys play well, but on the other hand we're going to have to lose a LOT of games to score a top 3 pick in the 2019 draft. I don't believe we have many more assets to deal to get a pick that high, so I suppose we're going to have to accept the "growing pains" this season.

Deleted Midget Division
    Ottawa has given teams permission to speak with EK as apparently he wants to be resigned to his destination.

The Rangers aren't interested according to Carpiniello.

Erik​ Karlsson is​ on the trade​ market,​ but​ the​ dynamic Ottawa defenseman​ won’t be coming​ to Manhattan,​ The Athletic​ has learned.

According​​ to people familiar with the Rangers’ thinking, a trade for Karlsson would go against their rebuild in that they would not be willing to give up the top prospects it would take to get him
    I think they're doing really well so far, and with every day that passes it becomes clearer and and clearer that this is an actual rebuild. After looking at the terms given to most of the UFA's that might have been options I'm happy they stayed away. It's the right move. Absolutely no point giving guys like Beagle and Bozak 3 years + at the start of a rebuild.

Deleted Midget Division
    Means it wouldn't be a flip.

Deleted Midget Division
    Rangers out on EK

Senior Member Midget Division
    would anyone consider trying to throw a poison pill contract at dylan larkin? 21 years old and had 62 points last year. wings are 9 mln under the cap
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    would anyone consider trying to throw a poison pill contract at dylan larkin? 21 years old and had 62 points last year. wings are 9 mln under the cap
    No. Not worth it

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Don't think the GM's would do it w/o owner approval, teams just don't do it.

Hypothetically the offer should go no higher than the compensation equal to a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Even that might get matched and now Detroit has an axe to grind. Besides do we really want to risk a possible very high 2019 pick to make this move now? There are not many players worth our 2019 #1. It's pretty much untradeable.

Was going to start a thread suggesting one trade. Go after 23 y/o Athanasiou who had major issues his last contract and is currently unsigned. He is a blazing fast weapon, versatile and still getting better. He can be part of a long term winner, like Hags. He'd give us more flexibility to trade wingers or centers, later in the season. Sign him to the same contract as Jon Moore

Yakupov signed in the khl

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Hayes, Vesey, Skjei and Spooner all file for salary arbitration
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    Callahan and Girardi for Anderson and Chytil..... You heard it here first.....

Junior Member Mite Division priorae's Avatar
    They need to do this right. The Lightning can’t do this without getting rid of current NHL talent or using the Rangers space. Taking on Callahan needs to come with a sweetener. Maybe the rangers can give them their second / (first restriction) back and they can yank Foote away from them along with Callahan.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast